New source for Japanese items

dottney

I'd like to inform forum readers that a hobby shop in East Rochester, NY has acquired a lot of N scale Japanese models. Many of the kits and sets are out of production items from Tomix, Kato and MicroAce. The shop is getting inventory up on a web site as quickly as it can. Many items are singles and are not able to be restocked. All are new old stock. They will work with customers to get the least expensive shipping when multiple items are ordered. I suggest looking at the web site store and then calling them to complete an order.

Look in N gauge Sets for many Tomix &Kato sets.

More inventory is arriving from the source each day and they are entering data as fast as they can, so check back every couple of days. Pricing is very competitive with domestic and Japanese suppliers.

Here is the link to the web site

http://stores.djunction.com/StoreFront.bok

Dave

Edited by dottney
  • Like 1

Thanks dave, some good prices, but shipping is not cheap. i called to see if they could do any better and they say they just use what the web system spits out. was like 3x what the priority mail shipping would be. adding a loco bumped the shipping up like $7 still was able to get something oos most places at an okd price with the shipping.

wonder if this was the last of mokei's stock? he had quite a list of one ofs going back quite a ways.

cheers,

jeff

Ok there was a mistake in data entry thus generating expensive shipping costs. This will be fixed by the end of this weekend. The owner has informed the staff so they're aware of the problem.

Shipping will be by order amount

$25- $5.95

$50- $8.95

$100- $10.95

$200- $15.95

$250 & up- free shipping

Again if you have questions call them directly. They're just getting started with the online store and working to fix any problems ASAP.

As Jeff noted the prices rue pretty good.

Dave

Dave,

thanks for doing this. I thought something might be amiss thats why i called them to ask why the shipping was like 3x what priority mail should be, but the guy said thats the price and we use that to do any phone orders. guess it was not the owner he did not seem to want to ask questions or confirm with anyone.

prices are like 15-30% off japanese list mostly. some old and unique things there! the selection looked a lot like the last mokei odds and end list he sent out just before he finally closed down so thats why i suspected it was his stock. he seemed to pick up one of a lot of japanese trains for some reason. the list would go out every quarter and it changed little so either stuff was not selling or he replaces things sold, but some were pretty old.

jeff

Jeff,

There's more coming all the time. Not sure who mokei is but this stuff is from another business the owner bought out. The japanese stuff is only one part of stock. Watch for British & European stuff in HO & N to show up on the site. Note sure what the plan for the American stuff is.

Dave

just a followup i did call them and they did get the order (they dont do an auto email right now after an order) and they corrected the shipping to $9.95, so not exactly the scale above. i just checked the site with another $50 loco and it came up with a shipping of $11.95 on the site to my zip code and a $60 loco was $16.95... so its looking like the shipping is not all worked out yet or may be different from what you were told dave. 

Getting a new commerce site and the shipping calculation system set up is not fun! with shipping there are a lot of if its tuesday situations to deal with. lots and lots of testing needed...

jeff

Ok there was a mistake in data entry thus generating expensive shipping costs. This will be fixed by the end of this weekend. The owner has informed the staff so they're aware of the problem. Shipping will be by order amount $25- $5.95 $50- $8.95 $100- $10.95 $200- $15.95 $250 & up- free shipping Again if you have questions call them directly. They're just getting started with the online store and working to fix any problems ASAP. As Jeff noted the prices rue pretty good. Dave

Hello Mr dottney,

Are you owner of Despatch Junction?

These prices are very good. I am surprised that they are carrying so many Japanese model trains....great for us in the USA.

OK full disclosure here.  I am not the owner of the store.  I have been contracted to assist in pricing and posting on the website a lot of stock that has come from the purchase of another hobby operation.  This store is a well establish brick and mortar hobby shop specializing model railroading (note its in an historic railroad building in East Rochester, NY on the CSX mainline).

Yes I am being paid but not a commission on sales. I make suggestions about pricing and shipping policies but the owner has the final say in all matters.  I do not have anything to do with orders, packaging, shipping or generally answering questions.  I did address the shipping rate problem noted by Jeff as that fell in the area I am working on. If you have questions about an order please call the store.

Every effort is being made to depict the stock accurately and to price it competitively.  All stock listed in N scale so far is new.  Many items may be out of production.  If an item is listed on the website it is in stock now.  If an item is sold out it automatically is removed from display.  Because many items are out of production they can not be restocked so if you see something you'd like I would suggest ordering it right away.

