Tomytec - Painted & Anything Model Bus Related

JR 500系

at least hobby search is nice and will indicate any items you have previously ordered (and when) when you check out. I guess they have enough people purchasing duplicates and asking for cancellations they decided to give the very nice reminder, when it’s against the hard bottom line. But saving yourself from a duplicate purchase could really endear you to Hs!

jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

I got a wrong power-unit 🤐🤐🤐 ... so, now, I need to "fix" it ... 😂😂😂

1) Can any of You confirm that this bus - see picture - has a 32 mm (BM-01) wheelbase engine?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/714VOeBGShL._SX355_.jpg

2) I'm looking, too, for a bodywork that fits a 35 mm (BM-02R) wheelbase, any hint? THX.

Regards

Francesco

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, Kamome said:

I’d like a few more Nishitetsu buses. It’s a nice set. I see those pink fan motif coaches a lot.

I guess you need to catalogue your collection in a better way if you’re getting duplicates. It’s easy to get carried away though. I’ve had to resist a lot of things which aren’t really in my current location. Train-wise I have a lot of different areas and eras rolling stock but I’ve kept mostly to Kyushu buses unless something really screams at me to buy it.

Sorry man the Nishitetsu pink motif buses are probably staying ~ 🙂

I have a catalogue, but I don't refer to it as often and it really isn't update to date... When I saw something I like, I almost immediately buy it without consulting the spreadsheet, and after payment, turning to look at it and realise I already have one... 

I might need to re-look into the buses as they are amassing to quite a fair bit and sprouting out of their cases.... And I thought I could never have enough of them...

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, FastFranz said:

1) Can any of You confirm that this bus - see picture - has a 32 mm (BM-01) wheelbase engine?

Hi there! To confirm, the Toei bus pictured above belongs to the basic A1 set, and uses the BM-01 (32mm) chassis ~

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, FastFranz said:

2) I'm looking, too, for a bodywork that fits a 35 mm (BM-02R) wheelbase, any hint? THX.

As for buses that uses a BM-02R (35mm) chassis, here are some of those:

(1)三菱ふそうMP218/618(第4弾)
(2)富士重工業5E(5台セットA、B/N016~020、051~055)
(3)西工58MC(第9弾)
(4)西工96MCワンステップ(第11弾)
(5)三菱ふそうエアロスター(第15弾)
(6)富士重工業7Eワンステップ(第16弾)
(7)日野ブルーリボンHT/HU5台セット(N011~015)
(8)日野ブルーリボンシティハイブリッド(バスコレ走行システムJR東日本BRTセットA)

And some more from the Island wide bus series:

<JB002>名古屋市交通局, <JB004>西日本鉄道, <JB007>新潟交通, <JB008>鹿児島市交通局, <JB009>北陸鉄道, <JB011>ちばレインボーバス, <JB013>しずてつジャストライン, <JB014>北九州市交通局, <JB016>名鉄バス, <JB017>立川バス, <JB018>阪急バス, <JB019>北海道中央バス, <JB020>青森市営バス, etc... 

You can use Tomytec Offical bus page to find out which buses use the BM-02/ BM-02R wheel bases, and find them using the JB series numbers (which makes things easier if you are not so fluent with Japanese) 

Generally, I find the newer JB series not being able to use the motorised chassis... wonder if this is going downhill... 

Hi JR500,

THX a lot, even if japanese is not the best of my knowledge I'll handle it in some way. At least the first point (what engine for my bus) is clear ... THX again!

Francesco

I FINALLY spent some time over the weekends to do an actual photo shoot for my buses in the bookcases, those that are VERY easily forgotten (even if I have n excel spreadsheet to know what buses I have but...) and always in the bookcases so getting the least love... 

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post all of the pictures (due to the absolute boredom of viewing too many pictures of buses) so here's a little teaser:

Overall.thumb.jpg.621fe179a237a3034ae4c1dc2dac5b46.jpg

The photo taking also allowed me to finally know which buses I have multiple copies of, so I guess there's going to be a bus export sale soon ~  😛

• Like 7
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, IST said:

Oh, wow, what a collection!

Haha thanks! Here's a little sneak peak at what is inside those book cases... 

304144151_CollectionToei.thumb.jpg.1c966085e6ff2115be8adb44b0655210.jpg

Some of my favourite Toei buses... 

1337988533_Collection1517.thumb.jpg.2031a3c496b7a8f3536d1160c8bd8ac3.jpg

I love the collection 17, especially the Hato bus, so you can imagine how much I am looking forward to the collection 27 ~

1593717391_Truckcollection.thumb.jpg.0e256f299c3a7cce2f456a4fa8a66bc2.jpg

Some trucks are there too... ~  🙂

• Like 9

Reposting here what Steinkopf posted in the Tomix - New releases thread.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, Das Steinkopf said:

For Tomytec the latest trailer collection is a mouth watering selection and for me a must, it's interesting how Tomix have now brought out models of the UT20A and UT22A tank containers, these had only just been recently released by Popondetta and prior to that was only available as a whitemetal kit by Morita. There is also a nice collection of cement trailers as well as containers on trailers, it's nice to see more JRF 19G containers becoming available as they had only been on the long discontinued 2752 KoKi 107, one oddity in the collection is the old Hino with the 20' ISO marine containers which even the quite common in the rest of the world would find very few places on a Japanese layout. Also buses, buses, buses, I won't be putting up links for them but suffice to say Sammy's head will nearly spin off his shoulders when he sees the myriad of buses that are coming out, his total lack of interest in the Kato new releases that would have diminished any chance of his wallet having a hole burnt into it akin to a collapsing star has surely been dashed by those asphalt riding wheeled beasts.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10640365

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640310

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640354

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640325

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640322

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640329

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10640330

PS: I lied about adding the links for the buses.

