ModelTrainPlus

nartak

Check for new arrival

http://www.modeltrai...ons/new-arrival

1. Kotoden "Kotochan Hiyaku Go" from Tetsudou Hobidas (manufactured by Greenmax)

2. Tomytec Ichibata Railway "Shimanekko"

3. Tomytec SANTRAM and SakaiTram

4. Some more unique container from Popondetta

5. Kato 24-082 - Cherry blossom tree

6. Kato 3061-1 - EF65-1000 (late model)

And many other item listed.

New items listed.

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/new-arrival

Kato 3045 - EH200
Kato 3037-1 - EH500
Kato 10-1228 - Kashima Rinkai Type 6000
Kato 10-550 - KIHA82 (6 car set)
Kato 10-298 - Series 683-2000 Shirasagi
Kato 10-927 - Tokyo Metro Series 01 Ginza Line Anniversary Painting version

I will later start to list structures by Jio World.  ModelTrainPlus is now Jio World's authorized reseller.  Jio World structures will be available with same price as shown at Jio World's website.

Minelayer

Got my Tomix E7 set via registered SAL today. Took a little over 2 weeks to CA but what's important is I got it safe and sound.

Thank you nartak.

• Like 1

New item listed.

1. Various autorack by Kawai (some includes N scale cars)
2. Kato 3042-9 EF64-77 type electric locomotive
3. Tomix 92462 E233-3000 3 car basic set
4. Kato 10-801 E233 Chuo Line 3 car basic set
5. Tomix 92958 - Limited Express Sleeper "Naha/Akatsuki"
and other

Will try to upload one more article on blog regarding Shizuoka Hobby Show.

The Next Station Is...

Just ordered some bits from ModelTrainPlus to get my Tomytec Hakone Tozan train motorised and running. Looking forward to my first purchase - ModelTrainPlus was the first place that had both items I needed!

New items listed.

KATO 10-1123 & 4935-1
E655 Nagomi and Imperial coach still available.

KATO 2023 - C57 (4th model)
KATO 10-1134/1135 - Eidan Type 500/300 Marunouchi Line
KATO 10-1121 - Series 321 JR Kyoto/Kobe Line

TOMIX 92821 - N700-7000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen
TOMIX 98925 - N700-8000 Sanyo/Kyushu Shinkansen (Kumamon & Kurochan)

B Train Shorty
E231 Yamanote Line (Rilakkuma)
209-500 Musashino Line

Hello, Nariichi-san -

I just found your webstore today and ordered the Modemo NT124 tram you had in stock.  Your webstore is very nicely done, and your prices are very reasonable.

I was surprised to see PayPal calculated the payment in Yen throughout the checkout rather than showing me the final price in USD.  This is somewhat unusual, and I wanted to bring it to your attention.

• Like 1

I was surprised to see PayPal calculated the payment in Yen throughout the checkout rather than showing me the final price in USD.  This is somewhat unusual, and I wanted to bring it to your attention.

That's because you are paying in yen. If you have some on your paypal account or have a yen based bank card, then you can pay without exchange fees. Also when someone is paying in other currencies, then they don't have to pay double exchange rates. (for example euro - usd - yen) The total in your currency should be visible somewhere, usually with smaller letters.

• Like 1

The total in your currency should be visible somewhere, usually with smaller letters.

I think it depends on your settings: you can choose who does convert to the right currency: PayPal or your bank. If you choosed your bank, Paypal won't give you info about the amount in your currency.

• Like 1

That's because you are paying in yen. If you have some on your paypal account or have a yen based bank card, then you can pay without exchange fees. Also when someone is paying in other currencies, then they don't have to pay double exchange rates. (for example euro - usd - yen) The total in your currency should be visible somewhere, usually with smaller letters.

Usually I order items from the UK; the PayPal transaction screens usually change things to USD during the purchase.  I do see the conversion when I log into my PayPal account; it's just that the checkout process is different than I'm used to.  No matter, it all worked well - and I got the tram for a very good price!

• Like 1

Dear Ken-san, kvp-san, IST-san,

Thanks for the feedback and clarification.
My shop is using JPY as transaction currency, so you will see prices in JPY format only.

