JRM members on japanese TV show

cteno4

Remember the Japanese game show looking for international reps for the japanese train quiz show? well that never panned out but the contract producer in the us (nyc area) got a call about another show that wanted to showcase some otaku for japanese model trains outside japan, so they contacted us. they ended up filming one of our members who has a fantastic set of japanese ttrak modules and a big collection at the train show last weekend where we had the jrm layout. they also filmed the layout and interviews the club members and a few other goofy things with us. it will be interesting to see how the piece plays out. sposta be about 5 minutes and not quite sure what kind of show its going on, might be some general interest show. we should hear early next month where and when its playing and eventually get a copy of the program.

aaron was at the show that day but had to take off before the interview unfortunately.

dont know if the sushi train got in there...

quite fun. poor philip had to play the otaku, but he did a great job of it. 

cheers

jeff

• Like 1

dont know if it will get to youtube, but they will be sending us a copy on dvd i think.

ill keep you all posted if its public.

jeff

well it might be edited into anything i guess! the member that was the otaku for them was a bit more nervous about how he will end up being portrayed!

we shall see. sometimes these things never pan out in the edit room or producer meetings and end up on a tape on the shelf...

jeff

They treat Western otaku differently compared to their own otaku for some strange reason but all in a good way so he should be too concerned. It's not like the game show where he has run along the baseball field and not knowing that have the field is a pit of water covered up to look like it's a normal baseball field.

I think this was a contract job for the company's us production team, so they had a job request from Japan. But even then when that happens still may not make the cut for the final program.

It will be interesting to see how they portray him, they really wanted otaku behavior.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
Mudkip Orange
It's not like the game show where he has run along the baseball field and not knowing that have the field is a pit of water covered up to look like it's a normal baseball field.

Right you are, Ken.

aaron was at the show that day but had to take off before the interview unfortunately.

jeff

I didn't "have" to, I made it a point, "not to" 4 years of yearbook in high school as the photo editor to insure I wasn't in there.

• Like 2
I didn't "have" to, I made it a point, "not to" 4 years of yearbook in high school as the photo editor to insure I wasn't in there.

Ahhh a ghost. lol