ebay luck

scott

It never rains but it pours....after missing out on a whole bunch of stuff (my method is to bid low and cross my fingers), and then not getting some other items due to an eBay foulup, all of the sudden last night I "won" three model-railroad auctions all at once. (All non-Japanese stuff this time, so OT....) I didn't figure I'd get more than one of them, but the expected counterbids never happened--which just makes me wonder if I choose poor stuff or bid too high  :-\ , but we'll see. Anyway--now I *really* need to back off on the bidding, but I should have a very interesting package coming next week.

Martijn Meerts

I have a similar problem with pre-orders. Often they're delayed or come out earlier than expected. I've had times where I got a few more items in the mail than I was expecting ;)

Martijn Meerts

If only they delivered to the door, I have to go to the post office to pick it up (walk 15 minutes to the nearest bus stop, ride the bus for almost 10 minutes, pick up package, same way back, except now uphill ;))

The heaviest (train related) package I've had to pick up was around 10 kilo's ;)

If only they delivered to the door, I have to go to the post office to pick it up (walk 15 minutes to the nearest bus stop, ride the bus for almost 10 minutes, pick up package, same way back, except now uphill ;))

Those uphill bus rides can be killers.  ;)

The heaviest (train related) package I've had to pick up was around 10 kilo's ;)

Wow--have you taken up live steam?

Martijn Meerts

Those uphill bus rides can be killers.  ;)

They are if the bus breaks down ;)

Wow--have you taken up live steam?

Nah, that was a package with lots of regular N-scale. Although, the customs/postal service said it was 10 kilo, so in reality it was probably less. It was still pretty large and heavy though ;)

I had that today with my HobbySeatrch order that arrived at the PO. I took the Vespa down to pick up a TomyTec Bathhouse that I pre-ordered in January (before I went broke again). Expecting a little package, I get there and the box it was shipped in was big enough to transport a beef jerky maker. Wasn't fun trying to get it back to the house cause it barely fit in my ALICE pack.

I love big packages, you think you're getting more! My favorite is when I get my order from MB Klein and the box is about 3' long and 1' wide and you know when you open it all that is going to be in there is 6 pieces of flex track and some rail joiners. ;D

....and just a few poles, and maybe another switch, and, oh, this month's Continental Modeller looks interesting, and maybe I could use some styrene, and...

I think we like getting parcels in the mail because it reminds us of Christmas when we were young. The Postman has become the new Santa for those who have forgotten about those days.

You know you have a problem when the postman knocks on your door and says " Heh Chris - what have you got this time! " or " What does you wife say and where are you hiding all these things! " ::)

My last package was a Dr Yellow Shinkansen. Nice little package that one - now looking for the add on set!

Due to the lack of decent JR retailers around Sydney 90% of my collection is from Ebay and online shops.

SubwayHypes

i also got some packages in the mail

What did you get?

i spent about $500 on a few different retailers i liked, filled in alot of gaps i had in my track, a few turnouts, a half dozen assorted buildings, street accessories like vending machines, a cool little pedestrian bridge, and some other things i cant remember.

The main purchases were my new Kiha85 which i posted a few pics of already, and i have a new special train coming in as well which i will reveal in my layout thread!

Regarding ebay luck, i recently came in contact with an ebay seller who has a huge collection of tomytec sports cars and vehicles which he is selling to me, so that is coming in the mail as well!  He said 9 dollars a row, i said il take all four!

Nscalecars.jpg

SubwayHypes

yea i have to cool the N scale purchases for a while, im hoping this will tie me up most of the summer.  (most likely not)

even my mom was like, "you are spending way too much money on trains"

which i am, but F*** it, i know kids who blow a hundred dollars a night drinking and going clubbin, i just happen to prefer spending my money on peaceful relaxing japanese trains!