Also using PayPal Express Checkout system, so this may be giving you different interface (includes currency) from other PayPal payment system (they have several variants).  I hope you can check actual amount in your currency at paypal account.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Dear Ken-san, kvp-san, IST-san,

Thanks for the feedback and clarification.

My shop is using JPY as transaction currency, so you will see prices in JPY format only.

Also using PayPal Express Checkout system, so this may be giving you different interface (includes currency) from other PayPal payment system (they have several variants).  I hope you can check actual amount in your currency at paypal account.  Thank you.

Nariichi-san - everything looked fine in my PayPal account, it was just a checkout and payment screen difference. Thank you!

• Like 1

The PayPal interface does squirm around some in different situations like this. It can be annoying as i can get some odd events on paypal checkouts from clients' clients' transaction from time to time.

Most Japanese shops send out their request in yen then you decide if you will have Paypal do the exchange rate or you have your credit card do it. This makes things straightforward for them as their business is all in yen and gets them out of invoices potentially changing with currency fluctuations and having to keep detailed accounting for that.

Paypal's exchange rate seems to bury about a 2% or so exchange fee (I've compared the exchange rate from the published one for a day against cc and Paypal exchanges and its pretty consistent so I assume there by design with PayPal) if you pay them in other than yen from PayPal funds or bank transfer. This is similar to the 1-3% exchange fee that is given by most credit cards (built into the exchange rate) and direct bank wire transfers. This fee for credit cards comes from Visa, MasterCard, and Amex that they charge the bank that issued the credit card to deal with the currency exchange stuff. Some credit cards/banks don't pass this fee along as a card benefit (I know Capital One does not) others only charge part of and some all of it. Check with your credit cards to see. Using the Cap one card saves me a little on every purchase this way.

The vendor sees the same money no matter if you use PayPal funds, bank transfer, or credit card.

Cheers

Jeff

For me, it is currently cheaper to pay with my CC, that including all fees. Paypal exchange rate is always higher. 

Sounds like your credit card is not passing along the international transaction fee from the card company.

Jeff

The PayPal interface does squirm around some in different situations like this. It can be annoying as i can get some odd events on paypal checkouts from clients' clients' transaction from time to time.

Most Japanese shops send out their request in yen then you decide if you will have Paypal do the exchange rate or you have your credit card do it. This makes things straightforward for them as their business is all in yen and gets them out of invoices potentially changing with currency fluctuations and having to keep detailed accounting for that.

Paypal's exchange rate seems to bury about a 2% or so exchange fee (I've compared the exchange rate from the published one for a day against cc and Paypal exchanges and its pretty consistent so I assume there by design with PayPal) if you pay them in other than yen from PayPal funds or bank transfer. This is similar to the 1-3% exchange fee that is given by most credit cards (built into the exchange rate) and direct bank wire transfers. This fee for credit cards comes from Visa, MasterCard, and Amex that they charge the bank that issued the credit card to deal with the currency exchange stuff. Some credit cards/banks don't pass this fee along as a card benefit (I know Capital One does not) others only charge part of and some all of it. Check with your credit cards to see. Using the Cap one card saves me a little on every purchase this way.

The vendor sees the same money no matter if you use PayPal funds, bank transfer, or credit card.

Cheers

Jeff

2.4% is the extact amount.  add 1% if a currency converstion take place also.  see there fees section.  well for Australian paypal though.

Edited by katoftw

A HUGE box just dropped off today via EMS from MTP. Thank you for the prompt and wonderful service! More details of 'Pandora's box' in the 'what did you order...' thread ~~  (once I opened the Pandora's box)... 

Darklighter

2.4% is the extact amount.  add 1% if a currency converstion take place also.  see there fees section.  well for Australian paypal though.

In Germany PayPal charges 4% for the conversion from yen to euro. The issuer of my main credit card charges 0% for the conversion...

Edited by Darklighter

In Germany PayPal charges 4% for the conversion from yen to euro. The issuer of my main credit card charges 0% for the conversion...

4% total?  or add 4% on top of regular paypal fee?

Darklighter

4% total. There are no other charges for buyers here (no matter if PayPal charges your bank account or credit card).