Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

>> ....does anyone know where one could obtain the bus catalog?  Sure would like to have one.

The following hyperlink is the official Tomytec Bus collection web page on the Tomytec web site: https://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/lineup/bus/bus074.html

This is a site in Japanese that has a fairly current list of models in the Bus Collection: http://dc-crafts.main.jp/trm/bus-colle/lineup.html

And i translated this last site into English a while back, and maintain my own spreadsheet with some additional detail. including specific model, prefecture, bus type, etc. A PDF of this spreadsheet should be attached to this post. As you can see, the spreadsheet is wide so pages 1-29 show the main data with additional data representing the right-most columns start at page 30.

Also, this document links back to the specific Tomytec pages so you can see photos and other information (assuming you can read Japanese).

Tomytec_buses-English-v8.pdf

Edited by mukade
Updated information

Went over to Hobby Search to order up some more and noticed that there are many new releases but they no longer give the recommended power chassis. 

I believe the correct power chassis is always listed on the packaging, but some of the newer models do not yet have power units that fit them. For example, the Fuso Aero King double decker coach, the Isuzu Erga 2/Hino Blue Ribbon 3, the Isuzu Erga Mio/Hino Rainbow 2, the Fuso Aero Midi, the Fuso Rosa, etc.

Translation from HS which is starting to interest me more and more:

This item is limited to 24 per household.
Copyright WILLER ALLIANCE, Inc.

[ Related Products ]
- Bus Series Lighting Cable USB-C Cabel (10cm)

- 1/150 N gauge size bus series appears with light on specification!
- First stage is Aero King [WILLER EXPRESS]!

- We will series aero king which is popular as a two-story bus.
- Commercialized with lighting of headlight · tail light.

- Batteries or cables are required to light up. (Schedule: LR44 battery × 2)
- Lit cable (sold separately) is a cable that converts from the terminal on the bottom of the bus to USB - C. It is convenient when lighting for a long time.

※ Specifications, prices and release dates of products are subject to change without notice, so please be forewarned.
※ We plan to use parts shared. A place different from the actual vehicle may occur.
※ Release date · price · name of product etc may be changed. In that case I will show you again.

- WILLER Corporation Application for commercialization approval in progress
- Mitsubishi Fuso Truck · Bus Co., Ltd. Application for commercialization approval in progress

Interesting, kind of strange to have a usb-c cable for the power source. Going to have to drill a good sized hole to fit either end of the connector cable, where as just plain wire ends would only need a small hole and give a variety of ways to connect. USB-c extension cables are going to be expensive and bulky, and a bit overkill for a few leds.

i hope the connector on the bottom is one of the more standard pcb micro connectors and not a proprietary one. At least their usb-c cable is pretty inexpensive.

jeff

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

i hope the connector on the bottom is one of the more standard pcb micro connectors and not a proprietary one. At least their usb-c cable is pretty inexpensive.

The logical setup would be usb c under the bus as a power + physical connector and usb a on the other end for the power from any charger. The usb c connector could have a round plastic base for drill and press fit mounting. At least this is what i speculate based on the Tomytec bus charging method.

For a perminant wire, not a recharge, in this situation usb-c on the bottom of the bus would be impractical. The usb-c are a bit of a step up in size and totally locking your position based on the usb-c male mounted sticking out of the layout, no wiggle room and a big hole to drill. With small holes you can always patch the roadway with a manhole cover!

These don’t have anything to do with the tomytec as it’s just for full time led power, not recharging off the layout where blogs and cableing doesn’t matter.

Makes sense to just have a small, simple 2 wire connector under the bus that can have 2 smaller gauge wiresthat can then connect to whatever you want with 5v. Best if it’s a simple and available micro plug that folks can roll their own connections easily and use small holes to run wiring or use a premade cable to whatever usb connector.

Usb-c also is still more expensive than usb-a stuff as it’s new. Also usb-c is a little overkill for small power needs like this, but I guess it’s the future, but usb-a will be around for a long time I expect. We will see how fast Apple sucks everyone over, they did it with usb-a.

jeff

15 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Usb-c also is still more expensive than usb-a stuff as it’s new. 

I didn't talk about A versus C, but a cable with the tiny C plug on one end and a standard A end on the other, so any off the shelf charger could be used.

My girlfriend just got an ikea led chain that could be put in a glass jar or vase as decorative lighting. It has 12 warm white leds and came with an 1.5A usb charger. It's completly overkill but it was cheap. The led string has an usb A plug, where earlier ones had either a molex 2 pin (Tomix style) or an older pin and plate connector (old din). The usb one was probably cheaper or more avaliable. Like those 3 usd Arduinos from China where you always get an usb A to B cable. I guess an A to C cable would cost at least 0.5 or 1 usd. It's much cheaper than making a custom cable.

