Hobbysearch now has no discount on sankei products

cteno4

darklighter,

you are right it was a preorder! and that was me that noticed it back 2 years ago and in my foggy old age I just totally forgot about it and re-noticed it again! now feeling like the dottering old duffer...

I guess i have not been picking up much from sankei from hs lately, ive padded some orders from hlj.com lately with them (new private warehouse lets you build up things that may take a few weeks to get backordered).

HS did respond that they had a change in the channels their suppliers for sankei and can no longer offer a discount. pitty seemed like such a great business model with low setup costs, production more on demand and minimal packaging costs.

cheers

jeff

interesting, HS now has a 5% off on the sankei products! Maybe bringing the issue up with them made them feel like they had to do some sort of discount even if only 5%.

jeff

interesting, HS now has a 5% off on the sankei products! Maybe bringing the issue up with them made them feel like they had to do some sort of discount even if only 5%.

jeff

Only on pre-orders and even then only selectively.  Everything else is no discount.

Doh! thought i looked down the list into the available ones! all reserves do appear to have the 5% off.

hobby link still has 20% off, but not a huge number in stock. a week or two ago i did put in a small sankei item in a backorder with them to see if and when they might be able to get sankei stuff on backorder. we shall see.

jeff

HS in their email said it was due to a change in the distribution channel, but hs has lowered all is discounts on everything as they have lost completion it seems...

Jeff