What model would you most like to see re-released?

JR 500系

2 hours ago, katoftw said:

Both kato and tomix eva500s will never be released again.

What makes you say that?

jeff

A hunch from previous experience from watching short term limited releases before.

I would rule out with certainty that Kato would never do it again. Wasnt the prettiest release both actual model and marketing wise. No HK version for similar reasons?

Tomix though do have a much better track record of revisiting these types of limited releases.

But many factors go against a new release. There has to be a big want for said train to do a re-run. Probably isnt a huge want to warrent only 18 months out. And secondly, other 500s like the HK version are prioritized first.

But to be honest. I'm pretty sure Jeff you'd know all this from experience. You've been in the game a lot longer than I have.

Edited by katoftw

It’s always been a bit of a crapshoot at times what gets rerun. Kato did the emperor car as an ultra exclusive release only to release it with the full emblem in the set not long after, so I just don’t trust limited edition talk. It did sell out and I think the biggest question mark with it was the crossover anime collector market. Seems like one that may hold popular attention in the future for a rerun. The paint did tax Kato, but they may now have that better under their belt.

i only asked as you said it with such certainty it would never be rereleased, I though you may have seen something that was a real deal killer like relicensing or something.

jeff

I'm hoping KATO will re-release the updated 2018 version of the E351.

Do you think it might pop up in the schedule in 2020? They released the E353 twice in 2019, so one can hope.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:19 AM, katoftw said:

Both kato and tomix eva500s will never be released again.

I think this would be the case. The Eva500 was a repaint of the standard Nozomi model that Kato produced. In the past there have been some Hobby Center repaint releases but these have never been repeated. I think we can safely assume that the eva500 is categorized as one of these type of releases, be it with a custom box and rerailer.

36 minutes ago, SuperAzusa said:

Do you think it might pop up in the schedule in 2020? They released the E353 twice in 2019, so one can hope.

The last 2 runs were quite a gap apart but if there are other trains on the line getting runs, this might get scheduled. The 257 may get rerun before the 351 due to when it was last released.

50 minutes ago, SuperAzusa said:

The E353 is a brand-new train and evidently quite popular, whereas the (now extinct) E351 had a "last run" last run and is slipping backwards into the history books. If the Chuo Line 201 series is anything to go by, any new release may take a couple of years. I wish they'd re-release the upgrade pack for the original E351, missed out on that last time.

12 minutes ago, Kamome said:

The last 2 runs were quite a gap apart but if there are other trains on the line getting runs, this might get scheduled. The 257 may get rerun before the 351 due to when it was last released.

An E257 release would make sense both as a re-release of the Chuo Line version as well as a version in the new E257-2000 livery. But that will all depend on Kato.

I'd also like a 205 Series re-run by KATO...

...and a re-run of the 215 Series as well... (anyone goes: greenmax, microace...).

• Like 2

I second the 215 (preferably by not microace), and I'd add the E331.  I've love to see kato model the articulated cars like how they did the NSE 3100.

Yeah MA played us out with the 215s and I really should have bit the bullet when I saw a few on Yahoo Auctions going for decent prices when MA first announced the re-release... 

• Sad 1

Kato's C56 was available about 2 years ago.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10188961

The 113 Series Yokosuka color EMU is part of Kato's Best Selection line and should be available at least as a four car set. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/2066/0/2 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/2066/0/1

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10129470

The JNR 72 Series EMU is available for reservation.  

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10690373

I gave Hobby Search links. But you might find a better price at AmiAmi for the reservation.

Edited by bill937ca

Not technically a model, but for the love of mercy could Bandai please re-release their Power Units for the B-Train Shorties!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mr_bananies said:

I would like to see the any of E5 series available again.

These should be readily available, from Kato especially unless you wanted the HO version

Since I'm a sucker for sweet キハ40, I've been wishing for a (Tomix) re-release of JR Hokkaido Fox, (キハ40-724), Squid (キハ40-741), Crab (キハ40-801) painted trains. Initial released by MA was in 2008, it's about time for a fresh version. I would definitely get the Fox.

KiHa 100 In standard livery. Might come out as a re-release in the future as Tomix is still using the mould for new, special livery releases...

20 hours ago, disturbman said:

Since I'm a sucker for sweet キハ40, I've been wishing for a (Tomix) re-release of JR Hokkaido Fox, (キハ40-724), Squid (キハ40-741), Crab (キハ40-801) painted trains. Initial released by MA was in 2008, it's about time for a fresh version. I would definitely get the Fox.

I concur this! I used to have this set, then i sold it off thinking i'll leave Hokkaido for good and yeah, shit happens....  😞

Waa there an initial release of the Fox Squid Crab by Tomix? I could only recall the MA one... And yeah since Tomix makes these Kiha-40s HG grade now it would be nice to have them again!

Edited by JR 500系
Peter Osborne

Kato seem to do every type of 313 JR Central have so a 311 set would be nice as the MA one is getting very expensive I’ve seen them for Y24000+ for the 4 car set, I don’t know if the 311 is the same under frame as the 211?