New and Expectant Fathers

CaptOblivious

CaptOblivious

So, I've heard mention now that at least two of y'all are expecting! So I thought, what the hell, here's a thread to boast and post photos.

My daughter Acadia turns 9mos today (b. 6 July 2008). A very exciting time in my life. She notices the trains when I run them now, and is entranced. We're thinking about getting her some Pla-Rail already…

and just as soon as my wife uploads them, I'm going to post a pic or two here :D

So, who else?

I've got no pics as of yet unless you want to see scans! :-\

My other pride and joy is my 'first born'  - we'll his a Daschund named Bongo and he was our first addition to the family

Hope this still qualifies for this thread! ;D

post-130-13569922494051_thumb.jpg

alpineaustralia

We are still on course for a late July delivery matey.

Starting to get nervous now.

So, I've heard mention now that at least two of y'all are expecting! So I thought, what the hell, here's a thread to boast and post photos.

My daughter Acadia turns 9mos today (b. 6 July 2008). A very exciting time in my life. She notices the trains when I run them now, and is entranced. We're thinking about getting her some Pla-Rail already…

and just as soon as my wife uploads them, I'm going to post a pic or two here :D

So, who else?

Congrats on the  b-day. cloesest thing to a kid I have is a 15 year old house cat that likes to bite everyone.

Martijn Meerts

closest thing to a kid I have is my mind, which is stuck at around 10-12 years old ;)

figured i'd post that i'm new here but also expecting :)  our daughter Abigail Lynn should be here soon... just waiting on FedEx to drop her off :) lol

figured i'd post that i'm new here but also expecting :)  our daughter Abigail Lynn should be here soon... just waiting on FedEx to drop her off :) lol

Guzman - First off, Welcome to the JNS forum and next, that's one way to avoid labor pains.

What is her due date if you mind me asking?

I've got no pics as of yet unless you want to see scans! :-\

My other pride and joy is my 'first born'  - we'll his a Daschund named Bongo and he was our first addition to the family

Hope this still qualifies for this thread! ;D

Chris - Anything new Baby wise?

Just found this topic,

You new fathers are in for a wonderful and wacky ride.  My own Daughter Miranda (2yrs now) is fantastic and fatherhood just seems to get better and better!

A bit of advice, I even got a lot of modelling done (actually I painted a 15mm Carthaginian Army) when M was a wee one, would take her out onto the deck, Mum would sleep, M would snooze in her chair and I'd paint.  So look after your wee one as much as you can, and sometimes they'll reward you with some piece and quite to get a little modelling done!

G

Hello,

My first son Frederik was born on 04.09.2009. His weight was 3640g and his height 53cm. Mami and baby are both ok and will be released from hospital soon. I just assembled the baby bed so all is ready for them.

Greetings,

Railzilla

Hello,

My first son Frederik was born on 04.09.2009. His weight was 3640g and his height 53cm. Mami and baby are both ok and will be released from hospital soon. I just assembled the baby bed so all is ready for them.

Greetings,

Railzilla

Congratulations! Is this your first child? A neighbor of mind had his 18 month granddaughter for a week. The baby eats everything, fish, veggies, meat, I mean everything, not a fussy eater at all (unlike myself) :grin

CaptOblivious

Congratulations and happy fathers day mate.

Is it father's day in other parts of the world apart from Australia?

Fathers' day in the US was back in June. I forget the rule for calculating it, but it's usually towards the end of June.

Darren Jeffries

Congratulations and happy fathers day mate.

Is it father's day in other parts of the world apart from Australia?

Fathers' day in the US was back in June. I forget the rule for calculating it, but it's usually towards the end of June.

June in the UK too I think. Alpine, how is the sporting morale down under? (cough, cough, "Ashes", cough)

Congratulations! Glad to hear everyone's doing well...

I'm so sorry - I completely forgot about this thread!!

Yes - we had our little girl - her name is Lily.

She is 11 weeks old and all is going well. Have not got any pics too download just yet.

She has already been introduced to JR - she just stares blankly as the Shinkansens whiz by but she did like the Dr Yellow one and actually watched it go right around the new layout - which I also have not introduced to you guys just yet!! I'll do that soon.

Congratulations!

Speaking of diapers--someday we'll embarrass Anders with the story of how he destroyed the lampshade on the far side of the room during a diaper change. :-P Six-plus years later, we still jokingly repeat the sound I made as a code-word for disgust--"Waaaaaaaauuuuuuuhhhhhhh!!!!"

Hoping you avoid that fate....