ModelTrainPlus

nartak

Posted new article on blog as I attended new product showcase event by Tomytec.

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/blogs/news

Keep adding new items

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/new-arrival

Now ModelTrainPlus will expand coverage to HO scale and we will starting taking pre-order from new TOMIX HO scale products.

Also taking pre-order for Z scale (Rokuhan DE10 in 4 variations).  Please feel free to contact for detail.

Lastly, I have some free admission ticket (worth 700 Yen) for oncoming Model Railroad Show 2014 at Ginza Matsuya (Jul. 30 - Aug. 4).  Please let me know if you can go to the event and want the ticket.

• Like 3

Those new Kiha-120, especially the one with the wrapping, looks really nice! Fact to mention also as listed on HS, it seems they come with pre-installed interior lights, which is always more than welcomed for me~ Factory-installed interior lights products are getting lesser and lesser...

[Commercialization Features]
- Mini Curve Rail-Super Mini curve rail travel possible
- Head-tail lights, ON / OFF switch with
- Reproduce the figure windows of two places are filled by the toilet installation
- TN coupler (SP) has been put
- Side one-man display printed
- Interior light has been put on
- Front destination display and printed one-man
- Pre-installed radio antenna
- Ventilator by parts pre-installed
- Car number printed
- No. 341 Oito reproduce the figure that has been wrapped.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10284039

How does this buy 3 Shinkansen sets, get those 2 end cars free promo work? I see the wording 'basic' being used. ie you need to buy the 3 car sets offered by Tomix?

Do those end cars work with a certain other tomix set?

Edited by katoftw

How does this buy 3 Shinkansen sets, get those 2 end cars free promo work? I see the wording 'basic' being used. ie you need to buy the 3 car sets offered by Tomix?

I think it was something like, buy 3 sets of basic Tomix shinkansens - either the 0 series, 300 series, or N700 (small a) series, but not necessary 3 car sets as the 300 series comes in  6-car basic and so does the 0. And then you can apply to get the special limited edition zero with lighted nose.

I think Nartak san from MTP or David san from loco1 should be able to advise you further.

Posted new article on blog as I attended new product showcase event by Tomytec.

Keep adding new items

Now ModelTrainPlus will expand coverage to HO scale and we will starting taking pre-order from new TOMIX HO scale products.

Also taking pre-order for Z scale (Rokuhan DE10 in 4 variations).  Please feel free to contact for detail.

Lastly, I have some free admission ticket (worth 700 Yen) for oncoming Model Railroad Show 2014 at Ginza Matsuya (Jul. 30 - Aug. 4).  Please let me know if you can go to the event and want the ticket.

Great update.  Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.   :)

Here is the applicable combination.

1. TOMIX 92869 + (either 2 from 98929, 92872 or 92873)

2. TOMIX 92537 + (either 2 from 98929, 92872 or 92873)

3. TOMIX 92869 + 92537 + (either 1 from 98929, 92872 or 92873)

New items listed

Microace A3583/A3584 - Eidan 8000 Tozai line version

Many B Train Shorties

ARU Nine A1044 - Class B steam locomotive

Pre-order open for following

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order

Microace A8882/A8888 - Sanyo series 3050s

Greenmax 4709/4710 - Plasser & Theurer multiple tie-tampers

Also updated blog post on Kato sales meeting

• Like 3
Krackel Hopper

Excited to see the Greenmax Plasser & Theurer pre-orders! Already pre-ordered one of each.

Hopefully that other Greenmax MOW Machine goes up for pre-order soon. I assume it's also Plasser & Theurer but can't seem to find the specific model. Either way, I'll be ordering as soon as you post!

Photo from your blog of the other MOW equipment I'm talking about in case others missed this.

post-180-0-95208000-1406177694_thumb.jpg

Are those Kato Storage Boxes currently available? I may need to get an EF65 box.

Also updated blog post on Kato sales meeting

Interesting! Thank you again for the news! No lunch this time from Kato? I do see the green tea bottles on the table they've provided.

Note on the E233-6000, it has now become almost a month later than Tomix release. But there is an interesting fact that the Kato has the side logo, the logo of the destination, printed on instead of Tomix's sticker. In a way cool, but reduces the 'customization' like Tomix's which you can choose which to put on. Also, the Kato has included only 2 destination head boards for changing, unlike Tomix who has already ALOT. Lastly, the Tomix E233-6000 is also readily available now on MTP so might as well get it sooner?  :)

Yes agreed the boxes are interesting, and it can be used as a field chair! Cool~

Thanks for the detailed info again.

I quite like Kato boxes. Can you tell me approximately what are the sizes of these?

Dear IST-san,

Here is the dimension (W x D x H in centimeter): 48 x 31 x 31

I think this is outside dimension.

Now it is scheduled ship on sometime in August.

