What model would you most like to see re-released?

JR 500系

J.R. Commuter Train Series 209-0 (Keihin-Tohoku Line) (Basic 3-Car Set)   http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10056263

Hhmmm... I might really want to let go of this....  Would you be interested? It's almost new, together with the 4-car add on set with 6 doors ~~ 

I'm thinking of getting the Kato full 10 car set instead for the Keihin-Tohoku...

Hhmmm... I might really want to let go of this....  Would you be interested? It's almost new, together with the 4-car add on set with 6 doors ~~ 

I'm thinking of getting the Kato full 10 car set instead for the Keihin-Tohoku...

I will send you a PM.

The thing with those three is that they are quite easy to obtain on the 2nd hand market in Japan. They might not be in the basic formations, as 2nd hand shops tend to sell full formations instead of separate sets, but you can still see them practically everywhere...

You just had to tell me that the Asuza/Kaiji E257 is easy to find second-hand on the day I get off of work early. Do you think Mandarake will possibly have it? Always had good experiences with them.

I recently got my hands on the THSR Railfan game for PS3 which made me think how nice it would be to get a re-release of Kato's THSR 700T.

A non exclusive re-release for everyone. :love4:

Those prices on Yahoo and eBay are just a big no go.

Edited by Suica

At my constant ramblings about loco kitkashing, I should ask for a re-issue of the Kato 9600.

The chassis of it is a quite nice general D chassis which could be converted into a lot of interesting other steamers. The web is full of them from the 2009 release of it. People also claim it has best running properties.

While it's not a Japanese train, I wish Kato would do a re-release of their DB BR 425 model they did in 2011, many Livery/Marking variants are hard to find and/or extremely overpriced by now.

Then again I'm happy that Kato will be producing an ICE 4 model soon, though I doubt my wallet will like that :D

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 1

They NEED to release more old 205 series trains.   I would like to see the Saikyo 205 with the KATO stamp re-released.

Would also like to see more series 201 releases, seems these sets are hard to find second hand.

• Like 1
  • Densha pinned this topic
On 9/7/2017 at 7:52 AM, SubwayHypes said:

Would also like to see more series 201 releases, seems these sets are hard to find second hand.

I would like to second this request.  I want to get a 201 Sobu line and they are a bit hard to come by second hand and usually quite pricey.

Looking at the current Tomix and Kato catalogs there is every variation possible of the 103's, single head light, converted to dual headlight, actual dual headlight, high windscreen, low windscreen.  The options are awesome, but why no love for the 201's?

Eric

On 12/29/2016 at 5:10 PM, Suica said:

I really, really want a re-release of Kato's blue 883 Sonic.

If they are offered used at all, usually not without a price tag WAY above the old MSRP.

On 1/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, Suica said:

I recently got my hands on the THSR Railfan game for PS3 which made me think how nice it would be to get a re-release of Kato's THSR 700T.

A non exclusive re-release for everyone. :love4:

Those prices on Yahoo and eBay are just a big no go.

I hope that you’re just as excited as I am with the upcoming March releases. :toothy11:

As for pending re-releases, I hope that Kato will eventually get to producing their Tokyu Series 5050-4000 "Shibuya Hikarie" once again. I sorely regret passing this one over when I had the chance to pre-order it.

I really want a rerelease of the following models...

Tomix JR Shikoku KiHa 40/47

MicroAce JR Shikoku KiHa 185-3000/3100

MicroAce JR Shikoku N2000 series

Tomytec Fukui Tetsudou 200 type (old livery)

• Densha changed the title to What model would you most like to see re-released?

I'd love if Micro Ace would rerelease their E721 series, especially A7490. The few that are coming up on YA usually go for over 40000 yen, pretty ridiculous for a 4 car set...
On the other hand, now that AbukumaExpress is going to buy an E721 variant it might be an incentive for MA or maybe even another manufacturer to produce new models. There's already a nice variety of livery variants to be made: Standard JR East/Sendai Area, Airport Express, SAT, Aoimori Railway and soon AbukumaExpress.

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 1

The EVA 500 set. I missed out on the first run due to issues... 

Now nut jobs on eBay are listing them for $500+. 

Guess I'll go fight back and list my Amtrak Veterans P42 for $1000 😈

41 minutes ago, nscaler711 said:

The EVA 500 set. I missed out on the first run due to issues... 

Now nut jobs on eBay are listing them for $500+. 

Guess I'll go fight back and list my Amtrak Veterans P42 for $1000 😈

As a consolation the Tomix Hello Kitty is still available.  (my understanding is that the prototype EVA 500 became the Hello Kitty so they represent stages in the existence of the same train (?))

Yeah.... I'll pass on the Hello Kitty set, I know it's popular... But HK just isn't my style.... Besides who doesn't like a good Mecha anime. 😁

On 9/7/2017 at 8:52 PM, SubwayHypes said:

They NEED to release more old 205 series trains.   I would like to see the Saikyo 205 with the KATO stamp re-released.

Kato Chuo Line 201 series is coming out in May 2019.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:43 AM, ronin said:

I would like to second this request.  I want to get a 201 Sobu line and they are a bit hard to come by second hand and usually quite pricey.

Looking at the current Tomix and Kato catalogs there is every variation possible of the 103's, single head light, converted to dual headlight, actual dual headlight, high windscreen, low windscreen.  The options are awesome, but why no love for the 201's?

Now, a Chuo-Sobu 205 series (IIRC there were only two units in operation) would be nice too...

• Like 1