Tomytec Trams Coming Soon

Claude_Dreyfus

Hey Jeff,

Thank you so much for the link, I was in that website for hours.  The prices are very reasonable, some of the items such as the Kato Overhead Station is cheaper than Tam Tam!

All in all, I have ordered 3 Tomytec Trams and 2 motors, I am thinking I can tag two cars together in my own dream layout to save money <-:P.

Uh oh, hope im not becoming a pusher or an enabler!

glad you enjoyed searching around. there are some good deals at HW. other items are a tad less at HS, but thats the fun of poking around! HW does seem to do very well on a lot of pre-order discounts. i got 30% off on my galaxy express there and it made it a reasonable price!

cheers

jeff

marknewton
Hobbyworld's web site can be very frustrating to find stuff! the categories totally suck...that being said i really like hobbyworld for a few reasons.

I like them too! Since I started dealing with them they've had a good selection of HO models, and they've been consistently good on price, shipping charges and delivery times*. I reckon you can't ask for more than that.

Cheers,

Mark.

*And when I email the folks there, I always let them know how good I think their service is! :)

*And when I email the folks there, I always let them know how good I think their service is! :)

This is something important to do as usually the public is ready to give their feedback strongly when theres a problem, but rarely when they are happy!

I do this with vendors all the time on exhibit projects. reps that go out of their way to help me out i call up their boss and give them the praise! folks are actually shocked to hear it many times, but i really want those that help me to let their companies know that is an asset and one of the main reasons they get my business and to foster that if they want to continue getting it!

plus im usually really grateful to have gotten the help when i need it instead of being abandoned!

cheers,

jeff

Listed as August release at HS. so any time now!

jeff

But not until after the 17th.

ok, I give up, what happens on the 17th?

edit: never mind, I've figured it out  :grin :grin

Japan is shutdown this week for Bon Festival (Obon) which is a major family reunion event during which people return to their ancestral family home.  All major Japanese internet dealers have notices that they are closed from the 12th until at least the 17th when the country goes back to work.  It happens three times most years, but this year there is a fourth break in September.

Ever hear the Japanese only take 8 days vacation a year?  Don't believe it.  There are extended breaks at New Years, Golden Week (in late April-early May), and Obon each year, plus the average of 8 days.

Hobby Dreamer

Hello,

I have 3 quick questions about these trams

1) did any one find the exact length of these (and the Kato variant)?  Need this for planning purposes.

2) I did not get the motor assembly, will these be available in the future?  (Did not want to invest too much until track is in my hand -  I mean how many trams can you fit on an oval?).

3) Do the tram shells come with wheels?  That is, if you did not get the motor assembly to go with them?

Thanks

Hello,

I have 3 quick questions about these trams

1) did any one find the exact length of these (and the Kato variant)?  Need this for planning purposes.

2) I did not get the motor assembly, will these be available in the future?  (Did not want to invest too much until track is in my hand -  I mean how many trams can you fit on an oval?).

3) Do the tram shells come with wheels?  That is, if you did not get the motor assembly to go with them?

Thanks

1. The prototype is 18,400mm.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%87%E8%91%89%E7%B7%9AMLRV1000%E5%BD%A2%E9%9B%BB%E8%BB%8A

2. The motor assembly can be reserved now.  It may sell out.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090251

3. There are wheels on all Tomytec models which turn to some degree.

Hobby Dreamer

Thanks Bill

1) I guess 18,400mm / 150 = 122.7 mm  .... so it will fit the tram barn I plan to get!

Thanks for the other 2 responses. I will buy Kato to support them in this venture. The Tomytecs will be used in static form in tram barns, or at intersections where you would not want the tram powered (assuming these intersections are to come).

Cheers

Rick

purple and green are already sold out at hs, only red left in stock...

not showing up yet at hw...

cheers

jeff