Details...

JGSDF

...or sometimes i think i am to old for those little things.

Today i detailling my EF500 with the original detail parts from KATO

and i need nearly two hours ( for one side ) to finished my EF500 .

And i am not really satisfied with my work ( see the yellow circles on the foto ).

I was not drunken, i am not a blind man,  i am only 55 years old !

How long you need for detailling a Loco ?

JGSDF ( Michael )

post-414-0-48991100-1367081297_thumb.jpg

CaptOblivious

I have excellent eyesight, a steady hand, good tools, patience and youth on my side. It takes me forever, and my results are pretty much like yours. At least you didn't break anything!

Practice, practice, practice I think. I just postpone the detailing of trains, but sometime I have to do this. I once detailed an H0 loco, but N is so small!

Claude_Dreyfus

By coincidence I added the detailing parts to my Kato EH500 this week as well!

Looking at the picture, I can immediately see the roof detail has some flash still on it...you may need to give that a bit of trim. Likewise for the front handrail... The plastic is very soft and gets very bendy.

Fitting these parts is really fiddly and I'm not suprised it took a while...I did mine over the course of two evenings, as well as changing a coupling...a *%# of a job!

Thing is, I have an H0 one to get around to...that has a ton of bits!

When I'm putting on detail parts I use fine sprue nippers, sharp blades, sanding sticks, tweezers, pin vice and number drills, an optivisor or magnifying lamp, and plenty of bright desk lamps.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by marknewton

I have to put these fiddly little things on my EF210. It's going to be a nightmare I bet with how much my hands shake.

I figure this is a good place to ask as well, rather than making a new thread. I am sticking the running numbers onto my EF210 and I don't understand how to do it properly. I went with EF210-131 as my numbers. The sticker sheet came with 3 'EF210-131' stickers and 2 'EF210-131T' stickers.

I thought it would have come with 4 of the first stickers, 1 for each end and 1 on each side. What does the T mean and where am I supposed to put those ones?

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm wondering and it doesn't seem worth a whole new thread for a single question.

Edited by Tomo Takino

Hello all,

thank you all your comments,

what have i learned from your answers ?

Practice, practice, practice that  is very importend i think and a selection good and different  tools also.

An optivisor or magnifying lamp, and plenty of bright desk lamps, that is what i did not have.

And least, do not use the macro function of your camera, if you are not sure that your

work is perfect.

JGSDF ( Michael  )