Tsugawa Yokou

Tyler B

Hi, I'm not familiar with the Japanese brands, but there's a cute tiny N gauge loco for sale on UK eBay whose manufacturer is listed as 'Tsugawa Yokou'

description below copied and pasted from the eBay ad

Item: Train Model N Scale Powered Chassis

Super Mini Size Locomotive Type DEKI 3 Red Choshi Railway

Manufacturer: Tsugawa Yokou Condition: Brand new / Factory sealed Remark: Locomotive is motorized and will run on a N scale track
Size is approx. Length 28 x Width 18.5 x Height 31 mm

Locomotive DEKI 3 is a German made locomotive which was purchased by Choshi Railway in Japan on 1941. This locomotive originally made is debut on 1922 in Germany

Can anyone tell me anything about this brand and model? It's a well known and reputable eBay shop, I really fancy getting one but don't want any nasty surprises, like finding it runs on a different voltage or something...

Tyler

It's this little guy

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10102726

The tiny tgw mech is pretty good. The biggest problem with these tiny locos is they can really jump when going thru point frogs and can loose contact on insulated frogs an stall at slow speeds on them.

Plazajapan is a very tried and true ebay seller.

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Hello Tyler B

Tsugawa is a japanese brand they produce some little locos and scenic items, you can find tsugawa items on the Hobby search website.

I view this E-Bay shop since some weeks, they offer much japanese trains from Kato and Tomix etc.

but i thing all these items from this E-Bay shop are to much expensive.

JGSDF ( Michael )

Plazajapan is usually about 5% under list or right at list price. Shipping can be a bit higher than hs, usually only gets bad with larger orders and combined shipping.

On this one list is $72, $65 at hs and $69 at plazajapan.

Jeff

Hi Tyler B

I have this Choshi Deki in Black - a friend of mine has the Red one  - also have 2 other Tsugawa MOW motors and they run great.  Don't run more than 2 to 3 freight cars, or the Choshi Electric Railway Hafu1 / Hafu2 (Seibu Akaden Color) passenger cars behind the Deki and my friend and I have had no problems with either trains going through switches. I use Kato track and he uses Tomix.  Bought my Tsugawa's from HS but I also buy from Plaza Japan on ebay whichever is the best deal. 

Pomu