What model would you most like to see re-released?

JR 500系

Hi people! 

Just wondering, what is the general interest among here? I know we are all Japanese Railway Enthusiasts, but which model made you pull out your hair and regret not getting it when it was available? Which model made you wish everyday there was a re-release or a re-run so that you can get your hands on it finally?

Tastes differ from everyone, so one man's meat is another's poison. Thus it's nice to see the spectrum of interest, and maybe we will be able to see which model gets the most votes! Perhaps we can write in a petition to the manufacturer based on the results of this voting?  :)   Just dreaming...

Cast your votes, all in the name of fun and curiosity!

My personal top 3 re-release choices are as follows:

FIRST - Kato 10-1123 E655 Nagomi - Elegant colour, beautiful shape, fit for an emperor, Unavailable now, unless you can afford it as it cost a BOMB now...

SECOND - MicroAce A8470 E926 East-i inspection vehicle - Probably the most sought after inspection shinkansen, or if not, the most sought after inspection train. Beautiful shape and colour resemblance to the E3, and lovely front & top inspection lights that light up!

THIRD - Kato 10-828 C57 + Series12 `SL Ban-etsu Monogatari` (Basic 4-Car Set) - This is a lovely starter set for steam engine. The carriages and beautiful too, and the locomotive is one of the best looking ones ~

Have fun discussing and voting! 

• Like 2

Would love to see Greenmax re-release their Hankyu 7000 in the early coloring.

Would also love to see either Greenmax or Microace re-release their Tobu 8000 in the newer coloring, with the black surrounding the front windows. I highly prefer that over the white one.

• Like 1

Ah, I'd like a MicroAce Keisei AE1 Skyliner in 8-car formation again, but I'm not really desparate for it.

Would also love to see either Greenmax or Microace re-release their Tobu 8000 in the newer coloring, with the black surrounding the front windows. I highly prefer that over the white one.

Isn't Greenmax already doing that? http://www.greenmax.co.jp/Product/GM1012tscm_tobu8000-kousin_front-new.htm

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10176598

Happy Christmas Claude...from Claude

Doesn't fit with anything I model, but looks great!

Hi Claude:

While i can't find one around with the one you pointed out, there is one out there for sale that is very identical to this one: 

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/n-scale-microace-new/products/super-sale-microace-a-8248-series-kiha-183-1000-siebold

It's the A8248 Series Kiha-185-1000 Siebold. Very similar colour at an unbeatable price from a high service seller ~

Kato 10-1123 E655 Nagomi - no doubts

Great i have a buddy here!

Thanks guys for the feedback, keep them coming! Interesting to see the spectrum of interest brewing here!

i would freak out if i could get a Micro Ace 300 Shinkansen and the Kato E655 Nagomi !!!

What is so special in series 300? I mean is MicroAce much better than e.g. Tomix in this case?

as a shinkansen collector (for now) later a on a little layout

to me 2... both are Micro Ace

A1150

A1150_p.jpg

A1155

A1155_p.jpg

im try to find those but right now very very expensive :sad1:

• Like 2
Claude_Dreyfus
Hi Claude:

While i can't find one around with the one you pointed out, there is one out there for sale that is very identical to this one: 

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/n-scale-microace-new/products/super-sale-microace-a-8248-series-kiha-183-1000-siebold

Apologies! Idiot here posted on the wrong thread. This should have been put on the What have you ordered thread!

Doh!

• Like 1

Kato 10-1110 Series E657 `Super Hitachi` (Basic 6-Car Set)

Kato 3059 EF510-0

Kato 3019-8 EF65-1000 Early Type JR Freight Second Update Color

Definitely these JR Shikoku models:

MicroAce KiHa 47 (A0702)
Tomix KiHa 58/65 'Yoshinogawa' (92063)
MicroAce KiHa 185 'Shiokaze' (A0369)
MicroAce KiHa 185-3000/3100 (A0363)
MicroAce 2000 series + N2000 series 'Nanpu + Uzushio' (A3475)

MicroAce 113 series (A2250/A2251/A2252) (A2252 is actually available but the money...)

