Need to find a part for Kato No. 201 C50

VentureForth

VentureForth

I have a C50 I bought almost 25 years ago in Japan. The connector between the loco and the tender sometime ago. Through Kato USA, I was able to get a new tender with a good forward coupler. In fact, the President of the company carried it first class from Japan to Kato USA in Chicago enroute to NMRA in Atlanta.

This only solved half my problem. I need the piece that covers the gear which includes the tab that snaps into the round coupler.

Attached is the part I'm looking for without the piece that. Is broken off. It's hard to see - I'll upload a better pic later.

I don't even know what to call it. A search for coupler give me the rapido on the back - not what I need. Of someone can help me search, especially domestically in Japan, I would really appreciate it.

post-1621-0-17969300-1374528976_thumb.jpg

Edited by VentureForth
  • Like 1

venture,

wow so nice of them! Always shows it cant hurt to ask nicely!

photo didnt make it

jeff

Hope it wasn't paying for his first class ticket!

Do you have a pict of this in context on the train?

Jeff

VentureForth

Not a very good one. Its the plastic part that holds in the gear. The very tail end has a round part (the part thats missing) that sandwiches into the tender.

They only charged $16 for the tender and $7 s/h. Beats SAL!

post-1621-0-08385000-1374547900_thumb.jpg

Edited by VentureForth

Hmmm that may be a hard one to find. Might not be to bad to epoxy a bit of carved styrene onto the part to complete the sandwich...

Actually a single car shipped sal is usually $6 or so, but should come faster!! Kato USA charges a flat $7 no matter how tiny the part w/in the us.

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by cteno4