Routing it through a board is harder, that's true but at least you don't have to glue the bus down. I guess we'll see when it becomes available. (if the charger end gets a C connector instead of an A, that would be a really bad idea)

In the converter cable description it says

“The lighting cable is a cable that converts from the terminal on the bottom of the bus to USB - C. It is convenient when lighting for a long time.”

so it implies they dont use usbc onnthe bus but on the other end to plug into a usbc power source. Yes I agree that usba end would be much cheaper and universal (like you mention even ikea is starting to give up using its non standard power connectors for leds and just going to usba connectors).

im guessing they used a micro pcb board connector socket on bottom of the bus that the plug fits into it flush withnjust the wire coming out. Cseems like a very good choice, cheap and easy. Putting a Usbc socket on the bottom of the bus for this use does not make sense as they are not so small and again not good to have a good sized usbc plug and cable sticking out of the bottom of the bus to deal with in mounting. Their reasoning seems good to me it’s just using usbc instead of usba on the power plug end as usba powers soireces are so cheap and plentiful.

jeff

I seem to be creating a small fleet of Nishitetsu buses. Couldn’t resist a couple of newish releases. I see these buses daily and I especially liked the red tram painted addition that I regularly notice around the Kurosaki/Yahata area.

4D037084-AB7A-4949-BB58-55F93189A48A.jpeg

424F120E-0868-4147-B9D2-12BA16D6C871.jpeg

• Like 2

Tomytec just release news of a bunch of new buses, most of which are really nicely painted ones! 

The Railway Collection Kanden Tunnel Trolley... Tomytec N Scale,1/1... Railway Col...

The Bus Collection Keisei Bus Shuttle Seven... Tomytec N Scale,1/150 The Bus Collection

The Bus Collection Tokyu Bus x Kawasaki Fro... Tomytec N Scale,1/150 The Bus Collection

The Bus Collection Hiroshima Electric Railwa... Tomytec N Scale,1/150 The Bus Collection

The Bus Collection Kanden Tunnel Electric B... Tomytec N Scale,1/150 The Bus Collection

The All Japan Bus Collection [JB024-2] Ens... Tomytec N Scale,1/1... The Bus Co...

Is there a bus starter set that has a bus that would be seen south or west of Tokyo, but still one the greater Tokyo area?  And which, is if any sets are rechargeable?

Thanks

Edited by ecfitzgerald
9 hours ago, ecfitzgerald said:

Is there a bus starter set that has a bus that would be seen south or west of Tokyo, but still one the greater Tokyo area?  And which, is if any sets are rechargeable?

Thanks

I presume you are asking about the Moving bus basic set? There is only one basic set that features the Tokyo area, the Toei bus set. 

Then there is the Osaka bus set for the Kansai area  and the Meitetsu for the Chubu area, Hiroden for the Chugoku region and Nishitetsu for the Kyushu regions

As for the rechargeable batteries type, Tomytec only did the Articulated type bus with working head and tail lights for Kanagawa and Shiki bus 

Alternatively, you can also get the other buses from the wide range of Tomytec bus available and get the motorised chassis and tracks separately ~

Finally the Yamate Liner livery! It's really nice! However, it HAS to be only sold in Japan (again) at some event in some place (again) and probably only Yahoo Auctions can get us one... 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:29 AM, mukade said:

This is my Nishitetsu fleet after receiving the set 25 models today (i.e. the Isuzu Erga on the middle shelf):

1362765744_Nishitetsubuses.thumb.png.52f28af86c0d717bcb9a4d87439e9257.png

where can I get a stand like this for my  buses?

On 1/31/2019 at 1:41 PM, Mark8573 said:

where can I get a stand like this for my  buses?

I buy mine at the Container Store (this one in the photo is here). Because they are quite expensive, i wait until i have a 30% off coupon. For other fleets i have that have fewer buses, I buy a cheaper one (found here). They both work and keep the models dust and dirt-free.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, mukade said:

The Bus Collection volume 26 information: Hino Rainbow and Isuzu Erga Mio second generation

http://www.jp-ngauge.info/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2019/01/10/001006.jpg

The entire list of buses in volume 26 has been released and can be seen here. Some of the companies represented include Keio, Fujikyu, Hokutetsu, Chugoku Bus, Miyazaki Kotsu, and Oita Bus. This set will be released in June.

Also, two Hello Kitty wrapping bus models from the Kita-Kyushu-Shi Kotsu Kyoku (i.e. city bus) will be released in June and can be seen here.

• Thanks 1
On 1/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, mukade said:

This is my Nishitetsu fleet after receiving the set 25 models today (i.e. the Isuzu Erga on the middle shelf):

1362765744_Nishitetsubuses.thumb.png.52f28af86c0d717bcb9a4d87439e9257.png

That Nishitetsu minibus on the lowest shelf hiding at the back. Hobbyland Pochi were selling these for ¥3500 a piece. Nice but not prepared to pay that for one.

55 minutes ago, Kamome said:

That Nishitetsu minibus on the lowest shelf hiding at the back. Hobbyland Pochi were selling these for ¥3500 a piece. Nice but not prepared to pay that for one.

Yahoo Auctions has them for a lot cheaper.

This month, another Nishitetsu coach will be released as part of that Phoenix anniversary set.

Good to know. I’m certainly not planning on starting a collection but as I see these buses everyday, I pick the models up as I see them.

I'm gtion got a small Nishitetsu collection going also.

Most of My buses are Nishitetsu, JR Kyushu and Miyako Kotsu.

I haven't looked as the buses for a long time.