ModelTrainPlus

nartak

Thank you JR500-san for sharing to everyone.

I already moved some item to bargain bin.

Check the listing and keep looking as I will be adding more time by time.

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/super-sale

At least 30% off for basic set or locomotives with motor unit.

More than 35% off or add-on set or other item.

For HO gauge, it will be 20 to 30% off.

Also other building/structure will be offered special prices.

As I am changing price on MTP Amazon store, so you may not be able to get desired item if sold at Amazon, sorry.

KATO provided me new product information in English as attached.  Hope it helps to understand their product in detail.

Pre-order already open for those item.

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order

Be sure to pre-order KATO 10-1447 Type E001 "TRAINSUITE SHIKI-SHIMA".  Even at pre-order phase, many retailers already sold out and KATO already have no extra unit.

NewModelInformation2017.9-001.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.9-002.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.9-003.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.9-004.jpg

NewModelInformation2017.9-005.jpg

• Like 12

Nariichi San, 

has kato been puting out English sheets like this on Japanese trains? I don't remember seeing this extensive of English on Japanese trains. Thanks!

jeff

Thanks Nariichi san for sharing these!

It seems Kato has also engaged English proficient writers for the description... The English is good even with big words like 'donning' and 'apparatus' and it's a great new change from reading machine translated text! Kudos to Kato!    

5 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Thanks Nariichi san for sharing these!

It seems Kato has also engaged English proficient writers for the description... The English is good even with big words like 'donning' and 'apparatus' and it's a great new change from reading machine translated text! Kudos to Kato!    

13 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Nariichi San, 

has kato been puting out English sheets like this on Japanese trains? I don't remember seeing this extensive of English on Japanese trains. Thanks!

jeff

Jeff and JR500-san,

It was also first time to see this kind of material for me.  I just talked with KATO rep yesterday during the monthly meeting and told me they make this brochure for oversea sales, which is for reseller/distributor outside of Japan.

So I asked them to give me a copy so that I can distribute to BtoC channel as it is very "MOTTAINAI" even they make this and only sharing to closed channel.

As it is translated by KATO employee, not outside professional, there may be incorrect information or typo but hope you can get some idea.

That is good of them.  I've noticed Tomix half attempt in on their website also.

While on the subject of Kato and flyers.  I was in Popondetta Hakata today and the had flyers solely for Popondetta Hakata Store with what Kato models where available and where in Kyushu said models real life 1:1 runs.  I'll take a pic sometime asap.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

While on the subject of Kato and flyers.  I was in Popondetta Hakata today and the had flyers solely for Popondetta Hakata Store with what Kato models where available and where in Kyushu said models real life 1:1 runs.  I'll take a pic sometime asap.

I went in there a couple of times when I was in Hakata, given the Pokemon store was nearby it was easy to have the kids "occupied" whilst I was in there, I will say they were pretty well stocked when it came to Kyushu trains.

It's kind of Kato for them to make English translations, but I'm kind of itching to offer my services to translate it into more proper English (with more appropriate jargon) and correct placements of the text (DD51 cement train has the E233 Chūō line description for example)...

• Like 2

The effort is nice! Mr kato was surprised when he learned of jrm years ago and interested that there was a fair Japanese model train following around the world past modelers just picking up a cool Japanese train or two. So much of his efforts here are on the kato USA stuff usually.

jeff

22 hours ago, katoftw said:

Went into the shop and introduced myself today.  What a big smile from Nariichi-san.

I think my kids were eager to jump the counter and play on the layouts.

Thank you for the visit.

My pleasure to meet with you face to face.  Have a nice trip.

Pre-order for newly announced KATO is up now.

I will share English brochure once I got as usual.

With regarding KATO 10-1476/1477 Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T, I have not listed online for pre-order yet.

The reason is that KATO requesting retailers to sell this product only for Japan domestic market due to licensing contract term.

(Of course I know this kind of thing/operation doesn't work nowdays but need to respect their preference as well even I am also a bit frustrated....)

I will be visiting KATO for monthly meeting on next week and update to be shared later.  Thank you for understanding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
That is a weird licensing agreement.  It seems like they are constricting their possible sales by doing so.

Sounds almost like licenses of music and dvd’s and such.

Welcome to the wonderful, weird world of licensing! It rarely makes sense, but they have their reasons and many times impossible to change minds. Just have to deal with it... liscense owners have all sorts of ideas of how and what they want to do with their property and odd fears and assumptions that may not have a firm basis in reality.

use to give me headaches and glad I don't do that anymore as part of my work.

jeff

4 hours ago, katoftw said:

That is a weird licensing agreement.  It seems like they are constricting their possible sales by doing so.

This 700T will be sold in Taiwan as well, I assume by Taiwan High Speed Rail by themselves.  So they don't want to have parallel imported item sold in Taiwan with lower price or something...

Also, each package will be having specific serial number... not so sure about this as this is not a limited item...

On 11/8/2017 at 7:09 PM, nartak said:

Pre-order for newly announced KATO is up now.

I will share English brochure once I got as usual.

With regarding KATO 10-1476/1477 Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T, I have not listed online for pre-order yet.

The reason is that KATO requesting retailers to sell this product only for Japan domestic market due to licensing contract term.

(Of course I know this kind of thing/operation doesn't work nowdays but need to respect their preference as well even I am also a bit frustrated....)

I will be visiting KATO for monthly meeting on next week and update to be shared later.  Thank you for understanding.

Its now available for pre-order.  From the Model Train Plus Facebook page:

"Things are cleared now.
Taiwan High Speed Rail 700T is now up for pre-order. Thank you for patience. Please go ahead and place pre-order. As production quantity is limited, I strongly recommend to place pre-order even it is still long time ahead."

https://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order/products/pre-order-kato-10-1476-taiwan-high-speed-rail-700t

8 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

*Now* the ToRa90000s go on sale, after I bought some... XD

Some is never enough ~  :grin 

Now's the time for somemore! *pun intended*  :grin

Just now, JR 500系 said:

Some is never enough ~  :grin 

Now's the time for somemore! *pun intended*  :grin

On the Aizu Line, you're not wrong...

I will be an exhibitor at Osaka Umeda "Model Railroad Bazar".

The venue is  "ACT III HALL" where a walking distance from Osaka/Umeda station.

You are welcome to visit the event.

http://tetsumoba.blog.jp/archives/5312364.html

Sorry, the page is written in Japanese.

Jan. 13 - 10:00-17:00

Jan. 14 - 10:00-16:00

Sorry no display of layout or fun exhibit for kids...

• Like 1