Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

A Tomytec-God-Hand Nipako bus reported in yesterday to the bus depot. Boy did it had amazing paint work!

post-819-0-68248000-1456808403_thumb.jpg

Bus stop parts. Havent seen these included in a single bus package for a long time now... Look at the special decal sheets!

post-819-0-80916800-1456808406_thumb.jpg

Good looking paint work!

post-819-0-24463300-1456808408_thumb.jpg

Nice from the rear too...

post-819-0-81021200-1456808409_thumb.jpg

A giant 285 is painted on the roof, together with some sort of logo that looks like a plier... Why 285? I seriously don't know...

post-819-0-02040500-1456808411_thumb.jpg

The back is great looking too! Tomytec- God-Hand... Is there such a destination?  :P

Also, I was studying the moving bus system layout for junctions and boy was it enough to give you a good workout in your brain...

post-819-0-10556700-1456808412_thumb.jpg

post-819-0-13237000-1456808413_thumb.jpg

FULL of variations to create for many different road situations... I'll be trying to create a 4 x 2 cross road that will show a major road into a minor road...

• Like 3

To shed a bit of light on to Nipako and the details on this bus. 

Nipako is the mascot character of GodHand, a company from Niigata producing high-grade hobby nippers. http://www.godhandtool.com/ Hence this being a Niigata bus.

The logo on the roof is depicting Nipako's nipper headband.

And the 285 in alternate Japanese reading means Ni(2) Pa(8) Ko(5).

Edited by Suica
  • Like 3

So I finally got the chance to try out the moving bus system passing through a Tram track without any modification.

post-819-0-94348000-1461756242_thumb.jpg

This is how a S70 Tram track looks on the underside... We do see a wire but that is running along the track, while we are trying to get the moving bus to cross over the track (across)

post-819-0-18028300-1461756241_thumb.jpg

Like this. The tram track is in the centre, the two bus track on each side. We can see the tabs of the bus track is in the way... So a little 'sacrificing' have to be made to remove the tabs...

post-819-0-70618700-1461756239_thumb.jpg

Like this...

post-819-0-43488300-1461756238_thumb.jpg

Joined seamlessly!

Now for some tests... I have uploaded some videos:

Seems to move across just fine! Let's try again:

Sorry the bus piece is not joined to the tram track now hence it tends to move away... Otherwise it moves over fine without troubles!

Now, let's get a little more adventurous and go double track!

Much more distance to cover... Will the bus move over just as fine?

No problems! Just nice!

Let's go even further, with double track twin bus lanes!

post-819-0-44544600-1461756237_thumb.jpg

OOhhh... looks nice... Now let's see...

It's tough to run too buses together and film a video.. But it looks ok (except for the Toei bus who got naughty and went over to the other lane!)

Seems to be just fine!

So now we can adopt this on the layout!  :)

post-819-0-31937400-1461756236_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

If you take a look at the short 33 mm tram track pieces, they have the indents for the wires. You can add wires there that allow a more guided crossing.

Good trialing Sammy.  Now the run of making them stop for a passing train?

I'm going to be having them play chicken with the train and see what happens. HaHa!

Good work Sammy.

If you take a look at the short 33 mm tram track pieces, they have the indents for the wires. You can add wires there that allow a more guided crossing.

Sorry i'm not sure if there is a 33mm tram track, but the closest I got was this:

10134214a.jpg 

Good trialing Sammy.  Now the run of making them stop for a passing train?

Thanks! That is a big problem indeed...

I'm going to be having them play chicken with the train and see what happens. HaHa!

Good work Sammy.

The current situation seems to be this way... Haha ~ Unless of course Tomytec bus system decides somewhere in the future to come up with a crossing system ~

Sorry typo, the correct length is 37mm for the grooved pieces.

Also you can add the stopping sections before the crossing to stop the buses when a train comes. Most simple way would be to link the stop sections to the crossing gates mechanically.

Edited by kvp

001.jpg

This is a new bus, announced by Tomytec: http://www.1999.co.jp/10395197

It's ran by Miyazaki Kōtsu and has a Yamato transport affiliation, as it's, next to a people transporter a parcel transporter: http://tabiris.com/archives/miyako/

I don't know the exact type (looks like a Hino Rainbow PRJ170/172 or something like that), but it's a 'medium' (中型) sized bus in N-scale, which looks like a first by Tomytec. They've done small, and regular sized buses, but not medium yet as a regular release (since 2005?), which I'm very happy to see! Hopefully more will follow.

Edited by Kabutoni (a.k.a. Toni Babelony)
  • Like 2

Thank you JR500, I just found your tests about the moving bus system passing through Tram tracks.

I have also in mind a crossing so these are very helpful!

