New member from France

sakm38

bonjour a tous

My name is Benjamin I live in France, more precisely in Grenoble.

I'm 30 years old and since I was a child I am passionate about model-making of all kinds.

I started with Tamiya model in 1/24, then I went to the RC-car (drift and off-road).

for 2 to 3 years I went back to the railway model making, but do not have enormously place at home I opted for the scale N.

Not wanting to make like everybody (U.S. or Europe universe) so I searched on the internet if there existed other universe railway model making and I discovered the "hobby-search" site and I found my happiness "JAPANESE UNIVERSE".

Now I'm on a design phase of small modular layout like this http://www.japanrailmodelers.org/pages/modelingjapan/minimodules.html with Minitrix rail because I don't like pre-ballasted rail

Martijn Meerts

Welcome!

You'll need to be a bit careful with the Minitrix turnouts, not all Japanese trains like them.

Fais attention que les roues japonaises n'ont pas le même profile que les roues européennes. Arnold ancienne génération déraille, Minitrix donne des problèmes de courent sur les pointes de coeurs isolées quand les aiguillages sont dos a dos.

Le mieux reste la voie PECO si on ne veut pas de la voie Kato ou Tomix pré ballastée.

Sur Tennoji (http://www.train-tram.be/model/tennoji2/index.htm), j'utilise un mélange de Tomix et Peco.

Pay attention that the japanese wheels don't have the same profile as the europeans wheels. Old Arnold points derails. Minitrix have a problem of power pick up on the insulated frog when the points are back to back.

The best is PECO track if you don't want to use Kato or Tomix pre-ballasted track.

On Tennoji (http://www.train-tram.be/model/tennoji2/index.htm)I use a mix of Tomix and Peco.

I know, I had the problem with DE10 that truck has three axles at the front and in the curve with R1 radius the front derailed. So i stay on the loco with a 2 axle bogie.

i remplace the DE-10 by ED79.

i have got a niigata 115-1000 series in blue skin and i have no problem with minitrix rail.

and all my freight car is ok with my rail

i think my next loco was a DD13 with a yo5000 caboose

Edited by sakm38
Martijn Meerts

A lot of the locomotives with 3 2-axle bogies will also have issues on the R1 curves and tighter turnouts. The middle bogie doesn't have enough space to move around, although that can be fixed by cutting away a little bit of plastic on the bogie so it has more wiggle room. Some of the Tomix ones with 3 bogies run through it just fine, but those also run through the smaller Tomix curves (140 and 170).

If you replace the standard Rapido couplers with knuckle/scharfenberg/body mounted, the minimum radius of many trains will also go up a little, another thing to keep in mind.

Bienvenue a toi...

Un francaise qui parle anglais...!!! :notworthy:

Every time I arrive to Modane with my train if i try to speak in french it'a a disaster! Bien que je parle aussi francaise! 

Edited by Matteo_IT

non un francais qui parle un peu anglais mais surtout google traduction et qui arrange un peu le resultat ^-^

a french speaking a little bit English but using "google traduction" and arrange a little the result ^ - ^

Edited by sakm38

Hi,

Welcome there, it's a pleasure to see new french language people there.

I hope that the minitrix track won't do too much problems, but as I don't do N scale I cannot be so helpful.

I'm from Switzerland and I live in both Montreux and Geneva.

See you!

Nicolas

Salut,

Bienvenue ici, cela me fait plaisir de voir de nouveaux francophone arriver.

Bonne chance avec la voie minitrix, j'espère que tu n'auras pas trop de problèmes avec, mais ne faisant pas de N je ne pourrai pas t'être d'une grande aide.

J'habite en Suisse à Montreux et Genève.

A bientôt.

Nicolas

Here is the list of my material with pics (sorry for the bad quality)

KATO Series 115-1000 Niigata Color (3 car set) :

1g96.jpg

TOMIX ED79-0:

j98y.jpg

KATO Waki10000 x2:

ufjz.jpg

KATO Chiki 5500 x4:

gfwj.jpg

KATOSeki 6000 x2:

xxus.jpg

KATOTaki 1900 x4:
kffk.jpg