Hi slightly embarrassing...

deeslexia

I was trying to find details of Tomix N tram track, with the possibility of using Matchbox UK 1/87 trams with n gauge motors . 

I know it's way outside the remit of this forum, but maybe someone can help me with the width between the tracks .

I need  to create a layout which is as compact as possible, but with some of the detail of HO.

Thanks 

dee

this is reminding me of that thread about the guy who modifies n-scale rolling stock to run on z-scale track to more accurately model 1067mm track. Naturally I can't find it now :sad1:

• Like 1

Thanks.

I realise that UK narrow gauge uses N track , but some of the complexities of scale leave me bewildered !

However, the train web gives the sizes of the double track , I could just about run a 1/64 Corgi tram which i bought with a view to OO motorising for an old Hornby  train set as a near toy ,

Passing one another with 7mm clear, on Tomix straights might just be possible .

It had better not rock on it's narrow truck either [ it's no lightweight ] Freelance,or not, a double decker may look silly, but I may get away with a single deck tram which looks more like a railcar.

The 1/87 nominal trams I bought have yet to arrive, but will be should work Ok.

The ability to use single track curves seems to alleviate  problems of touching, but it will take all of my ability to work out what to buy !!!

Martijn Meerts

Isn't that always the case though.. You spend a lot of time on a layout, and when you're (almost) done, you figure you need to start over ;)

At least, that's how it always works for me ..

Mudkip Orange
I thought he has a loop with N and a loop with Z gauge, but you may be right. This page however features the correct gauges: http://vivant.jp/nj-hatena.htm

Indeed. Although the net effect here is to give all the trains a bit of an "OO" appearance. Since 9mm @ 1:150 is 1350mm, and 6.5mm is 975mm, this means the trains are 6.3% or 9.4% oversized, whereas OO is 14% oversized.

Of course Keio and Toden modelers do not have this issue at all.

Yeah but it's still as close as you can get. Actually I doubt you could notice the difference considering both normal gauge and cape gauge would be off half a millimeter.