JR Railpass Size - How do you carry it?

It looks like it will fit in my passport wallet, but I have a feeling by day seven it's going to look like it went though a war zone, so it will match my camera gear perfectly.

TestudoToTetsudo

Looks bigger than something that would fit in those MARC Monthly Pass sleeves but still looks like it'll be easy to keep in a back jeans pocket or a side (not main) pocket of a backpack or laptop bag, so easy to whip out when needed.

Glad it's not more awkwardly shaped..unless they change it again.

Edited by TestudoToTetsudo
It looks like it will fit in my passport wallet, but I have a feeling by day seven it's going to look like it went though a war zone, so it will match my camera gear perfectly.

They probably expect most tourists to just use it to get to and from the airport and a Shinkansen trip to Kyoto and back. I chalked up 3451 km on a seven day pass last year.

• Like 3
TestudoToTetsudo
They probably expect most tourists to just use it to get to and from the airport and a Shinkansen trip to Kyoto and back. I chalked up 3451 km on a seven day pass last year.

Agree with your point Westfalen.  Somehow I don't think the users of this site are the "average" JR Rail Pass purchasers.  :)

The Next Station Is...

I manage to fit my JR Pass into my jeans pocket, needless to say it (like my passport) get a bit battered!

Mine was able to fit in to my neck pouch that holds my passport.It was about 3" taller than my passport. The only thing I don't like is that the plastic sleeve that holds the ticket tore very easily and several other travels encountered the same issue.