Edited by JR 500系
Fixed some broken links
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, disturbman said:

Also buses, buses, buses, I won't be putting up links for them but suffice to say Sammy's head will nearly spin off his shoulders when he sees the myriad of buses that are coming out, his total lack of interest in the Kato new releases that would have diminished any chance of his wallet having a hole burnt into it akin to a collapsing star has surely been dashed by those asphalt riding wheeled beasts.

HAHAHA Das know me SSSOOOOOO well haha!  🙂

And yes I practically ordered everything on that list, with an additional one more set for that lovely Seiryu Liner since it is so beautiful ~ 

Dang Tomytec knows how to take my money.... fortunately for me, the recent releases has yet to falter my will to stop getting more trains ~  😛

Edited by JR 500系

I do hope these little 'points' things can get me something... I used to have all of them from JB01 till now, but I just cant seem the find the older stack...

20191121_194609.thumb.jpg.e579cb9d5f45b8dacdc92fa3b5b65317.jpg

I believe they are meant to accumulate the points and exchange for something limited edition bus or something?  😛

The January Tomytec release announcements have some interesting items:

- The Bus Collection Volume 28:

• Hino Blue Ribbon City Hybrid non-step (6 items with 2 variations): Hokkaido Chuo, Keisei Bus, Yokohama city, Fujikyu, Shinki, and Nishitetsu
  • Hino HIMR (6 items from 3 body manufacturers):  Toei, Kanto Bus (FHI 7E), Alpico, Nagoya city, Kyoto city, and Hankyu (NSK 58MC)

I believe the HIMR models are all made with new molds

- New Chitose Airport Bus Set A (set of 3): Hokkaido Chuo, Donan, and Hokuto

- Hakone Tozan Evangelion wrapping bus (set of 5): All Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Star MP35 one step (new style)

- Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus Evangelion wrapping bus (set of 2): Aero Ace and Aero Star MP35 one step (new style)

Also, the DCcrafts web site shows that the 2020 Kanagawa Chuo Original set will be released in March with: Isuzu LV with FHI 7E body and Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Star-M (new mold)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Philphil said:

Hey Sammy @JR 500系, do you need another 53 Toei busses for your collection? Because this guy's got 'em! https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/j624558128

Haha you know me well! Thanks Phil!! Let's hope i get lucky!!

7 hours ago, Cat said:

O_o 

You know, you're not helping me decide that maybe getting a 5th Ibaraki Kotsu bus might be too much to use on our layout.

Hey man there's NEVER too much buses in my dictionary 🙂

15 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Hey man there's NEVER too much buses in my dictionary 🙂

In the dictionary, no.  On our train layout, it could happen.
: 3

I did maintain an iron will and did not bid on another Ibaraki Kotsu bus.  Between those and JR Bus Kanto already acquired, and some new Hino Ponchos due to be released by Kato, our bus transit representation should be pretty good.

Next transportation shopping goal: a small fleet of black taxis with just a couple of white ones in the mix.  Between Tomytec and Kato, they want to sell us taxis of every different colour.  Studying Google Street Views around Mito and Katsuta stations, the lines of taxis are all black with a single white one in each line.  Some of the white ones are fancy and have a thin blue stripe down the side.  It will take some patient hunting on Yahoo Auction Japan to build up a fleet like that.

If anyone happens to know of other taxi liveries that might be roaming the streets of Ibaraki, please let me know.

Well I just learned something new! I read a note somewhere for one of my Tomytec Railway Collection Hiroshima trams that said to use the bogie/truck sideframes off of the plastic dummy chassis when powering the tram with a power chassis. My memory was that the bogies on early dummy chassis were simple one-piece plastic castings, with plastic wheelsets that snap into them. It turns out that this model's dummy bogies indeed had removable sideframes with the same attaching pin arrangement as the power unit.

This caused me to go back and check out some other tram models that I had powered earlier. Sure enough, they had re-usable sideframes on the dummy chassis. In one case this let me fix a situation where the dummy tram (and the real full-size one) had a different color (gray or black) sideframe than comes with the power chassis. Good thing I saved the dummy chassis! I have quite a collection of sideframes now, since most power chassis come with three different types.

Rich K.

This is wierd enough.... A advertisement bus with a music chime that gets buried in your brains..... 

And here's someone who made a 1/32 custom model!  😛

If my limited Japanese serves me well, is seems to be an advertisement for recrutiment of jobs or sorts? 

(Finally got my settings to work embedding videos!)

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3

JR, I have a bus question, so I figured who better to ask than you. I was looking through my bus collection and I realized that almost all of my buses are novelty busses. I'd like to pick up some "regular" busses. What would be a roughly contemporary "regular" Tokyo bus? My reference point within Tokyo is Ebisu for no good reason other than that that's where I stayed when I visited. But I guess anywhere in Tokyo would be fine. Do Tomytec even release "regular" busses? Can I wait for a release or should I actively track them down from previous releases?