New from Switzerland, bnicolas1987

bnicolas1987

bnicolas1987

Hi,

I was searching some informations about the next train in HO from Kato (the new shinkansen E5) and a find this forum.

I'm Nicolas, I live in Switzerland and I have essentially HO trains, more of the are swiss and italian, but I also very like Japanese train in HO.

Unfortunately I don't have a layout yet, but I'm thinking how to buit it with a place for all sort of trains, that will be difficult...

I'm working as a train driver by the swiss railways, based on Geneva.

I already have some japanese models in HO and I'will show them as soon as possible, but here is a quick list:

- Shinkansen serie 0 from Zoukei-Mura (12 pieces)

- Shinkansen serie 500 from tenshodo / bachmann, full set 16 pieces

- A night train with Ef 66 and Ef 81 locomotives

- A second one (Akebono) with Ef 65 locomotive (one Tomix JRF and the Rainbow one from Kato)

- 3 Dd51 locootives, one red and twonin Hokutosei colour (just gotnthem this week)

- 3 electric passengers trains, two serie 455 (old and new livery) and one 115-1000

I hobe I can mannage to buy the next Shinkansen from Kato and the Hokutosei, but currently out of stock...

Pleased to mett you all and see you on the forum in a few time!

Cheers!

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas, welcome to JNS Forum.  Here you'll find plenty of help and information about both models and prototypes.

What is the most busy Swiss Railways line in the Geneva area? I'm going to look for a youtube video of it :grin

bikkuri bahn

Welcome to the forum Nicolas! In addition to model railway topics, please don't hesitate to post info or ask questions about real trains, Japanese or otherwise.  It's always great to have contributions by those who work in the railway industry*- we have at least three other train drivers who regularly post here, two from Australia and one from Italy. 

*I am intrigued by Swiss railways, and especially am interested in the scheduling/service patterns of SBB/CFF/FSS, such as the pattern around Olten.

bnicolas1987
Hi Nicolas, welcome to JNS Forum.  Here you'll find plenty of help and information about both models and prototypes.

What is the most busy Swiss Railways line in the Geneva area? I'm going to look for a youtube video of it :grin

Hi,

In the geneva area, there is only two lines, one in the direction of France with some suburban trains, the secon one is the Swiss line to Lausanne with a lot of trains (6 per hour in both directions, but always the same type of roling stock, a little bit boring after a few time.)

Here is a little video i found yet:

Welcome to the forum Nicolas! In addition to model railway topics, please don't hesitate to post info or ask questions about real trains, Japanese or otherwise.  It's always great to have contributions by those who work in the railway industry*- we have at least three other train drivers who regularly post here, two from Australia and one from Italy. 

*I am intrigued by Swiss railways, and especially am interested in the scheduling/service patterns of SBB/CFF/FSS, such as the pattern around Olten.

Hi,

I think I have not understand the question, waht is interessing you around Olten?

- we can say than all trains running through Switzerland from south-west to norh-east run via Olten because it is a central point.

- At the moment the "new" "highspeed" line between Bern and Olten makes that all trains that can run through it at 200 km/h "have to" run there, this is to go faster between Bern and Zürich, but for me it is a nonsense, we haven't a land for Highspeed trains, we're too small for it.

See you.

Nicolas

Edited by bnicolas1987
  • Like 1
bikkuri bahn

Thank you for your comments.

The area around Olten interests me as a node for the services, as a part of the clockface schedule.  I like to see how things are coordinated, also when there is an accident or other disruption, how the operating diagram is restored.  One of my sub-interests is the operating diagram (string diagram), called "daiya" in Japan.  Swiss Railways also uses such a system, but I think they use a different axis orientation- In Japan, X axis is time, and Y axis is distance.

The area around Olten interests me as a node for the services, as a part of the clockface schedule.  I like to see how things are coordinated, also when there is an accident or other disruption, how the operating diagram is restored.  One of my sub-interests is the operating diagram (string diagram), called "daiya" in Japan.  Swiss Railways also uses such a system, but I think they use a different axis orientation- In Japan, X axis is time, and Y axis is distance.

The Swiss system is the same as that used in Germany and Austria. I have the software used by the FREMO modular group to schedule their setups and it uses this system. It has the advantage that you can set up a string timetable on Excel without much fuss...

Cheers NB

we haven't a land for Highspeed trains, we're too small for it.

This was what the Dutch goverment should have realized two decades or so back. We also have some trains that "have" to run via the high speed line even though it's not that useful. They should have upgraded the old lines to four tracks and 200km/h, which is possible here but maybe not in Switzerland because of the many curves?

They are called "Grafische Fahrpläne" in German.  Here is a link to diagrams for all (?) lines in Switzerland, SBB as well as non-SBB Railways.

I would be very happy if someone can post a Japanese one. I have never seen a complete one for one line, just samples.. /Greetings from Sweden

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/de/archiv/grafische-fahrplaene/

Edited by Kitayama

Hi,

The link above is very good, i cannot hel more than that for the grafic timetable.

Thank you for all fine replies!

See you!

Nicolas