MicroAce 121 series (A1952)
MicroAce 213 Rapid Servce 'Marine Liner' & Kuro212-1/All Second Class Seat Car (A0011 & A0010)

But even if they get released I'd probably not have the money for them for the time being.

• Like 1
I shop at 1999.co, and they are all either sold out or reservations are closed.

That's a limitation you put on yourself though. There are always other shops if you want it bad enough...

as a shinkansen collector (for now) later a on a little layout

to me 2... both are Micro Ace

im try to find those but right now very very expensive :sad1:

Wow! I didn't even know they exist! That's a rare zero series! Any idea why there are two pantagraphs on one car? 

Apologies! Idiot here posted on the wrong thread. This should have been put on the What have you ordered thread! Doh!

No worries Claude! So you ordered from them? It's a smashing price, i would like to get it but it's way out of my region...

Definitely these JR Shikoku models:

MicroAce KiHa 47 (A0702)

Tomix KiHa 58/65 'Yoshinogawa' (92063)

MicroAce KiHa 185 'Shiokaze' (A0369)

MicroAce KiHa 185-3000/3100 (A0363)

MicroAce 2000 series + N2000 series 'Nanpu + Uzushio' (A3475)

MicroAce 113 series (A2250/A2251/A2252) (A2252 is actually available but the money...)

MicroAce 121 series (A1952)

MicroAce 213 Rapid Servce 'Marine Liner' & Kuro212-1/All Second Class Seat Car (A0011 & A0010)

But even if they get released I'd probably not have the money for them for the time being.

Haha ~ Definitely Shikoku trains for Densha!

rapit up in hurr

EErr... apologizes but i can't understand this? 

• Like 1
Guest keio6000

I dont really understand. Anything that you want to buy you can find on secndary markets, no? Ok, maybe used, but japanese used is better than most manufacturers new...

So based on that, i dont particularly care for many re-releases other than maybe where something got expensive on the secondary market. And from this. Id love to see endou re release their toei shinjuku 10-000. Even though i have a 4 car set, i would be appy to get more. Or even better, if microace did this anew.

The other thing that falls into that category are some ma streamlined amd mallard sls which go for crazy money now. Im not an sl guy, but they are very nice and id be tempted.

That's a limitation you put on yourself though. There are always other shops if you want it bad enough...

I have other things I need to buy. I find it really rude it's just assumed I skipped it and am just complaining about it.

I have other things I need to buy. I find it really rude it's just assumed I skipped it and am just complaining about it.

Nope. Not assuming anything. Now you're just assuming I've been assuming and interpreting it wrongly. I'm just saying GM did a kind of re-run, you presumably missed out on the pre-order on 1999.co.jp, and there are other ways of obtaining this train. Sorry for having rustled your feely feels by suggesting some alternative.

Edited by Toni Babelony
I dont really understand. Anything that you want to buy you can find on secndary markets, no? Ok, maybe used, but japanese used is better than most manufacturers new... So based on that, i dont particularly care for many re-releases other than maybe where something got expensive on the secondary market. And from this. Id love to see endou re release their toei shinjuku 10-000. Even though i have a 4 car set, i would be appy to get more. Or even better, if microace did this anew. The other thing that falls into that category are some ma streamlined amd mallard sls which go for crazy money now. Im not an sl guy, but they are very nice and id be tempted.

Yap i agree Keio6000 that Japanese used is better than most manufacturers used, as they have an exceptionally high level of standard when buying in used models and selling used models. 

Yes you can basically try to find anything on the secondary markets that you missed out, but that of course comes with a heavy price tag. Most, if not all, of the time the very hard to find sets can appear on Yahoo Auctions, which means you probably need to pay for agent fees too, on top of what you pay (which is already inflated) for the set itself. Then you have to factor in Japanese domestic shipping costs, bank fees, packing fees and international shipping fees to get it to your location. Possible, but highly inflated.

