Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

I found this 前面展望 Front view video of the BRT bus in East Japan... Now we can relate better to the Tomytec BRT moving bus system!  :)

• Like 1

And so the Kyosho 1/80 RC buses are in!

Boy they are fun!

Takes 2 AAA size batteries in the bus, and a 9V battery in the controller. Good clean RC fun ~

The bus model itself looks decent enough, but rather large when compared with my Tomytec 1/87 Toei bus, perhaps because of the difference in scale...

I wish there were head and tail lights in the model too, but I think anyone with good electric fingers would be able to DIY.

The shells are a nice touch too, with the Hokkaido bus bearing the JHB logo and a resemblance to the 富士重工業7E, the Keikyu bearing resemblance to the いすゞキュービックバス and the Kokusai Kogyo (KKK) bus is probably an Isuzu Erga ~

post-819-0-20509600-1449837233_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-09173900-1449837241_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-94562600-1449837247_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-44124800-1449837255_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-42040100-1449837262_thumb.jpg

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/items/pdf/newitem_20151210_04.pdf

JB031 and JB032 announced for release in April; a Tobu Bus West LV280L1 and Kintetsu Bus LV234L2, respectively. MSRP looks like it's been increased to JPY 1200 over the previous 980.

Noticed the price increase too.. Why... But will still need to continue buying to complete the 'All Japan' series, especially so with the recent release of the Tomytec 'All Japan' bus case.

New pictures of the upcoming Tomytec buses:

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg

Hitomono Bus

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg

Nipako Chan (the famed piler) bus

photo01.jpg

Hiroshima Bus Centre Set B

• Like 1

More official photos from the upcoming Popondetta buses:\

s-8208%20aoi-tsubame.jpg
S'ELEGA
ジェイアールバス関東の国鉄復刻デザイン車です。

s-8209%20hakata-go.jpg
S'ELEGA
キング・オブ・深夜バス「はかた号」。

s-8211%20seibu%20lions.jpg

ガーラ
さいたま大宮と福岡を結んだ「ライオンズエクスプレス」。

s-8212%20jrkyushu%20redliner.jpg

8211 西武バス「Lions Express」 1台入り¥2,980+税

s-8207%20starfighter.jpg
S'ELEGA
WILLER EXPRESS 「STAR FIGHTER」

s-8210%20gara%20willer.jpg
ガーラ
ピンクの「WILLER EXPRESS」標準色

s-s%27elega%20gala.jpg

Very beautiful! But very heavily priced....

Yow, I hope all the lights and special effects are not on all the time as that could drive folks batty! Wonder if the hyper window can look outside or if you can just slide it up to physically look outside...

Jeff

Wow.

Hope there are no friendly fire incidents involving that plane. Also plenty of opportunity for bus-chira with those transparent roads ;)

Oh wow the ultimate moving bus layout!

While it was probably lots of work, it's just a bunch of loops and a 'double level bus lift'. Personally i found the more realistic layout posted a few days ago with the b-trains around it much nicer. Both from the landscape, bus operations and technical skill level standpoint. But that's just me, prefering plausible and more life like layouts.

Wow.

Hope there are no friendly fire incidents involving that plane. Also plenty of opportunity for bus-chira with those transparent roads ;)

Guess who's the number one bus-chira aimed with a camera below ~  :P

I still find this layout a friend of me made one of the ultimate bus layouts:

That's the one. It''s still the best moving bus layout I have seen... It was even featured in the Tomytec Complete Bus Manual... Really detailed and beautifully done...

It doesn't really serve any purpose, but it certainly looks cool indeed.

It doesn't, I don't think I have seen an actual bus lifting mechanism and roads like those in the video... But it is sure cool to watch and admire on the maker's electric knowledge....

Wow, that's impressive Sammy!  Well, you are the forum bus guru after all so I really shouldn't be surprised.   :)

Mostly the idea of a layout is to model something. Like a small scene, an aspect of an operation and they tend to at least try to be realistic. Doing something intentionally completly unrealistic is always possible, from small errors like running shinkansen and cape gauge trains on the same tracks to building someting completly unrealistic like the bus lift loops above. Most people prefer as much realism as possible within the given constraints, but not everyone.

• Like 1

from small errors like running shinkansen and cape gauge trains on the same tracks

Some people's errors are other people's fun ;)

Meanwhile here's a nice bus scene:

• Like 5

That's a well-done scene in general - I particularly like the full catenary.

I'm sure it's very popular at exhibitions.

My only comment regards something I frequently see on Japanese layouts - all of the foliage appears to be the same color, suggesting that only one type of plant grows in that region.

The exceptions are spring scenes - with cherry blossoms everywhere, and autumn - with multiple screaming colors.