nartak

New item listed

TOMIX 92448 - Type 72/73 Tsurumi Line
TOMIX 98944 - Tohoku Shinkansen Series E3-0 NASUNO
KATO 10-1165/66 - KIHA110
KATO 10-1287 - Series 313-1700 Iida Line
KATO 10-1290/1291/1292/1293 - Series E531 Joban/Ueno-Tokyo Line

and many other listed.

Now ModelTrainPlus facebook page is available and posting updates frequently.
https://www.facebook.com/modeltrainplus

Many new item listed.
http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/new-arrival

(HO Gauge)
KATO 1-569/570 - Hokutosei sleeper coach (others will continue to be released for next couple of months)

TOMIX 92564/92656 - E3-2000 Yamagata Shinkansen (new color)
Microace A6891 - Tsukuba Express TX-2000
Greenmax 30502 - E653-1100 Shirayuki
and many other listed

Pre-order available for following

TOMIX 6425/6426 - Track cleaning car
TOMIX 98952/92595/92596 - KIHA261-1000 Super Tokachi
TOMIX 98953 - HOKUTOSEI Last Run Special
Tomytec Toyama Light Rail Tetsudou Musume
and many other listed

Lastly, I will be going to United States to meet with customer.
I will be around Washington DC and Philadelphia area on Oct. 24 and 25.  Please feel free to contact for detail.  I can also hand carry items for you.

• Like 1

Hi Nariichi-san,

Just got the newsletter, is the problem with the UK postage with EMS only (or mainly EMS)? If so, I might know what the problem is.

SAL tends to go through Royal Mail and there has never been a charge requested so far from me when delivered by the normal postman/woman.

EMS tends to go through Parcel Force which apply a £13.50 charge for 'customs handling', they handle all this then they SHOULD send you a bill requesting the import tax & their £13.50. I have only had two items delivered by EMS so far, I received no letter regarding one (and was lucky enough to phone Parcel Force "It appears we have sent no letter, sorry") but the other one arrived as expected containing the code I could pay the charges with.

I think a lot of this information may be known by the UK people on here already but it's worth mentioning just in case.

Regards,

Stephen

• Like 1

Stephen-san,

Thank you for the followup.
As mentinoned in newsletter, I had some cases with customers in U.K. about lost parcel or the parcel returned to my place.  They were actually not lost but held up at U.K. Customs and if it expires 30 day retension period, the parcel will be returned.  All cases were non-EMS shipment, so I assume it may happen on any type of shipment.  And I don't know why U.K. customs or postal service doesn't notify the customer but I would like to ask for customers in U.K. to check with customs or post office before the retension period expires.

New item listed.

TOMIX HO Scale series 581/583 train set
TOMIX HO Scale EF510-500 JRF livery
KATO HO Scale EF510-500 Hokutosei
TOMIX 98006/98007 Hakone Tozan Type 2000 St. Moritz
KATO 4964 - KUMOHA 12-50 Tsurumi line
KATO 3045-1 - EH200
KATO 3034-1 - EF210-100

And many other updated.

Pre-order also updated with KATO/TOMIX/Tomytec item.

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order

ModelTrainPlus Facebook page now have summary from monthly KATO sales meeting for October.

https://www.facebook.com/modeltrainplus

KATO E233 series promotion is in effect.  With purchase of eligible series E233 or Ueno/Tokyo line related train set, special destination decal will be enclosed.

• Like 1

Nariichi San made it to Washington! Picked him up at the airport and we did a quick tour of the monuments down town. Club members will take him to MB Kleins (modeltrainstuff.com) and the B&O museum in Baltimore Friday. Then he will join us at Timonium train show to meet up with other customers coming in from philly (the Richs and myakoji) and hoefully a few new customers (lots of folks ask were to get the trains so will be fun for once to just say "well it just so happens... Talk to him!"

Fun to have him here and get to meet him in person after a few years of only emails!

Cheers,

Jeff

post-24-0-82232800-1445547202_thumb.jpeg

post-24-0-54697100-1445547233_thumb.jpeg

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 11

Yes it's nice to finally meet him face to face~ I met him when I was in Japan too. Very friendly and nice person to talk to ~~ Have fun guys!

• Like 1

wow! I expected him to look like a geek with glasses from his HP work.LoL! Looks more like a wrestler and I mean that in a good way! One day, I am going to visit the USA.

• Like 2

Well got Nariichi San back to the airport monday morning, so orders will start flowing again!

We had a great time with him here. He got to visit one of our bigger train stored here in the area (modeltrainstuff.com aka MB Kleins), see the B & O Museum in Baltimore, spend a day the big quarterly train show in Timonium MD, and got a trip up to Philadelphia on Amtrak and a cheese steak with Miyakoji on sunday.

We had a club dinner on Saturday night with Nariichi and folks had a great time with him there and at the show. It was great to miyakoji, brill27mcb, pomu, and toc36 at the show who came to see Nariichi. It was great when folks walked up and asked how we got our trains to just point at Nariichi and send them over to him!

Cheers

jeff

post-24-0-69961900-1445993812_thumb.jpg

Front row: Nariichi San, Martin (our British member), Elizabeth

Back row: Thomas, Dmitry (our Russian now American member), Jeff (me), Matthew, Phillip (our Australian member), and Ken

A few other members unfortunately could not make it to the dinner.

Edited by cteno4
  • Like 8

Hello all,

I arrived to home safely on Tuesday evening.
It was a memorable experience to meet with customer normally just communicating via e-mail or so.  I would like to appreciate all customers who visited Timonium train show.

