Unitrack 20-184

bill937ca

I have used Anyrail for sometime to plan Tomix and Tomix Widetram layouts.  Since I tried out Unitram and liked it I decided to try Unitrack. and use Anyrail to plan a small oval.

Yesterday I received my Unitrack order that I planned with Anyrail and immediately found I did not have enough track for the oval and too much of another piece of track. The principle reason is that the 20-184 easement curve is presented as a 22.5 degree curve when it is the same size 20-183 45 degree curve.

According to Anyrail you need five pieces of track: 2 x 22.5 degrees plus x 3 45 degrees for a 180 degree curve.

It actually takes four pieces to do a 180 degree curve, two 20-184 easement curves and two 20-183 45 degree super-elevated curves.  I have put the track together and taken it apart to confirm this.

Kato does not call the 20-184 easement curve 22.5 degrees on the packaging. I think the 22.5 comes one half of the 20-184 piece, but the 20-184 itself is actually 45 degrees.

I have had to place another order and pay another shipping charge because of this wrongly documented piece of track. I am tired of waiting and want to run trains again.

In the past requests for additions to the Tomix track date base Anyrail have gone unanswered, so I am not going to contact Anyrail. I did not buy Anyrail version 5 and I will not. I would not recommend going beyond the free version.  But I would also suggest by using the free version you are getting what you pay for.

If I have this much grief with a small oval, imagine what a full layout could be like. 

Edited by bill937ca
Krackel Hopper

You only need the easement curves to connect the straight track to superelevated curves.

To make 180 degrees you need one easement package (20-184) and three pieces of (20-183) which come two in a pack.

The easement curve package is a 22.5 degree left and a 22.5 degree right.. plus three 45 degree superelevated curves, and you have your 180 degrees.

Creating a full circle, you need two packs of easement curves, and 3 packs of superelevated track.

Anyrail shows the 22.5 degree left and 22.5 degree right as individual pieces.. but they are sold as a single package from Kato.

So it is 5 pieces, the two 22.5 degree easement curves, and three 45 degree superelevated cuves inbetween.

Edited by Krackel Hopper
  • Like 1

Thanks Krackel Hopper.  So I did order the correct amount of track.  I've never had two pieces of track attached into a single piece of track a single package.

Edited by bill937ca