Odakyu MSE 60000 preorder starts today !!!

NEX-989

Guest keio6000

Eidan 8000! Whoohooooooooo! Ive been asking for that for over 10 years.

Eidan8000 is a must get for me. The mse? Maybe. I have most of the romancecars already, but that one is pretty naff. I even prefer the 20000 and exe to it.

(Though why does a boxy 6 car eidan train cost more than a curvy mse grrrrrrr)

Err sorry to theadjack, but i notice it says "tozai line" next to the eidan 8000s. Does this imply that hanzoumon line stickers are not included? Is this rally for the extremely brief period that these ran on the tozai line? I am confused.

Edited by keio6000

Sorry Odakyu, but ever since you decided upon buying boring trains (post-2000 type), you're just not interesting any more for rolling stock. Maybe only the 4000 type?  :sad1:

Guest keio6000

toni, you're fairly spot on there, but odakyu is not particularly worse than many of the others, is it?

odakyu's biggest sin in my book is one that seibu and to a lesser degree tokyu are quite guilty of:  pissing away their brand lineage with off the wall nonsensical color schemes.   odakyu's commuters show their heritage somewhat welll and have personality (blue stripe), however any and all semblance of romancecar consistency or heritage is completely out the window.   ok true, the 'subway running' romancecars were always a bit of an exception but even so there should be *something* about it, that says 'romancecar' and now there is none.  about any of the current romancecars except maybe the VSE, as it's very distinctive and even otherworldly in perfect.   because of odakyu's consistency, i can see myself definitely gettiing something like their new 4000 series spamcan.

seibu i think just got hit with the stupid stick.  they had a very nice thing going with yellow trains and before that the red and dark yellow.  now it appears to have been a free for all with their designers to see who would ruin any semblance of heritage or brand identity the fastest.  the sole exception to this is the superb homage livery on the new red arrow which arguably is better than the oriignal.

tamagawa-line-101-winter.jpg

"let's paint our tamagawa line trains white for no good reason."

Edited by keio6000
  • Like 1

That's kind of true about Tokyu with its new 5000 series and the new Seibu trains (though I never really liked Seibu). Keisei with its 3000/3050, as well. They are not good looking and aren't popular with fans. Then, Tobu has it pretty much spot on with the 50000 and 60000. Both really good looking contemporary commuter trains. I hope the simple and effective design of them will be foreboding of the new wave of private commuter trains.

Odakyu is just plain. Even the VSE isn't rustling my jimmies. The only interesting trains running are the 1000, 2000 and 7000 type. The 8000 type is cool, because it's not a stainless steel one, but the riding qualities of them are pretty awful. Jerky acceleration and jerky brakes. It's not the drivers. I've had veterans and freshmen run these things and the 8000s always buck like wild mustangs.

Sorry Odakyu, but ever since you decided upon buying boring trains (post-2000 type), you're just not interesting any more for rolling stock. Maybe only the 4000 type?  :sad1:

I love the 2000. It was my first favorite Japanese train.

• Like 1
Guest keio6000

i think the 60000 mse is a good example of absolutely terrible brand continuity.  nothing aobut it says 'romance car.'   nothing about it says 'odakyu'.  nothing about it even hints at the chiyoda or yurakucho lines.   it doesnt even have the good sense to have a clear design connection to the EXE other than in general unbalanced-ends form.

that said, as somebody who shares a general blase about modern trains, i gotta say it isnt the worst looking thing that's come down the pike recently