Source for N-scale Rapido coupler springs?

scott

I've lost a few (only one from a working piece of equipment, but it won't be the last....), but I can't find a source for these springs. Does anybody know of a source, or am I doomed to sacrifice entire couplers to get springs?

CaptOblivious

You might have a look at the Micro-Trains coupler conversion kits. I've never done one, but I've seen a few, and as I recall they come with a spring that might work with the existing Rapido (I'm not suggesting you actually convert the coupler…). Worth a trip to your LHS to have a look anyway.

Martijn Meerts

The Rapido coupler is used (and manufactured) by pretty much all N-scale manufacturers, so it should be possible to order replacements from any brand. I hear Fleischmann is actually pretty decent at delivering spare parts right now. Trix (Minitrix) used to be fast, but it's owned by Marklin, and Marklin is insolvent, uncertain what'll happen there.

It just seems odd that, with all the other parts and accessories that people are clamoring to sell you, that these are so hard to find online.

Jansen--thanks for the offer. If I can't find a source, I may take you up on that.

scott