New House - First Layout

sedril

Back in the summer, we purchased our very first house :)

I've been given about half a bedroom to play around with.  A "U" shaped layout: 5 feet up one wall, 10 feet across the room, and another 3 feet by a window.

I'm planning to have two levels, with a single-track helix connecting the two in the 3 foot by 3 foot section.

I figure a 381mm/15inch radius should be wide enough to allow for my N700 and 0 Series Shinkansen.

The difference between the levels is 24 inches.  I've done some measurements about where I'd be comfortable sitting, and standing.

I did have a question about how wide the deck of the helix should be.

I have seen people use 1 inch on either side, but I can't find an answer as to what I'm "supposed" to use.

post-403-0-67037400-1381446451_thumb.png

The dark blue bit is a passenger station for my larger city.  I'm planning to have it terminate on the lower level at a smaller city.

The red is a container shipping yard / building / warehouse.

The light blue is a maintenance yard.

The brown is a chemical plant / storage area.

I'm still working on the lower level design.  Somehow I though the planning stage would be easier if I had lots of space...

Mudkip Orange

I'd say hold out for a full bedroom. Try withholding sex. When she's like, are you not attracted to me anymore, just respond "it just... hurts... really hurts... that I don't have a full room for trains."

Heh.

I was going to a loop initially, but then the width of the module at the end might be a problem.

I'll run some testing to see if my bullets to can go around a R249 curve without derailing.