Another B Train Shorty layout

tossedman

tossedman

So, here's the revised version of the weathering. It may be a bit dirtier that prototypical but I like the look. Still need to do the roof and pantograph. 

As to the reversing system I have an Azatrax system for reverse loops that I've never used. Bought years ago. I think it'll do a simple reversing circuit. It has sensors, etc., I just need to spend some time figuring it out.

IMG_0947.thumb.jpeg.060489fe036564ac03c9727cf749d79c.jpeg

IMG_0939.thumb.jpeg.dfe06a28c1145d9fa3d244796477a850.jpeg

• Like 4
Dinosbacsi

Nice, looks really great!

Unrelated to weathering btw, but I love hot detailed that bogey looks 😮 Was it also weathered to make the detail pop out this much or it's like this as standard?

I watched the Youtube video that gave you the inspiration. I must say he was a little heavy handed with the panel line accent. I tend to dilute mine with a little Tamiya enamel thinners. 

A. It flows a lot better into the recesses.

B. Using a thin brush means a lot less clean up on overspill. The included lid brush is way too cumbersome.

C. You can build it up as you need rather than slap it on and take away.

I also thought spraying the underside all brown and black on the bogies lost a lot of the detail and your grey bogies look fantastic with the details picked out .  

I sometimes mix dark brown and black to give a kind of frame dirt colour then thin with a little enamel thinner. 

• Like 1
gavino200
2 hours ago, Cat said:

I started weathering back in the 70s, and still love dry-brushing with enamel paints:

https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/13533-how-did-you-improve-your-rolling-stock/page/22/?tab=comments#comment-211325

Is there any chance you'd consider writing a short post in the techniques forum describing the technique, sometime? Sort of a beginners level "Explain like I'm five", sort of thing?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Is there any chance you'd consider writing a short post in the techniques forum describing the technique, sometime? Sort of a beginners level "Explain like I'm five", sort of thing?

Sure.  I'll try to remember to do that sometime soon when I'm a bit more awake.  Nudge me with a PM in a few days if I've failed the memory dice rolls.
: 3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1