ModelTrainPlus

nartak

Nice purchases there Keio6000!

Indeed I can vouch for Nariichi san, he was a really nice gentleman driving 1 hour to meet me at my hotel when I was in Tokyo. Really nice of him! Often going the extra mile like doing some personal shopping and repair services for me and I appreciate that~

Guest keio6000

don't get too excited about the mouse.  buffalo isnt exactly known for the highest quality products and this is probably one of their middling models in the e7 scheme.   it feels cheap and light and wouldn't be worth Y1000 if it wasnt for the colors.   i'll use it in my 'train room' pc but i'd never use it for serious work.   it's also small - perhaps for statistically smaller japanese hands.   still, if you want one, the place i found it was at the aforementioned bookstore. they have a few left.  notably, i did not find this anywhere else, including in yodobashi akiba's voluminous mouse section.

Keio,

Gald to hear you got to meet up with Nariichi San! Really hope to do the same when i eventually get back over to Japan!

so nice to meet virtual train friends in the flesh. Been wonderful over the years to meet up with a few of the JNS folks here in dc or while traveling!

cheers

jeff

Haha, I gotta get that mouse for my Mac since I only use it for non serious work. I've never heard of Nariichi-san, seems like a cool person!

And no fair that Japan has a bookstore that's 8 stories high :-( Miami, Florida is such a dumb city; we'll have an 8 story high empty apartment building before anything useful.

Guest keio6000

Haha, I gotta get that mouse for my Mac since I only use it for non serious work. I've never heard of Nariichi-san, seems like a cool person!

And no fair that Japan has a bookstore that's 8 stories high :-( Miami, Florida is such a dumb city; we'll have an 8 story high empty apartment building before anything useful.

i may be wrong, but i believe that japanese law prohibits discounting on books (or at least heavy discounting).  this has kept the bookshop system vibrant and profitable.   this is more of a win for consumers than than what there is in the USA, where the only remaining bookstore of note, b&n, carries almost no books these days.

anyway, if you think this humble shosen is something, wait until you hear about the daikanyama tsutaya:

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/shop/tokyos-stunning-palace-printed-word-334326

• Like 1

The thing is not that Tokyo has an 8 story book store but that half of one of those floors is all railway books.  The largest books stores in Australia might have three or four railway books in total if you can find them.

Nariichi San runs model trains plus which is one of our main sources for export from japan for model trains? Excellent dealer and yes a very cool dude.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/7995-modeltrainplus/

Sorry I guess you must not care much about the serious work if you don't use your Mac on it... ;-P

Jeff

• Like 1

Nariichi-san has been the most helpful and courteous person I have ever dealt with, planning on going to Tokyo next year and would love to meet up to say thank you personally!

• Like 1

Whoppit,

Could not agree with you more. My entire layout so far has been supplied by him with amazing efficiency in delivery. Every item received out here in Oz has been carefully wrapped before packing. Not sure how he does it with a full time job but I sure will strongly recommend him.

• Like 3
Takahama Trainwatcher

Indeed, we had cyclone-like conditions in Sydney a few weeks ago, and my order from Nariichi-san arrived at my doorstep during the worst of it. When I got home the parcel was soaked, but I wasn't too worried knowing how well he wraps things. No problems at all... everything inside was securely wrapped and dry.

Das Steinkopf

Hello Narichii

Thank you very much for the super fast delivery of the orders I recently placed with you, the Tomix EF210 and DE10 run beautifully, I was really surprised how quick the mail is from Japan to Australia. On another note any idea when Tomix will be doing another run of their Koki100-101, Koki102-103, Koki104 and Koki105 container wagons.

Regards

David

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

I've just received the latest newsletter from Nariichi stating that he giving up his primary work to concentrate on running ModelTrainPlus as a full time venture.

I would like to wish him every success in his endeavours and I will support him whenever possible.

Dave

• Like 4

Hi,I started using modeltrain plus a couple of months ago,Nariichi is a gentleman,nothing is too much trouble and he Knows his stuff.He s had to order a few things in for me,they ve arrived to him in days and delivery to me takes four days,I can t get stuff that quick from England! And as I m just starting out in this hobby I ll be using him all the time.

Paul

Hello Mr Narichi,

Could you please ask Kato why the Eurostar model is not prototypically correct when you next attend their meeting?

Hello Mr Narichi,

Could you please ask Kato why the Eurostar model is not prototypically correct when you next attend their meeting?

Ochanomizu-san,

Please specify which part is not correct. 

This time, Eurostar is re-run of the previous product, so there will be no change (well, the changed price...).  So they will not change anything this time but let them inform about your request.

The question is if the set is re run, why didn't they issue a correct B extension set (with the right cars) so it would be possible to build a prototypically correct set without buying an additional base set and having a bunch of left over cars. There is no need for new forms or anything, just a different mix of cars in a B set and a new label sheet for the box. The current arrangement is like having a grand hikari with an odd number of bilevel cars. It looks ok, but it isn't.

Please specify which part is not correct. 

The full consist indicated by Kato (with 3 extension sets) is wrong, as there are 3 buffet cars instead of 2 (one replaces an R7) and 2 R2 cars are replaced by R3-s. This means it's impossible to form a correct consist without buying another base set (for the two R2-s) and another extension set (for the R7) and then having a bunch of leftover cars (mostly surplus R3-s and buffets and two unpowered locomotives). This nearly doubles the price.

Original: M1+R1+R2+R3+R2+R3+R6+R7+R7+R9 - R9+R7+R7+R6+R3+R2+R3+R2+R1+M1
Kato:      M1+R1+R2+R3+R3+R3+R6+R6+R7+R9 - R9+R7+R7+R6+R3+R3+R3+R2+R1+M1 (3 errors: R2->R3 x 2 and R7->R6)

ps: Also, with the current arragement, you could only build a 14 car north of london short set by buying 2 base sets, 4 extension sets (30 cars in total) and then throwing away half of the cars.

The following arrangement would have been fine:

8 car base set: M1+R1+R6+R9+R9+R6+R1+M1

6 car extension set: R2+R3+R7+R7+R3+R2

Where base + extension would give you the short sets and base + extension x 2 would give you the long sets. All this without retooling, just with a bit of rearrangement. The base set is also viable (although not prototypical) as it has 2 cars of each class.

• Like 2
Guest keio6000

in all seriousness though, if you have some eurostar add-on sets right now, you might as well list them on ebay.   there are plenty of people who dont know about the re-issue, so it's free money if your add-ons sell and no loss if they don't.  if they do sell, you can just buy the new release add ons when they come out.

Edited by keio6000

Another happy ModelTrainPlus user here. I made a special request order via e-mail for Micro Ace's Tokyo Metro 03 series (A5072), now out of production for some years and difficult to find, and he was able to source it from elsewhere in Japan and send it over quite quickly. Wholeheartedly recommended.

Edited by korat
  • Like 1
Guest keio6000

Another happy ModelTrainPlus user here. I made a special request order via e-mail for Micro Ace's Tokyo Metro 03 series (A5072), now out of production for some years and difficult to find, and he was able to source it from elsewhere in Japan and send it over quite quickly. Wholeheartedly recommended.

wow nice one!  i am sure Nariichi-san charged you a fair price, but can you tell me what it was? that one is all over the place on the secondary market.  nice to find another subway collector, even if i figure there's a good chance that you got that one because of some roppongi connection :)