Quote an example:  http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u61069815    A Kato 10-1123 E655 Nagomi set (which already has 3 votes here  :)  )

Using really basic Yahoo Auction agent buying services (which may differ from agent to agent, but it's about the same protocol)

List price on Yahoo Auctions: 27,500 yen 

Agent fees: Probably 20% ? Most agent charge 20% = 5,500 yen 

Japan Domestic shipping: 580 yen 

Bank Fee: perhaps 200 yen? 

Packing fee: Usually around 500 yen?

International shipping: EMS to, say Australia? = around 3000 yen for a box set 

Total from Yahoo Auction now = 37,280 yen (might be lesser depending on agent, but there-about)

Listed price of the Kato 10-1123 E655 Nagomi basic 5-car set on, say HS? = 15,840yen 

Using the same international shipping rate = 3,000yen 

Total in the event of re-release from HS = 18,840 yen (does get cheaper from other sources though) 

An almost 2x mark up to pay for the same set. 

So it's possible, but comes with a high price. Hence, wouldn't anyone of us love a re-release?   :)

Current leader now with 3 votes is the Kato 10-1123 E655 Nagomi! Seems like a really sought after set! 

Guest keio6000

I regularly use those services and yahoo jp.  However, I find that I can often find bargains.  But yes, E655 seems to have been underproduced and the price is too high for what it is.  This used to be the case with 885 sonic, too.  I remember seeing a set go for over jpy 60,0000!

The good news is that as that's the only livery for the E655, a re-release at some point is pretty much guaranteed.

I am right now kind of feeling stupid for not getting a MicroAce Odakyu Exe set earlier.  They used to go for almost nothing used (like 6000-7000 for the 6-car set) but now they are going for well over 10,000.

I regularly use those services and yahoo jp.  However, I find that I can often find bargains.  But yes, E655 seems to have been underproduced and the price is too high for what it is.  This used to be the case with 885 sonic, too.  I remember seeing a set go for over jpy 60,0000!

The good news is that as that's the only livery for the E655, a re-release at some point is pretty much guaranteed.

I am right now kind of feeling stupid for not getting a MicroAce Odakyu Exe set earlier.  They used to go for almost nothing used (like 6000-7000 for the 6-car set) but now they are going for well over 10,000.

Agreed. I certainly hope the E655 gets re-release soon, and this time i wouldn't let it pass by me! 

Regarding the EXE, do you mean this set? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10124853

I search on HS Odakyu EXE and only this came out. Yap it's expensive, but better now than later in Yahoo Auctions, or never... Luckily for me, i paid just a tad more for my Irodori than when it was released. I couldn't pass it by again ~

So can i say now the E655 Nagomi gets another vote, pushing it to 4 votes? 

Guest keio6000
Agreed. I certainly hope the E655 gets re-release soon, and this time i wouldn't let it pass by me! 

Regarding the EXE, do you mean this set? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10124853

I search on HS Odakyu EXE and only this came out. Yap it's expensive, but better now than later in Yahoo Auctions, or never... Luckily for me, i paid just a tad more for my Irodori than when it was released. I couldn't pass it by again ~

So can i say now the E655 Nagomi gets another vote, pushing it to 4 votes? 

That price for the 30000 EXE (JPY 17000) is well too high.  I can find it without too much trouble in "A" state used for under 10,000.. recently it was selling in Yahoo JP for around 7000.  Now it is starting to creep up a bit, but there's no need to spend 17000 for it, I don't think.

So sure, a E655 vote from me, but a tepid one.  It's not high on my buy list, though it is a nice train.

I'd rather Kato re-release their Seibu 101 'new' version in Seibu Tamagawa White :).  Or make a 11-car suica/penguin train (not that bear).  I suppose at this stage my collection is such that most kato and tomix things that already exist and I might want I already have.