Bridging ideas?

I have these 4pcs of tracks that needs to be elevated by some sort of bridge but cant have a wide footing since there are tracks below.

From left to right:

20-120 - 20-000 - 20-150 and 20-010

I was thinking if I could use a viaduct section for the 20-120 curve, then a truss bridge for the 20-000, no solution yet for the 20-150 and maybe a plate girder bridge for the 20-010. 

Or a custom bridge design for the 4 of them.

Height of tracks would be 2.5" from ground level.

Seeking for any advice...........

Mardon

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t515/macdon2/elevatedlayoutbridge_zps603bde58.jpg

post-1282-0-11322800-1366783082_thumb.jpg

CaptOblivious

Tomix sells offset viaduct supports for just these kinds of situations. I imagine you could scratch-build something for your Kato track (that is Kato, yes?) without too much trouble. Just use some styrene I-beams, perhaps—place the pylons where they will fit, and bridge them with I-beams, and place your track atop those.

.mardon,

A very simple but effective viaduct support can be made with the lamination of (from bottom to top) 3/16" Masonite (or could use luan ply), 3/16" foam core and Formica (could use 040" styrene). This makes a structure the Sam thickness as the kato viaduct plates and the foam core layer is at the spot where the kato viaduct wall pegs can be inserted. You could cut to curves, etc for your design and the glue 020 styrene walls along the edge.

Supports could easily (for you!) be made ou of wood or rectangular styrene tube like the capt notes to do needed offset supports.

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Thanks Capt and Jeff!

I didnt know that Tomix makes an offset viaduct supports - I will look into that.

Jeff - good idea buddy, thanks! 

Mardon