More stuff comes in every day from this acquisition.  There's a lot of sorting and research to do so more items will be appearing on the website over the course of time.  I know for a fact that there will be some European and British prototype stock in N, HO and OO scales listed soon (that's what I've be tasked with next). There will also be more Japanese prototype stock listed as we get it sorted.   Again all new and some out of production.

Finally, I am a model railroader and modeler.  This work on the store's web site is an extension of my hobby.  If you are in the Rochester, NY area you should try to get in to the store.  Its chocked full of new stuff, used stuff and out of production stuff in all scales.  You can also do some comfortable train watching from inside the store or outside.

I hope this answers any questions about my involvement with this store.

Dave

Edited by dottney
  • Like 4

Hello Mr dottney,

Thank you for contacting me about shipping.

So sorry to be an inconvenience, but I shall source Tomix 2929 locally or wait for Tomix to release again.

Dave,

thanks for all the info, great to be clear about it all when selling stuff! thanks for posting all this and getting the shipping fixed up.

jeff

No problem E6, international shipping is pricey.

Jeff glad to make everything clear.  I stopped by the shop this morning to drop off a box of OO scale Hornby stuff I just got up on the page.  Stan said your order has gone out. 

I swear this Japanese stuff is like rabbits, more keeps showing up.  So I'll be doing more of that stuff in week or so.  I'll be working on European stuff in HO and N (Roco & Fleischmann)for the next couple of days so if that interests you take a peek at the site in a day or so.

Dave

Just a quick update. There's more Japanese n scale on the site now. Also a bunch of British stuff in n scale too.

Dave

There will be some Japanese HO & N scale buildings , Greenmax if I remember correctly, coming online later this week. Also if you're into European prototype there is more of that posted. Check the Specials link-bigger discounts on some items and big discounts on some items that need some TLC to get working correctly

There's a bit more on the site now, mainly some GM buildings.

I'll be working on putting some Kato passenger sets (main sets and add on sets) in the next couple of days.  Christmas is slowing me down a bit with family obligations and such.  I'll be sure to post here when additional items are loaded on the site.

Have a great Christmas guys.

Happy New Year guys.  Here are the lastest listings on the djunction.com site.  I'm off to pick up some more stuff today to list.

As always consult the web site and contact the store.

Dave

price combined description $50 Kato 10-362 103 Series Electric local 4 coach set $170 Kato 10-358 E351 'Super Azusa' Express Basic 8-Car Set $70 Kato 10-380 JNR Series 80 Semi Express 'Tokai/Hiei' Add-On 4-Car Set $70 Kato 10-383 500 Series Nozomi (5-Cars Add-on Set) $130 Kato 10-385 Series 281 `Haruka` (6-Car Set $140 Kato 10-386 Series 285-0 Sunrise Express (JR West Ver.) (7-Car Set) $125 Kato 10-393 Series 157 `Amagi` (Basic 7-Car Set) $110 Kato 10-398 Series 700 Shinkansen `Nozomi` (Add-on 8-Car Set) $110 Kato 10-401 Series Kiha85 `Wide View Hida` (Basic 5-Car Set)   

Here's another batch.  Please watch for ai9nfo about the site.  The owner informed me that the web hosting company the store has been using has been sold to another web hosting company.  If there is a change in the Despatch Junction web address I'll post it here as soon as I find out.  For right now the site is still at djunction.com

Dave

price combined description $120 Kato 10-325 Kiha 81 (7 Cars Set) $120 Kato 10-337 583 Series electric sleeping car (7 car set) $120 Kato 10-370 201 Series (Chuo-Line color-6 car set) $140 Kato 10-379 JNR 80 Series Semi Express 'Tokai/Hiei' Basic 7-Car Set $140 Kato 10-397 Series 700 Nozomi (Basic 8-Car Set) $120 Kato 10-408 Series 253 `Narita Express` (Basic 6-Car Set) $140 Kato 10-410 Series 855 `Shiroi Kamome` (White Seagull) (6-Car Set)  $100 Kato 10-415 Series 205 Keihanshin Local Train Color (7-Car Set) $120 Kato 10-417 Series 415-100 J.N.R. Color $120 Kato 10-426 Series 189 Azusa Ner Color (Basic 7-Car Set) $50 Kato 10-427 Series 189 Azusa New Color (Add-On 4-Car Set) 

The store is in the midst of an online store software change. I don't think you can access the site right now. If you have a question about an order please call 585-385-5570 or email djunction100@gmail.com

Hopefully the site will be back up this week.

The site comes up now. It can be reached by typing in djunction.com as before. The new format will need some tweaking but it all seems to be working. Again if you have questions email or call the store, particularly if you are ordering from outside the US lower 48 states.