December 2013 JTB timetable

bikkuri bahn

Those visiting Japan around this time of the year (there seem to be a few forum members who are/will do so) may be interested in buying a copy of the current JTB timetable.  The cover feature is the 103 series, which is marking its 50th year of service.  It may become a collectible, and certainly will be a nice souvenir of your trip.

http://www.rurubu.com/book/recomm/jikokuhyou/

The last place you may be able to see the 103's are on the Osaka Loop LIne--and even that may disappear within the next few years. In fact, with JR West now committed to buying a lot of new railcars, even the 113's and 115's that are now common on the San'yō Main Line west of Himeji may give way to an updated version of the 225 Series EMU.

Westfalen, did you board any of those? The ones for Tennoji go into the upper level there, which I like for reasons unknown :grin

Yeah, the Hanwa Line terminus, me like too.  Atmosphere like a private railway stub end terminal with sunlight filtered through the glass canopies.

• Like 1
Westfalen, did you board any of those? The ones for Tennoji go into the upper level there, which I like for reasons unknown :grin

No, we caught an Haruka into town to make better time because of our round about route to get to Ogaki.