Looking for fellow Bay Area modelers

CaptOblivious

This is a great news Serotta! It is always good to find a place where Japanese train modelers can meet.

I miss you guys and our meeting in last September, I do not think that we will visit SF in the near future. :-(

• Like 2

A few more photos from this weekend, I had a great time running with Junior.  I'll probably be back next Saturday, they were very welcoming, and its fun to actually let my longer trains stretch their legs for once!   I'm thinking of bringing the full 16 car set of my 0 and 700 series shinkansens.

post-3846-0-95885800-1486947758_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-57895300-1486947762_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-41337200-1486947765_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-40947000-1486947768_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-15658600-1486947771_thumb.jpgpost-3846-0-90990900-1486947773_thumb.jpg

And I'd be glad to help out again paul, looking forward to the event! 

• Like 6

My Taiwan HST Shinkansen and some new Chinese stuff need an outing. Let me know if you folks are going to Crockett this coming Saturday, February 18, and what time. I may be able to join you.

I used to know some of the members in the Crockett club W-A-A-A-Y many years ago, so this could also be a chance for me to to renew acquaintances.

- Paul

Edited by Railtunes
  • Like 1

Saturday morning works for me too!  I'll probably show up around 10:30 or so, if anyone wants to meet up and run trains!  If people let me know I can bring some donuts too.

• Like 1

Donuts and trains, almost as good as beer and trains!

Wonder what the club members think of the infiltration of the Asian trains?! So nice of them to be so inviting to you all and might strike up a whole new crowd all around! I'm sure the kids coming around will love the bullet trains and painted trains.

Jeff

• Like 1

10:30AM should work! 

Saturday morning works for me too!  I'll probably show up around 10:30 or so, if anyone wants to meet up and run trains!  If people let me know I can bring some donuts too.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be able to join you all in Crockett on Saturday. 

I like maple donuts. I can bring some snacks as well. 

- Paul

• Like 1

This is a great news Serotta! It is always good to find a place where Japanese train modelers can meet.

I miss you guys and our meeting in last September, I do not think that we will visit SF in the near future. :-(

Next time you visit, I will take you on a nice bike ride.  

My Taiwan HST Shinkansen and some new Chinese stuff need an outing. Let me know if you folks are going to Crockett this coming Saturday, February 18, and what time. I may be able to join you.

I used to know some of the members in the Crockett club W-A-A-A-Y many years ago, so this could also be a chance for me to to renew acquaintances.

- Paul

Oooh, would be nice to see the Taiwan HST and some of your other Asian trains.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the EVA 500 would be very popular

yes, please someone bring their EVA 500.  Would be nice to see it in the flesh.  I'm still on the fence about buying one.

• Like 1
nscalestation

Glad to hear that BaNtrak still has their layout together, I have not seen them set up a layout at a show for some time now.

I won't be able to join you guys this Saturday as I have another commitment but as Paul has already mentioned, the annual Hiller Aviation "Planes and Trains" show is coming up soon.   It last a whole week so there will be plenty of available running time.

Hey Brad, join us next time and we'll definitely see you at the Hiller Aviation Museum in April. Yeah, the gentleman at the club said it's been a while since they've done shows.

Nice turnout, nice meeting you Locidm and thanks for bringing out the EVA 500 for its maiden run - beautiful train. Good seeing you Paul and your wonderful collection of Asian trains. And Sam, I hope you got to run your 16 car Shinkansens, would've love to have seen them. I'm down for a monthly meet up. Let's do it again soon. Please post pics. - Junior

• Like 2

It was very nice to meet you Junior, Sam, and Paul. Too bad we couldn't stay longer! Bob's hospitality was also greatly appreciated! The layout is beautiful and I especially like the mountain and tunnel section.

I mostl took videos of trains running so only a couple pics. post-2546-14874538150649_thumb.jpgpost-2546-14874538443454_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
nscalestation

Junior I just realized what your avatar is.  I recently picked up a Tomix 169 series set in Shinano RR colors to go with my 115 series in JR Nagano colors that I was running at the Los Altos setup last fall.  I'll get to try it out next weekend in San Jose and I'll be running both at the Hiller show.

Nice, I got both sets too.  It's a beautiful livery - it kind of reminds me of the current Muni LRV and Caltrain's livery.

Hey there!

I totally fell off this string. I don't gravitate to forums naturally and keep forgetting to check in here. 

I'll try to pay more attention from my Lone Wolf den. hehehe

This might become a regular occurrence and next time I will hit you up on your blog to remind you. :)  But I can see you being pretty busy with your wonderful layout as you seem to be adding something to it on a consistent basis.  

nscalestation

Hey Malcolm,

It seems we definitely have a good informal Japan rail group going in the Bay Area and will be doing something from time to time in the future.  We have the Hiller Show coming up soon and next weekend Paul and I will be at the San Jose Fairgrounds with Peninsula Ntrak.  No AsiaNrail but I will have the Hot Springs Junction module in the Ntrak layout.

Brad 

• Like 1

Hey Malcolm,

It seems we definitely have a good informal Japan rail group going in the Bay Area and will be doing something from time to time in the future.  We have the Hiller Show coming up soon and next weekend Paul and I will be at the San Jose Fairgrounds with Peninsula Ntrak.  No AsiaNrail but I will have the Hot Springs Junction module in the Ntrak layout.

Brad 

I hope to be there on Saturday - it'll be a good distraction for me.

Hello all, I plan to be at the Crockett model train club again this Saturday (Oct 1) to run some Japanese trains.  Among other things, I'll be bringing my 0 and 700 series shinkansens, and also a box of donuts.  I'll be there around 10am, and they are open till noon.  Hope to see some of you there!