What is MicroAce BR "Best Renewal"

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

I saw a MicroAce 231 marketed with "BR" ("Best Renewal - ベストリニューアル仕様) 

Does anybody know what this refers to?  The MA231 has never been that great in my view, so the question is whether this refers to the mould being made better or just some renewal of the prototype that they are modelling?

It appears to have better detailing than its predecessor:

http://www.microace-arii.co.jp/release/pdf/A4022.pdf

machine translation of improvements:

● improvement and new products incorporating the technology of Best Renewal specification --- The Latest
Commercialized as early emerged as Tokaido Line for a new , the E231 system of green car consolidated two-story .
And prototype the organization Kozu train district (horizontal hang ) , and faithfully reproduce the detail detail that is different from the Tohoku line specification .
In conjunction with this , made ​​improvements to each part of our E231 system with a reputation , and then upgrade to the figure a feeling more .
And new production including carriage to E231, the E230 green car Salo Salo .
· Improved pantograph . Other newly added link rod movable shapes more realistic folding.
• The different parts of the arrester of pantograph side .
- Attach the hood to prevent falls Tsumaita of all models .
- Create a new private covered and AU726 cooler .
• Addition of piping radio antenna .
· Install the toilet tank .
· I adopt a white LED headlights .
• The improvement in the more realistic of the seat backrest .
- Fixed more realistic shape of the emergency cock .
· JR mark printed .
Gray equipment under the floor , below the motor car , painted in black the other parts .
· I reproduce in print lid of outside speakers preparatory work , Doakokku display , the door switch .
· Review the product configuration . Other 10 -car train can be reproduced in A4022 alone , reproduce the 15 -car train in combination with A4023.

Guest keio6000

Bikkuri: thank you very much for the detailed answer! I do kind of want a shonan shinjuku e231, but may just go for kato. Even with these improvements, i have not been very impressed with the ma e231-500 so maybe kato is the way to go. Thanks again!