what is up with BT Trains???

n_scale_crazy

ordered some pantographs from them on the 18th checked status of order for several days then sent a message on the 22nd asking about the order and have not heard a word from them? I ordered from them after reading a post on here of how fast they were got a show to go to on the 5th of oct. was hoping to have the parts to fix a loco to run at the show.

Didn't he die?

I can't seem to find it searching through the forums but I swear he kicked the bucket and the widow was going to clear out the remaining inventory... you might wanna just hit up Hobby Search and spring for the EMS.

Yes sadly bob passed away last year.

His wife was going to keep things going but unclear where it was going to go.

Have you tried ringing them?

BT Trains

9187 NE Country Woods Ln

Kingston, WA 98346

1-360-638-1377 (Voice)

1-800-407-9556 (Toll free voice)

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

yes I tried to call the 800 doesn't work the regular voice has a busy signal and the fax number just rings.

so I have already paid for my order, now what do I do?

Crazy,

Has payment shown up on your cc?

Did you try the reg phone at some different times?

Other alternatives are loco1hobby, hobbysearch, or fmodels and use ems shipping. I think the cheapest ems is about $11, not horrible if you need it fast and one of those sources has it.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

thanx Jeff,

I did use paypal  and yes tried the voice phone different times of the day on the same day.

BTW, Jeff just noticed your signature area have seen you and your clubs t-trak mods and they look really kool (t-trak wiki)

you can se mine under Cotton in Oklahoma Robert Becker.

thanx again for the help.

Don't dispute it with Paypal... they dick merchants around hardcore, so it could end up with a situation where they have a few grand sitting in the Paypal account and it gets "frozen" for 12 months while they "investigate" the claim...

I would email them requesting cancelation, give it another week, then check your statement and if it shows up you can do a chargeback with whatever bank your CC is thru.

Mudkip is wise, yes best to give the cancel some time. they do do some pretty harsh things to sellers at times. Sorry you have had this experience with bt trains and i hope it gets worked out.

great modules, you have quite a few! love the UFO!

cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4

Robert,

Hold off on doing anything, working on a way to get in touch with them and see if we can get this straightened out for you. ill contact you off line.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
Guest Closed Account 1

Bob was awesome for finding hard to find parts. I miss him and his specially priced pre-arrival container sales.

Edited by Webskipper

Yes he was. It was really sad as the business was just really turning the corner for them and he was so into the trains himself and as a business, think it was his dream job. his service was extremely fast. i would order something wed and it would be from seattle to dc priority mail by friday! he must have been near a distribution node for usps.

jeff

I bought some stuff from BT prior to Bob's passing, top shelf service and prompt shipping. To bad you are having issues. I also see they still list stuff on the bay as well. Good luck and give it a bit more time.

I think Robby's stuff got sent and hopefully will be there in time for the show.

I think it has been really tough on bob's widow trying to deal with the business and raise 3 small kids they have. Im sure it can be overwhelming to deal with it all. Bob ran the business and it was his passion, he seemed in heaven being able to sell trains!

cheers

jeff