ModelTrainPlus

nartak

MTP is my .JP pusher of choice - Nariichi-san has really gone out of his way to take care of me, truly exceptional service and a heck of a nice guy too.

Edited by Ken Ford

The time you posted this would be 2 AM in Tokyo.  Most small businesses do not respond in the middle of the night.  You need to become more educated in dealing with Japanese suppliers before slandering them online.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/japan/Tokyo

2 AM Tokyo is the time when I decided to ask on the forum, NOT the time that I expected a response from him.

You need to become more intelligent about not making stupid assumptions.

I was not in the least slandering him;  merely stating my experience and asking if it was normal - apparently not.

An update:

The wide-spread support for MTP is quite encouraging.

Nariichi and I are in communication, and I've placed my first order with him.

I will admit to not having looked at his shipping policies, and that would have explained my initial misunderstanding.

One more to the fan club.

I've dealt with both MTP and loco1 and have no problems with them. Reliable, always keen to help and get what i need.

An update:

The wide-spread support for MTP is quite encouraging.

Both Nariichi (MTP) and David (loco1hobby) are forum members, and they are always there to help with requests. 

I dare to say they both deserve their wide-spread support. They have earned it :)

And i am happy your problem is solved. 

Edited by NJHA
  • Like 1

Velotran,

Glad it was worked out. I think if you can have a day or two patience with Nariichi (and Dave) in communications you will be rewarded with great personal service. It's not the big totally automated amazon process folks are so use to these days, more of a personal business between the vendor and the customer, but that can't always come with lightening speed (although both have been really snappy in my communications with them). Old school and a bit slower paced -- I actually find it very refreshing as well as useful! Many times they also have to check with their distributors and this can take time as well, but again usually with great rewards.

Jeff

• Like 1

New items listed
http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/new-arrival

Tomytec Wakayama Electric Railway "TAMA" / "Ichigo" Trains
KATO Series 0-2000 Shinkansen limited package
KATO Series 100 Shinkansen
TOMIX newly released Series 0 Shinkansen
JNR logo products
and more

Super Sale
http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/super-sale
Added more item for clearance price.
30-50% off until Aug. 31.

Kato Orient Express set is available again.  This release is error fixed version.  Even sold out, I still have available inventory at supplier warehouse.

I've received all the items Nariichi purchased for me though Yahoo Japan, including a beautiful Microace 185 series train in classic JNR limited express colors. Thanks!

post-1969-0-65181500-1407762846_thumb.jpg

Edited by kvp
  • Like 3

Nice.  I'm finding myself buying more and more stuff from MTP.  Might have to do a little searching for some well out of print Kato Kyushu trains I've been wanting for a year or more.

Nice.  I'm finding myself buying more and more stuff from MTP.  Might have to do a little searching for some well out of print Kato Kyushu trains I've been wanting for a year or more.

Yes it's easy to spend more and more.. I find myself spending almost every month on this due to the good service MTP provided... Very addictive.

Yes it's easy to spend more and more.. I find myself spending almost every month on this due to the good service MTP provided... Very addictive.

I actually found two Kyushu 800-1000s (Tomix) on yahoo for 14,020JPY and 14,025JPY. Have emails Nariichi-san regards acquiring one for myself.

Edited by katoftw

I actually found two Kyushu 800-1000s (Tomix) on yahoo for 14,020JPY and 14,025JPY. Have emails Nariichi-san regards acquiring one for myself.

Nice ~ Kyushu is your region I presume? It's a fantastic place for collection due to the wide range of joyful trains..

Gotta get all those joyful trains like Hayato No Kaze, I know you have the Shaburo-Shinpei on pre-order, any plans for the Yufuin?

Had and got rid of the Hayato no Kaze, is was navy, not black.

Isaburo-Shinpai yeah on pre-order, maybe MA will get that to be by 2020.

Ibusuki no tamatebako is my favourite of my collection.  Something magic about it's colour scheme.

Blue sonic - equal 2nd/3rd fav train.

White sonic - equal 2nd/3rd fav train.

Asoboy - just waiting to find one to buy

Yufuin, the tomix version is a little rough, some have paint green TN couplers on the front, completely wrong.  Should be a gray TN coupler with green dart, same as blue sonic TN coupler with blue dart.  OR Microaces are nicer, but MA release schedule has gone to poop.  Undecided on which version to buy.

N700-8000, but not high on the list as I find the 700s all a little bland.

500-7000 Kensanjya is on preorder

700-7000 is also on perorder

But to be honest, I'm thinking on starting to collect outside of the Kyushu area. 231-500, E259, Cassiopiea etc.  I'm sure once I travel in Japan in October, than there will be many more train I'll want.

Edited by katoftw

I ALWAYS check ModelTrainPlus first for items I'm interested in purchasing.  By far the fastest turnaround by Japanese online stores!

Hi Nariichi!

Thanks for the great service and turnaround time.  You've become my goto place online for Japanese railroading products.

Edited by Richard W
  • Like 1

Hi Nariichi!

Thanks for the great service and turnaround time.  You've become my goto place online for Japanese railroading products.

Dear Richard-san,

Thank you for the feedback.  Please enjoy with the item purchased.

Check new items

Some more item added on ongoing super sale

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/super-sale?page=2

Pre-order open for not only following item but also many other

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/collections/pre-order

Tomix 98937 - EF65-1033/1065 (limited item at oncoming Model Hobby Show)

Modemo Toden Arakawa line type 8800s

Also have some number of KATO 16001-3 Kashima Rinkai 6006 "Girls und Panzer".  Please let me know if you are interested.  Motorizing option (KATO 28-199) will be available in future also.

Many new arrivals listed.

KATO 10-1214/1215 - 14-500 Series Express Coach "NISEKO/SOYA"
KATO 7008-8 - Diesel Locomotive DD51-500
KATO 3065-3 - Electric Locomotive EF510-500 Hokutosei
KATO 10-831/832 - 24 Series Sleeping Car "HOKUTOSEI"
KATO 8037-5 - Tank Wagon TAKI1000 (Japan Oil Terminal with "ECO rail" mark)
KATO 8018-3 - Autorack Type KU5000
KATO 10-1224 - E233-6000 Yokohama Line
Tomix 98928 - Sleeping Car AKEBONO Last Run
Tomix 92537/92538/92539 - Series N700-2000 Shinkansen
Tomytec Tetsudou Collection Keihan Otsu Line Type 600 "Tetsudou Musume" wrapping
Greenmax 4614/4615 - JR Kyushu Series 817-3000
and more

Rare item listed
Tomytec Bus Collection - Odakyu Hakone Bus "EVANGELION" (both vol.1 and 2)
KATO 16001-3 - Kashima Rinkai Railway 6006 "GIRLS und PANZER" with motorizing unit bundle

Some items are currently sold out but will be restocked on next week.

Edited by nartak

Nariichi,

Any idea if JioWorld will be making the 7-, 8-, and 9-storied building available any time soon?  I'm mostly interested in 102 C 9-storied bulding.  I want to get a sense of the construction and look of the building on my layout before I buy a large quantity.

Thanks.

Richard

• Like 1

Nariichi,

Any idea if JioWorld will be making the 7-, 8-, and 9-storied building available any time soon?  I'm mostly interested in 102 C 9-storied bulding.  I want to get a sense of the construction and look of the building on my layout before I buy a large quantity.

Thanks.

Richard

Dear Richard-san,

Sent PM for detail.