Hobby Search Handling Time

katoftw

Hi Kato, I just placed some order to Hobbysearch yesterday (Sunday), today is Monday. I only receive an order list from their auto reply, is there anything else I should be expecting? I don't see that they send me a payment request in paypal yet? Is there anything wrong, or should I contact their admin? Would love to hear what is your experience when you dealing with them , thanks.

HS is closed Monday July 21.  Must be a National Holiday.  See the HS business calendar on the lower right side of the first page of each department.

Hi Kato, I just placed some order to Hobbysearch yesterday (Sunday), today is Monday. I only receive an order list from their auto reply, is there anything else I should be expecting? I don't see that they send me a payment request in paypal yet? Is there anything wrong, or should I contact their admin? Would love to hear what is your experience when you dealing with them , thanks.

Hi Anevalian:

No worries. HS takes sometime to process orders. As long as you receive the order confirmation email, it should be alright. I received my order confirmation email and only got the paypal request and payment like 5 days later. It's alright, so long they don't send you any email stating that the items you ordered are out of stock or otherwise. Perhaps you can email them back if you receive nothing in about 1 weeks time.

Yap response is rather slow, but they're trustworthy. Don't worry they're get back to you.

Hello Mr Anevalain,

This is possibly because HS has items on back order.  They will not send you a payment request until the items have been packed and shipping costs confirmed.

in looking back at HS orders for in stock stuff in the last 6 - 12 months its been usually one business day to ask for payment then 2-4 days until the shipment notice. i didnt look at the calendar but i expect the longer shipping times were due to a weekend falling in there between payment and shipping.

when i use to use a cc straight with them it seemed things usually shipped the next day or two at most. but after their cc hacking that happened ive started to use paypal requests instead. this of course delays the whole process and im sure slows down everything for the whole process to getting shipped. but i ship sal all the time from them anyway so a little extra time really does not matter in the long run.

jeff

I never get paypal requests as I have set up auto paypal payment. So I could tell you about that side of things.

But even with auto payment, they normally take 2 working days to process an order. And another day to ship it out. If you placed an order on Sunday, and Monday was a holiday. Then I wouldn't expect a request until Thursday.

Unless you are checking your emails every 6-12 hours, I really would suggest setting up auto paypal payments. It speeds up the process by a day or two. Otherwise you'll be waiting for them to ship your items out that much longer.

I've ordered so many products from them since starting this thread. The original point of the thread was just my surprize to what I felt was longish processing and handling time. Once you are accustomed to it, and dont pay extra for EMS, it will be all good.

Edited by katoftw

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your reply, they are so informative, as an update, I was notified by paypal yesterday (Tuesday), the payment has been made, AND the status still shows "preparing for shipment". I guess patience is really what I need, hope that HS will ship my goods a.s.a.p., can't wait to assembly the model :D

Anevalian

they send you another email saying it has been shipped. normally a day later.

yea it is, got their shipment confirmation on Wednesday night, I think? and now counting days how long it is going to take :P , patience is all I need    >_< !!!

yea it is, got their shipment confirmation on Wednesday night, I think? and now counting days how long it is going to take :P , patience is all I need    >_< !!!

patience? what is that? :P Edited by katoftw