Ever have one of those days...

Davo Dentetsu

Davo Dentetsu

...when you think Tijuana Taxi should be your own life theme tune?

I did the other day.

• Like 1

ha, at least it didnt sit on anyone picking their nose! there was an o scale video like that.

love human hand from the n scale perspective!

jeff

Spaceman Spiff

Lol, this hobby can be so frustrating at times.

Spiff

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Haha funny video! I like it!

Yes it's frustrating why the trailer keeps derailing or the coupler keeps disconnecting when you thought everything is fine... Happens to me too...

Coupler problem? Or is the EF-66 running to fast?

I like the layout! Very nice mountain scenry and tunnels! Watch out for the giant finger though...

Don't throw the poor wagon... It's innocent... Trying to put back a wagon that has derailed without using the actual derailer piece will be pretty hard to get it right on track... Whenever mine derails, i always make it a point to put it back on track by disconnecting the derailed carriage and anything infront/ behind it, and start all over again placing them back on track using the derailer... Tedious, but helps to get the carriages right where you want them... Luckily for me, i do not have 16 car shinkansens... Imagine car 8 derails~~~

Davo Dentetsu

Well normally I have very little issue on using a rerailer.  But that wagon did have substandard axles of dubious quality.  The coupler actually lost their springs I found out later, but then again they weren't important in the scheme of things.

There was a test done later in the day with a DD40X Centennial on the curved bridge.  It got jammed and so the bridge has been promptly removed for a more improved banking and gentler curve.  Funny that... ;)

Yep, i have had days like that at shows....and yes we had an incident last year where not one, but TWO Shinkansesns got derailed (My 700 and another guy's 800)...caused by a derailment on the blue line.....

....twas not pretty and we advised the blue runner that both of our trains were packed with injury lawyers...... :toothy12:

Edited by John k

yeah we have those wrecks at shows with the club layout. one derails before anyone notices and the other comes around and slam! great crowd pleaser!

all you can do is laugh and put them back on the train and get running again! getting mad at the trains doesnt do any good. then take it as a challenge to fix the issue if it keeps happening. when you do it then feels good!

jeff

Well what I did see ti looks like a nice layout.....actually all the derailments made you video memorable.

ha, at least it didnt sit on anyone picking their nose! there was an o scale video like that.

love human hand from the n scale perspective!

jeff

I suddenly want to see this, it sounds hilarious

it was a few years back and it came around in an email on one of the train groups and i cant find the link. o scale group event and train came around and stopped at one point and there was an old guy standing there in his full lionel engineer's uniform happily picking away! dont know if the person running the train stopped it on purpose to get the shot or it was just a luck to stop there for some reason and they noticed the mining operation later when editing! i mean who suspects the train is going to have a camera on it! but i guess he was probably in view of others as well next to the layout, but was still hilarious as he looked like he thought he was being so sly!

jeff

Davo Dentetsu
I suddenly want to see this, it sounds hilarious

1352229868309.gif

Why in the heck?!??  :D

I wonder if he ever found what he was looking for, cteno4. ;)

Sure, lovely looking layout.  It's been out of action for a while with the new revised sections, so it was just rather frustrating not to have good luck before it went offline for more electrical opportunities.  :(