ModelTrainPlus

nartak

I have no problem paying the customs charges,we all know it s a chance we take but still cheaper than buying here,what really gets me annoyed is the fact that Royal Mail put £14 on top! For what? They post the letter to say you have a parcel with charges to be paid and then you have to go to the local office to pay the charges and collect it,so no matter how you look at it they make one trip to your house,either with the parcel or the letter,so I just do nt get it to be honest.Postage charges have gone stupid over here.

Anyway rant over,and,custom charges or not I'm looking forward to my next two parcels from Nariichi,

Yes I totally agree 100%

As already announced on newsletter, I will be opening a retail shop in Japan.

The location will be at Kawaguchi city, Saitama prefecture.

The nearest station is Nishi-Kawaguchi station on JR Keihin Tohoku line.  It is only a few minutes walk from the station.

I am planning to open in mid-December time and quickly setting up the shop.

I am really sorry for slow response during this period as I am now at new shop spending half of the day for preparation.

Update will be shared later.  Please stay tuned.

• Like 13

Very good to hear! Not much of a surprise, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. I hope to be able to pay you a visit next year, as I won't be able to be there when you open up shop.

happy for you Nariichi San

i will make sure to add to my to-do in Tokyo your shop!!

edited due to a ....error sorry and lol

Edited by Alemino

Yes I wish to visit MTP in their store and run some trains on their rental layout too~ Wouldn't it be fun if it was possible to meet all of our forum friends and run trains together in MTP's shop?  :)

Well that sounds like an expensive (for some) get together.  2016?  :)

Some of us have a 13 hours commute.  Others just come from Yokohama.  :laughing3:

Well that sounds like an expensive (for some) get together.  2016?  :)

Some of us have a 13 hours commute.  Others just come from Yokohama.  :laughing3:

I can do it with good connections door-to-door in about an hour for under 500 yen :P

I can do it with good connections door-to-door in about an hour for under 500 yen :P

¥590 for me with two times changing (Shinjuku and Akabane). Over an hour to commute, but IIRC we have some friends living in Kawaguchi, so that's an excuse to drag the wife and kid along as well :)

Let's see... I will be looking at a 7hr flight, 1 hr transit, and a 1hr ride via NE'X to Tokyo and change to the Keihin-Tohoku Line for 30mins ~  :P 

Package arrived today, thanks Nariichi San, those Tomix HO koki cars are beautiful, I might have to rethink this N scale thing.....lol

Just kidding, with the exception of picking up a few HO koki's and a locomotive to haul them I will stick to N scale for Japanese trains and HO for Canadian trains.

I am a very happy customer and will order from you again in the future, thanks again and good luck with the new shop. :)

• Like 1

Still working preparation but I have fixed to open the shop on Dec. 17.

I have almost completed moving item from my home and basically working at new shop everyday basis.

Here is the detail.

Shop address:

3-16-1-102 Nishikawaguchi,

Kawaguchi-shi,

Saitama-ken,

332-0021

JAPAN

Tel: +81-48-242-5994

(in Japanese)

〒332-0021

埼玉県川口市西川口3-16-1

鈴木マンション102

Tel: 048-242-5994

Please search with Google map.  I thought of pasting the link but mine is in Japanese version...

about 3 minutes walk from West exit of Nishikawaguchi station.

In the beginning, many item may not be available but will try to fix and planning to start building layout for rent as well.

• Like 5

Great news Nariichi! Good luck with the opening, the layout sounds like a very fun idea and great for folks to get a short test run of new purchases (and tempt them into renting the layout!)

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

I hope I'll be there this April to visit you, if not than I come in Autumn. I would love too meet some of the members here. If some of you that come outside of Japan want to meet up, then I can change my schedule. i can go pretty much whenever I want next year, but would like to go out of season, since the flight prices are going down almost 60%.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but can you get Kato spare parts other than those you have listed?

I have a 10-1154 457 Series which has lost one of the aerials on the cab roof (part number is Z04-0280 according to Kato's own site). I know they come as a pack of twenty, but I've no idea whether they're currently available.

I could also do with a set of numberboards for a C57, not sure of the part number for those though.

ModelTrainPlus retail shop is now open.

Not all the item is available but please feel free to ask as many items are still stored on backyard.

Also, all the pre-order for KATO, Tomix and Microace is available now.

post-1765-0-32187700-1450362992_thumb.jpg

post-1765-0-31730900-1450363003_thumb.jpg

• Like 11