Sign in to follow this  
miyakoji

Saga Arashiyama Diorama Kyoto

miyakoji

There's a very large layout in a building next to JRW's Saga Arashiyama station where D51 1 is on static display. Amongst many interesting sights and activities are the cabs of EF66 59 and EF66 54, which have their controls tied into the layout; visitors can then drive one of the models. This video is by YT uploader shuuuji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-IlVmTKvb4

http://www.sagano-kanko.co.jp/dioramakj/

• Like 3

cteno4

Very fun!

We need to make a cab for the JRM layout we could make a fortune at train shows!

Jeff

JR 500系

Now this is FUN!

Thanks for the video and link miyakoji!

I HAVE TO go to one of these train shows the next time i go Japan! It's also interesting to see a lady at a train show driving trains!

I'm loving the extreme layout size, and the overhead pesdestrain bridge that allows people to stand on and view the trains from a bird's eye view!

cteno4

jr you can rent your own layout complete with train video and cab simulation for your own private party. a couple of places have pretty good sized portable layouts that they will set up at your party and cabs with 24" screens for driving trains. of course its usually for a kids bday party! i think it started around $1200 to rent one for a day.

cheers

jeff

miyakoji

correction, Wikipedia says it's D51 51 outside this station, not D51 1. That's at Umekoji.

KenS
Very fun! We need to make a cab for the JRM layout we could make a fortune at train shows! Jeff

Y'know, money aside, a simple mock-up cab with one of the big Tomix throttles, coupled with a train with onboard camera and a small monitor would be a great way to get kids excited about trains (not that they aren't already excited, but every little bit helps).

Something else to put on the infinite to-do list for my layout. :-)