A different approach to making layouts

For a while, I've been following YouTube user shinpoSHI: http://www.youtube.com/user/shinpoSHI and his layouts on an alternative reality. It sometimes looks like some bashed-together fantasy, but the complete image is very detailed and elaborate, with little stories in between.

This is his most recent video on a rebuild of a Tomytec Moving Bus into a towing truck and a small layout he built around it.

The videos below depict his main layout (essentially a small circle on a 900 x 600mm board) and was featured in RM Models magazine #190. Very inspiring and has a very nice and dreamy atmosphere to it.

• Like 4

Excellent detail work there! Especially like the ivy on the stone walls. Vintage trains sign was also cute. Nice use of the markka wrecker boom with the bus mech,

Thanks

Jeff

Glad to see this person being to taste with everyone! Also, I made a small mistake (or rather an incompleteness) in the opening post: his layout is actually featured in RM Models #210. His previous project is in #190.

I'm not sure what that is in the second video (a bridge with a gun battery? an island with a conning tower?) but it's a very impressive model, and while clearly fantasy it conveys a look of realism at the same time.  That alone is quite an accomplishment.

The rest of the models are very good.  And converting the bus motor to be an industrial tow truck is sheer genius.

I'm impressed.

It kind of reminds me of Spirited Away in a sense of you have a rather large area, like the bridge and factory and everything else, compacted into a very small space. It certainly gives me Miyazaki vibes.