Also, I would like to thank Jeff and everyone of JRM members who helped me a lot during my trip and looking forward to see you again in future.

• Like 4

Nariichi San,

It was great meeting you at Timonium.  I placed an order with Model Trains Plus.  You got a great web site and stupendous prices!  I wish I had more to spend.  But I need to pace myself.

Mark Aka toc36

• Like 1

It's so nice!

Thank you for sharing the pictures! It was really nice to finally see so many faces of the forum apart from nicks behind a cpu screen, although names on the photos would be nice ~  :)

• Like 1

Sorry bout that (I added it with the picture)! It is nice to see folks for real or at least a photo! I'm sure we all build mental pictures of members from all the text posts so always fun to see how it matches when you do finally see the real person! It's bee really fun over the years to meet so many of the forum members (probably a couple of dozen) in person both here in DC and in travels. it was so enjoyable to meet Nariichi San in person and spend time talking with him and we were very grateful that he went to all the expense and effort to do the trip!

Jeff

• Like 1

New item listed

KATO 10-1311/1312 - E233 Chuo Line
KATO 10-1284 - Odakyu Type 3100 NSE
TOMIX 92822 - Hikari Railstar
TOMIX 92893 - Tobu SPACIA (Nikko Moude)
TOMIX 6425/6426 - Track cleaning car
Microace A6280 - Kintetsu Series 18400
Microace A8293 - Kintetsu Series 20100 "AOZORA"
Greenmax 4051/4052 and 4053/4054 - Meitetsu Series 2000 "MU-SKY"

KATO's UP FEF-3 and Excursion train sets are restocked.

And many other item listed.

ModelTrainPlus is participating KATO promotion for E233 special destination decal.  With a purchase of eligible train set, limited destination decal will be given.

Just placed my first Japanese train order in several months and my first order from you, a small mix of some HO and N scale stuff. I was going to buy all 4 of your JR HO Tomix Koki 50000 but the weight was high enough that EMS was my only shipping option. Dropped one HO car from the order and had 4 shipping options.  This will be my first purchase of HO scale Japanese equipment. I don't currently have room for a layout in either gauge but at least I can run the HO stuff at the local train club. I think I will build up a small fleet of 10 various Koki and a locomotive before I run the J train at the club. ;)

ja ne

• Like 1

I started my layout earlier this year after spending the last two years planning it,the problem being lack of space but finally in May I had a man cave built just for it.I buy almost all my stuff from Nariichi,nothing is too much trouble,a true gent!

With regards to postage to uk and customs charges,I ve used all the different options including economy from plazzajapan(before I discovered modeltrainplus I bought some tomix wide tram track from plazzajapan 2 years ago)I have unfortunately had to pay charges on all options.My first four orders were no problem,the next five I had to pay,when I asked at Royal Mail I was told it is just pot luck,they just pick so many out at random.Even so it still works out a lot cheaper,but more to the point it s the fact that a lot of the stuff,in particular tomix,is just not available in the uk.

• Like 2

I started my layout earlier this year after spending the last two years planning it,the problem being lack of space but finally in May I had a man cave built just for it.I buy almost all my stuff from Nariichi,nothing is too much trouble,a true gent!

With regards to postage to uk and customs charges,I ve used all the different options including economy from plazzajapan(before I discovered modeltrainplus I bought some tomix wide tram track from plazzajapan 2 years ago)I have unfortunately had to pay charges on all options.My first four orders were no problem,the next five I had to pay,when I asked at Royal Mail I was told it is just pot luck,they just pick so many out at random.Even so it still works out a lot cheaper,but more to the point it s the fact that a lot of the stuff,in particular tomix,is just not available in the uk.

Hi Paul, I have also suffered a lot of customs tax and handling charges having items sent here to the UK from Japan. But like you said most of these items are not available to buy here. Yes Modeltrainplus is great!! Nariichi is a great guy.

Edited by dabsan
  • Like 1

I have no problem paying the customs charges,we all know it s a chance we take but still cheaper than buying here,what really gets me annoyed is the fact that Royal Mail put £14 on top! For what? They post the letter to say you have a parcel with charges to be paid and then you have to go to the local office to pay the charges and collect it,so no matter how you look at it they make one trip to your house,either with the parcel or the letter,so I just do nt get it to be honest.Postage charges have gone stupid over here.

Anyway rant over,and,custom charges or not I'm looking forward to my next two parcels from Nariichi,

• Like 1

If you bought from Canada's eBay would you be hit by Royal Mail ? If so this sounds like they just want you to buy from Hornsby and then pay the royal tax. So your best bet would be to buy a 3D printer and/or epoxy and make your own trains. And totally avoid British Air Shipping along with Virgin Atlantic. Though, how much does it cost to ride the tube to another country and have a mailbox at the post office. After all how much does it cost to ship in via KLM freight and go all the way to Amsterdam, in loo of getting screwed by the tax people. Imagine if you befriended a lady who sits in a window all day long waiting for the mail. You might buy one of those big Aishima DD51 to put in her window and all the Japanese that are out doing the tourist thing. Would see that locomotive and might want to step inside for a closer look. After all, look at the fine detail it has.

Edited by Kb4iuj

Waiter! I'll have two ounces of whatever this gentleman is smoking!

At least in Japan the post office is happy to collect any customs fees at the door, though they do charge 250 yen for it.

• Like 3