Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

11 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

GGGRRRRRR... 

I missed the set completely and now I totally want this set... I mean, look at the colours on the buses! There's even a glass roof bus!!

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/diocolle/news/20171017_02/index.html

Wonder where we can get one of these.... (aside from the 8k plus price tag on Yahoo auctions BEFORE fees and shipping)...

There are two sets up for ¥5,800, and one for ¥6,000 right now... Unless I buy them first! 

Got two sets of Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu buses I didn't have yet :)

I'm especially cuffed with the medium sized Mitsubishi Fuso Erga Midi, as this is one of the types that (used) to run on the local line (大13). I'm seeing only Isuzu Erga nowadays, so I presume the Mitsubishi buses got replaced.

2018-05-14 17.01.05.jpg

2018-05-14 17.02.10.jpg

2018-05-14 17.02.19.jpg

• Like 4
On 5/14/2018 at 10:10 AM, Kabutoni said:

Got two sets of Kanagawa Chuo Kotsu buses I didn't have yet 🙂

I'm especially cuffed with the medium sized Mitsubishi Fuso Erga Midi, as this is one of the types that (used) to run on the local line (大13). I'm seeing only Isuzu Erga nowadays, so I presume the Mitsubishi buses got replaced.

Brill so cute these buses ive just sent off for the 30th Anniversary JR set

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, cteno4 said:

Oooh they are pretty! I can just feel sammy’s Finger inching toward the mouse and a yahoo auction for one (I have that bug eyed expression with sweat pouring off in a manga image in my head!)... let’s see if he can resist! 

Jeff

GGGRRRRGGRRRRR....

It's like poison... 

Tobu bus set won.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, Philphil said:

Woaaaaaah, you're using ZM! 

Now you need to get six more of those sets!

Yap time to try a new proxy after reading and hearing about its benefits! 

Nope I guess one set is enough for this... it's way too costly... 

5 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Duffy the Disney Bear bus.  Video by Sandbee.

Cute! While it's really cute, I was thinking wouldn't it be quite a distraction for the other drivers? I mean, it's so cute!

• Like 1
On 5/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, JR 500系 said:

Oh wow... I wonder how many bus companies are still running Showa Era buses! 

Last week I saw these old Nissan Diesel buses running somewhere out of the Kanuma depot (Tochigi prefecture) on a bus oriented variety program https://mobile.twitter.com/joymanmatsumoto/status/735815894367014912 This also surprised me quite a bit! Especially since the local bus company (Kanachū) always wants the newest. I've already seen quite a few older type buses from the Odakyū group being transferred elsewhere with rural number plates in the past few years (e.g. logo stripped Enoden buses with Nagano plates on their way to the Alps).

And I finally decided to take photos of my bus collections again after quite sometime... 

First, we will look at all the 5-bus box sets that we have... 

XCt5p5x.jpg

Still cant bear to open up the Tobu one... 

fvZLCZQ.jpg

And then the 3 bus sets... I really like the Umihotaru set cover! (by the way, the Top left Keihan is a unique 4-bus set though) 

AmzxZAd.jpg

All the diecast buses that we have... mainly from Popondetta.. Miss the bus collections they used to do... wonder why they stopped doing them... 

Rp6aj9u.jpg]

And finally, the 2-bus sets... It's like Pokémon, gonna catch them all!

Next we need to take photos of the ones in the bookcases.... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

sammy, we are getting in touch with tomytec bus anonymous for you...

stunning collection!

when do they get their own display cabinet?

jeff

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mark8573 said:

Great collection 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

sammy, we are getting in touch with tomytec bus anonymous for you...

stunning collection!

when do they get their own display cabinet?

jeff

Thanks Jeff! I have yet to photograph those in the bookcases though ~~  😛

Well, you did hit the nail on the head... I am looking if I am able to sell off my other collection (LEGO) that's sitting in a nice glass cabinet... If they do get sold, then the buses will get their own space, and hopefully even a running bus diorama! 

• Like 1

I know it's a trolleybus, not a conventional one, but is it possible to motorize the new Tomytec Kanden tunnel trolleybuses? If yes, which type of chassis is good for them? I'm thinking along the lines of using a battery powered Tomytec chassis with the plastic current collectors replaced by working ones and live overhead wires.

33 minutes ago, kvp said:

I know it's a trolleybus, not a conventional one, but is it possible to motorize the new Tomytec Kanden tunnel trolleybuses? If yes, which type of chassis is good for them? I'm thinking along the lines of using a battery powered Tomytec chassis with the plastic current collectors replaced by working ones and live overhead wires.

This seems to be a brand new mould unlike the already in production ones... So it might be a little difficult, though I think with some modifications the current BM-02R will work great ! 

6 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

The trolley bus uses the BM03 drive.      

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10543056

Hhmmm.. Looking carefully at the description, it DID state (in English) that it WILL conform to BM-03. However, reading into the Japanese poster, it shares the same poster as the Kita Alps bus that surely uses the BM-03 motor.. Looking at the text in Japanese, my limited Japanese couldn't tell me exactly if the trolley bus will use the BM-03, cause the 2nd half of the description is for the Kita Alps bus and the BM-03 is only mentioned in the bottom part, which I assume is for the Kita Alps bus... 

Looking at the moulding, the distance doesn't seem to be far enough for the BM-03 chassis too... But maybe i'm wrong ~~  😛

I did some googling too and it seems that the buses have a 5,800 mm axle distance. That's 38mm in 1:150 and the minimal size of the BM-03. But the bus has a short looking overhang at the back, so i'm not sure a BM-03 would fit it. The BM-02R is 35mm, which is 3 mm shorter.

Also, interestingly enough, the trolley buses are not even part of the Bus Collection. They are released as models in the Train (Tetsudo) Collection.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Tomytec or anyone does a bus with a livery of the pop-group (boy band) "Arashi"?    Or at least with some of the members for whatever they are involved with at any given time besides the group?  (They are like on 1/3 of all adverts n Japan it seems)     If so, I could get my wife onboard with this obsession...

My Google-Fu was weak and did not turn anything up.

I saw this when I accidentally opened the first page of this thread. After a short search I was shocked that it was still available new. I'm a big Evangelion fan so I had to buy it. I think the other bus is a bit ugly but, no big deal. I love the Eva bus! 

Not sue I'll ever get around to putting on these tiny decals, but I'll tuck them away somewhere just in case.

c6CDjzK.jpg

lFRlirR.jpg

aP9EDVP.jpg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I saw this when I accidentally opened the first page of this thread. After a short search I was shocked that it was still available new. I'm a big Evangelion fan so I had to buy it. I think the other bus is a bit ugly but, no big deal. I love the Eva bus! 

Not sue I'll ever get around to putting on these tiny decals, but I'll tuck them away somewhere just in case.

There's also a second edition: 

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/7629-tomytec-painted-anything-bus-related/?do=findComment&comment=101679