Tomix E7 open for reservation at HS

Dave1960

I've just noticed that HS has opened up reservation of the Tomix E7 Shinkansen. Its available as a limited edition 12 car set or as 3 separate sets to make up to 12 cars. Either way to total cost is 28815 yen (about £170).

With all the stuff I've got on reserve at the moment I guess this is going to have to wait a while.

Dave

I've got mine on pre-order. Can't miss the chance to get the latest JR East Shinkansen lol.. I should try and save money to go to Japan instead of keep buying the trains.

I think not so many fan will purchase this model.  It is one for the serious collector.  I think most fan are disappointed that E7 does not look as exciting as E5 and E6.  Colour is not appealing like E5 and E6 also.  I wonder why the design team abandon the long nose that so much money was spent developing in the first place.

I think not so many fan will purchase this model.  It is one for the serious collector.  I think most fan are disappointed that E7 does not look as exciting as E5 and E6.  Colour is not appealing like E5 and E6 also.  I wonder why the design team abandon the long nose that so much money was spent developing in the first place.

Agreed Ochanomizu san. I didn't rush into getting this on pre-order too... Having doubts if i'll even get it at all... 

Its mainly for the tunnel entrance and exit shapes. may be that their tunnel entrance/exits can work well with the smaller noses. also its the placement of the tunnel entrances if they are near houses where they get complaints of the booms at high speed.

While I dont find it a spectacular design, still interesting. I kinda like that is a bit different from most others, seeing the whole spread of shinkansens is what i find most interesting. very interesting evolution and history.

jeff

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 1

So sorry, I made mistake.

E7/W7 cruise speed specification is 260km/h.  That is slower than N700, E5 and E6.  Perhaps the nose design is adequate for the specified speed.

HS says "car number of the basic set can be changed". Anyone know if there are differences between the two sets, or is the Limited Edition just a set that combines the other three.

I like this design. It's reminiscent of the Series 500 in some ways.

After some deliberation I finally decided to reserve the limited edition 12 car set with HS. I really like the look of this model in particular the colour scheme which is not as garish as the E5 & E6 colour schemes.

I'm going to have to start limiting my train purchases and concentrate on the layout, at least that's what I'm being told by her who must be obeyed.

Dave

DBSchenker60008

Nice to see a model of the E7. Although I now model purely in OO and HO scale (my eyes aren't what they were). I really hope that Tomix and/or Kato will consider making this set in HO scale as well.

After some deliberation I finally decided to reserve the limited edition 12 car set with HS. I really like the look of this model in particular the colour scheme which is not as garish as the E5 & E6 colour schemes.

I'm going to have to start limiting my train purchases and concentrate on the layout, at least that's what I'm being told by her who must be obeyed.

Dave

Hello Mr Dave,

Yes, the "Minister of Home Affairs" has made similar remarks to me.