tossedman

Another B Train Shorty layout

tossedman

Thanks again Mardon. It'd be great to take a look at those as well. I'd though of making the road straight but to tell the truth I just printed a section and trimmed it to (almost) fit the layout as Noah was excited to see how it all looked. Lots more work, and maybe even some planning is yet to be done.

tossedman

Got it, thanks again Mardon. This looks like fodder for the wife's little CNC cutter. Now I just need about a week of free time.

Cheers,

Todd

tossedman

I've been playing with the road plate file that Mardon was kind enough to share. I'm redrawing it in Adobe Illustrator to be able to resize it to fit our layout a bit better. I'm finding out how much I've forgotten in Illustrator but also remembering what great stuff you can do with it. I've narrowed the roads to 45 mm and am playing with the station area now. Figured out how to write bus stop and taxi in Katakana on my Mac as well. Yay! I'll post some pictures soon but progress is slow as I'm also finishing off my new RC crawler. I bounce from one project to the other. One day I'll finish one of them.

Edited by tossedman

tossedman

Well, I've been eying this shelf that has sat gathering dust for the last few years. Noah's moved on from trains for now. Mountain biking and computers have has attention now. Maybe it's time to get this going again.

cteno4

Uhoh next comes you know what! They ruin interest in model trains. 😜

jeff

• Haha 1

tossedman

He's still kind of interested. He'll go down and putz around in the basement for an hour or two, but that's only once a month or so. Thus, this layout is now mine. Going to replan it. Got lots of ideas from TTrak modules as lots of this layout is only 12" deep. The ends are only 18" or so.

I also have a few Sankei kits that need to be built and then somewhere to put them.

IMG_0349.thumb.jpeg.33cdf6bc3402d55f2a41d18b221552c2.jpeg 

• Like 3

cteno4

Todd is going to dissapear into the basement for a while there with that pile!

jeff

• Haha 1