Cheers,

I pre-ordered it this morning.  Do you know the specifics on the actual service it provides?  Some kind of eco tour?

Yamato is a large Japanese package delivery company.  Eight seats have been removed on this bus to accommodate packages. Yamanoto vans often show up in tram videos. Yamato has chartered Keifuku trams in the past to move parcels.

post-75-0-70306400-1465471776_thumb.jpg

Yamato Transport containers:

I couldn't get a closer look at the bus, but it looks very familiar... I think it might be the same model as the Bus Collection 6,

sub_01.gif                         bus6_67.gif     東京都交通局

hinorj.gif

10395197b.jpg image : http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig39/10395197b.jpg

They are also medium sized buses, somewhere in-between a mini bus and a normal size bus.  :)

Thank you JR500, I just found your tests about the moving bus system passing through Tram tracks.

I have also in mind a crossing so these are very helpful!

Cheers,

No probs! I'm so glad it helped! Do update us on your progress!  :)

I couldn't get a closer look at the bus, but it looks very familiar... I think it might be the same model as the Bus Collection 6,

sub_01.gif                         bus6_67.gif     東京都交通局

hinorj.gif

10395197b.jpg image : http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig39/10395197b.jpg

They are also medium sized buses, somewhere in-between a mini bus and a normal size bus.  :)

The Miyazaki Kotsu bus is indeed the same as the ones in set 6. These buses are from the early-mid 1980s as the newer Rainbows have a different shape air conditioning unit that is not on the front of the roof. Miyazaki Kotsu has a lot of old buses so I assume that bus is still in service.

I have the NKK Hino Rainbow model (Tomytec 071) from neighboring Kagoshima and that seems to have left service in the early 2000s. See http://kaijyu.no-ip.org/~shubus/kagoshimanumber/22ka/1300/1240.html

In addition to set 6, the Hino Rainbow HRs in set 17 are long, non-step versions of medium sized buses. If you have a Hino Rainbow bus in your collection, put it next to a full-size bus and you can see the difference in width and height. In the new set 20 to be released this month, the Nissan Diesel JP buses (both NSK and Fuji bodies) are also long versions of the medium sized bus series. This set will have both one-step and non-step buses in it. The normal length Nissan Diesel medium buses were the RM series and the short ones were the RN series - the latter model with an FHI body is represented in the mini bus collection.The regular length medium size NSK and FHI buses are not represented in the Tomytec collection.

The only medium bus style they don't have in any form in the Tomytec fleet is the Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Midi series. The Isuzu Erga Mio and the Hino Rainbow 2 are only in the HO gauge series.

Edited by mukade
  • Like 2

I see quite a lot of videos on youtube on this location, mostly relating to how well the buses turn at tight corners and the skills of the drivers negotiating the steep slopes and tight turns:

It seems to be a very popular Rokan of some sort, but anyone knows what Ryokan this is and where it might be?

Popondetta new diecast buses:

http://popondetta.com/blog_maker/cat90/1150_2.html

pola%20APEX-s.jpg
「ポーラ ムービングサロン」の2台。
「APEX」(1号車)と

pola%20BA-s.jpg
「BA」(2号車)。

keihan-geiko-s.jpg
「京阪バス」の京都市内観光の車両「芸妓」です。

hatobus-s.jpg
「はとバス」です。

Of the 4, the BA 2号車 looks amazing!

Edited by JR 500系

I quite like the elegance of the Keihan bus.  Would go well on my Otsu layout I spend no time on. haha

I will wait though for AmiAmi to put it in their sale section before buying it.

Edited by katoftw

I quite like the elegance of the Keihan bus.  Would go well on my Otsu layout I spend no time on. haha

I will wait though for AmiAmi to put it in their sale section before buying it.

Me too.. I hope it goes there though... It could take a while.

Cant understand why another Hato bus though..

I see quite a lot of videos on youtube on this location, mostly relating to how well the buses turn at tight corners and the skills of the drivers negotiating the steep slopes and tight turns:

It seems to be a very popular Rokan of some sort, but anyone knows what Ryokan this is and where it might be?

I think it is in Minamata in southern Kumamoto Prefecture:

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.2323232,130.4120287,3a,60y,346.64h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snE-JwJCw_QXF1s0mkK8WdA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Many of the videos on Youtube show Nishitetsu Kanko buses.

Yes, that seems to be the right place. Look at the view:

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.2322304,130.4131233,3a,60y,354.57h,71.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTcqTAZMDiIQICybk-qnQOQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

(the building on the video has at least 8 or 9 levels, but most of them seems to be below the parking lot going down to the level of the sea)

This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kJD0UyOGhM) shows a bus going down the hill where that Street View is. I believe the name of the hotel is Sankaikan - at least the sign by the road seems to say that.

• Like 1