open day 2013 at JR West Suita depot

miyakoji

On Saturday, November 9, JR West Suita depot held its open day for 2013.  On display were:

• 583 series used on Kitaguni sleeper services
  • 481 series panorama car, part of the 485 AC/DC express series
  • 103-1, used on the Osaka Loop at some point.  It was completed by Nippon Sharyo on May 28, 1964 and first used in Tokyo, and retired March 30, 2011 at Hineno.
  • 52001, built in 1936 and used on kyuko services between Kyoto and Kobe

http://railf.jp/news/2013/11/10/213000.html

several videos:

SankeiUp

55oresama

KENKENKAICHO

• Like 3
Are there depots that will host an open day during the next 3 weeks?

There are the two events on Tobu lines, mentioned in another post.  The open day season is winding down with the coming of winter.

Are there depots that will host an open day during the next 3 weeks?

I have searched and found following....

Nov. 17

Tobu Tojo Line family event at Shinrin Koen depot

Nov. 23

Mito railway festival - at Uchihara station on Joban line (not Katsuta depot)  *Seems small event

Izu-Hakone Fureai Festival - at Izu-Hakone Railway head office (next to Sunzu Line depot nearby Oba station)

Chikutetsu Train Festival 2013 - Chikuho Electric Railway's Kurosaki depot (for Nov. 23 and 24)

Dec. 14 and 15

Enoden Tankoro Festival - at Kokurakuji depot

Let me know if you are interested in above, I can give you more detailed translation.

• Like 1

ARGH! Enoden! I could go there on my bicycle, but alas... A baby is then expected to arrive. Oh baby... How many trains we shall watch, how many depots we will visit. You have no idea.

Also, come to realise it, JR West has a VERY awesome variety of rolling stock.

Thanks a lot! I could make it to the Tobu one but I'm afraid it won't fit into my (tight) schedule as this depot is quite remote.

ARGH! Enoden! I could go there on my bicycle, but alas... A baby is then expected to arrive. Oh baby... How many trains we shall watch, how many depots we will visit. You have no idea.

Also, come to realise it, JR West has a VERY awesome variety of rolling stock.

Lol. At what age are you planning he/she will have remembered every Japanese train series? ;)

Did you only realise it just now? That's berii late... But that's why I love them. I think the best location for me would be Okayama: a huge variety in JR West AND JR Shikoku stock! You just gotta love those 115 series consists with three different liveries in one train.

Edited by Densha