Outstanding HO scale modeling by Akihiro Morohoshi- how-to

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

A very good program by Fuji Broadcasting. Mr. Morohoshi is one of the masters of micro layout and diorama railways- he has done work for NHK also, I believe. I think the HO scale modelers will appreciate this, especially Mark Newton.

*thanks to tossedman for pointing out the blog where I found this clip.

• Like 6

yes great modeling to see it well shot in action. good for any modeler. i peeked at some of the other series and found most were interesting and always something to learn there!

also love the host and his expression and enthusiasm. modelers seem very interesting w/o even knowing japanese!

thanks

jeff

Edited by cteno4
...I think the HO scale modelers will appreciate this, especially Mark Newton.

bb, I think you're right!  :) The diorama he builds is absolutely gorgeous. And I was really impressed with the techniques he showed for painting the backdrop.

Interesting to see I'm not the only one cutting up Modemo Enoden cars. But since I don't speak the language, I'm curious to know why he shortened the car?

All the best,

Mark.

bikkuri bahn
I'm curious to know why he shortened the car?

I think it's so the car can take the curves more easily on the micro layouts/dioramas he builds.  It could also make the rolling stock more proportional vis-a-vis the scene they run through.

Could somebody read the part at 38:53 and tell me who makes the tile roofing stock.  I have some Spanish tile sheets, but I would like to use Japanese tile for my up front buildings.  Thanks in advance.

I'm curious to know why he shortened the car?

I just looked around a little and the japanese wikipedia writes that the enoden had at least 2 shorter cars, so i'm guessing he is kitbashing a short car from the standard length one.

enoden1.jpg

compare the number of windows with:

img_108a.jpg

• Like 1
Darklighter

Could somebody read the part at 38:53 and tell me who makes the tile roofing stock.  I have some Spanish tile sheets, but I would like to use Japanese tile for my up front buildings.  Thanks in advance.

Echo Model: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sakatsu/item/126800000201/

Two alternatives are: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10138125 (Sakatsu Gallery) and http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10280974 (Nanyo Bussan)

Edited by Darklighter

I just looked around a little and the japanese wikipedia writes that the enoden had at least 2 shorter cars, so i'm guessing he is kitbashing a short car from the standard length one.

LOL! I should have checked my own library before asking that! No.105 is 11 metres long, No.108 is 11.6 metres long. Interesting to note that neither of my references agree with Wikipedia, they both describe No.105 as being a single car.

Cheers,

Mark.