Attached is the information I got from KATO so far.... sorry in Japanese but you can see how many book case can be stored.

post-1765-0-20147300-1406193038_thumb.jpg

I hadn't ordered from them previously, so thought I'd try.  Initially I got a message to the extent that I had ordered a sufficient number of things that they couldn't give me a shipping cost, and I should contact them to discuss options.  Since it seemed that I would have already ordered and paid by then, I didn't think I'd have many options.

I reduced my order size to get a shipping quote, but then got a message that there was some sort of PayPal problem.  I know my account is OK, so I had no idea what the issue was.  I tried twice with no luck.

I sent an email asking about it, but have not heard back.  Does this guy just not communicate?

Very strange business model.

I've found his emails to be clear and prompt. Maybe he just didn't see it yet.

Edited by miyakoji

Same here never an issue with nariichi-san, always prompt and helpful. He has been excellent at finding great stuff and bringing odder stuff like the aru9 line to easy access for the export market.

Not sure what mucked up the shipping, it was probably something larger that has some shipping restrictions that may need to be looked at by a human rather than the system guessing wrong and having to change it later. The PayPal snafu could have been a random handoff error or something with the checkout system or with PayPal. Those happen when you integrate PayPal with a shopping cart system. Much of the time it is out of the merchant's control.

Give nariichi a chance, I think you will find he is just like Dave with loco1hobby working to give excellent service, selection and pricing. Both are small one man operations so you can't expect them to get back to you in 5 minutes and there is the upside down time as well. They also cannot afford processing systems like amazon to be flawless every time on checkout.

I'm sorry you had trouble, but it is not the norm at all with MTP.

What were you trying to order when it went wonky on the shipping?

Jeff

I sent an email asking about it, but have not heard back.  Does this guy just not communicate?

Very strange business model.

The time you posted this would be 2 AM in Tokyo.  Most small businesses do not respond in the middle of the night.  You need to become more educated in dealing with Japanese suppliers before slandering them online.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/japan/tokyo

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
Krackel Hopper

Adding another positive for ModelTrainPlus.

Nariichi-san has always been very quick to respond. He's always been very helpful and accommodating with combining shipping and order adjustments.

Whatever you ordered that required oversized shipping will take at least a day or two to resolve..

I use Paypal for all my MTP orders and have had no issues with invoices.

I can vow for Nariichi san from MTP too, as much as I can vow for David san from Loco1. Both are fantastic retailers with personalised services, and top notch prices to match.

It is with these aspects that I always order from them. PJ has automated shipping options and paypal options, but usually because of this the shipping comes way high. I ordered from them before for a large order and it has calculated automatically as US$90, for 5 SAL parcels. It would have been much cheaper to use an EMS instead, and also faster. If automated immediate response without consideration to shipping cost is your cup of tea perhaps you can try PJ.

Give them some time to get back to you. Like Jeff has mentioned, both are one man operations, and they have their day jobs to add on to that, together with family commitments to adhere to. Getting a response within 3 working days should be acceptable by most standards I presume. If they don't, then perhaps another reminder email will be nice as the mail might have been bounced, or left out.

If automated immediate response without consideration to shipping cost is your cup of tea perhaps you can try PJ.

I message them and ask for conbined shipping. Normally reduces the shipping amount by 80%.

If you click their shipping options you'll see their add on shippnig costs of each item. Tomix kokis for example are 6.80USD for shipping. Add one and it's only $1.20USD shipping.

So pick the largest first shipping cost, then the add on cost for all other items. For example, it's $0.50USD to add a KATO points switch, or S64 pack etc.

A single koki from HS or MTP would be $4.00USD comapared to PJs $6.80USD.

I don't really have a problem with PJs shipping. While it isn't the greatest cost wise. You just gotta buy a few items to pull the average cost shipping per item down.

If you orders a 3-4 kokis, you'd be talking about $3-$4USD/400JPY diffence in shipping costs compared to a HS or MTP shipping amount.

Sorry, not really on topic.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

I message them and ask for conbined shipping. Normally reduces the shipping amount by 80%.

If you click their shipping options you'll see their add on shippnig costs of each item. Tomix kokis for example are 6.80USD for shipping. Add one and it's only $1.20USD shipping.

So pick the largest first shipping cost, then the add on cost for all other items. For example, it's $0.50USD to add a KATO points switch, or S64 pack etc.

A single koki from HS or MTP would be $4.00USD.

I don't really have a problem with PJs shipping. While it isn't the greatest cost wise. You just gotta buy a few items to pull the average cost shipping per item down.

If you orders a 3-4 kokis, you'd be talking about $3-$4USD/400JPY diffence in shipping costs.

Sorry, not really on topic.

Thanks Kato san! I didn't know about that till now. Anyhow the order was done quite a long time ago, like 2 years. I wasn't given this option either when I ordered even after I message them and had to pay that much for shipping. It probably scared me off since then and I didn't order from them since.