E655 Nagomi

domino

Hey all

I just received my E655 today, man it is a beauty, think this is going to be my favorit train from now on.

Brian

• Like 1
Post some pictures please!
First pic and first run, it accurred to me that it is a bit noisy for at KATO model ??

Brian

My Kato 231-500 also is a bit noisy, out of the box it was fine but some time later it started making a bit of noise. I think the motor/bogies are a bit dirty, but I don't know how to clean that.

???

How do i attach pic in this forum, first time for me in the new forum ??

Brian

When you reply, click on More Reply Options and you will be able to click on the Choose File button.

When you reply, click on More Reply Options and you will be able to click on the Choose File button.

Great thanks

Brian

post-130-0-80503100-1366829615_thumb.jpg

post-130-0-84272500-1366829644_thumb.jpg

post-130-0-09740700-1366829667_thumb.jpg

post-130-0-37652900-1366829686_thumb.jpg

post-130-0-38328200-1366829705_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice! Thanks for the pictures Brian!

The Nagomi looks great ~ The dark brown is really elegant ~ Especially love the Green JR East logo at the head... Beautiful.. Believe it will look even better with interior lights fitted inside~~

• Like 1

On a related note... I have never seen pictures of the interior of the train.... I just spent the last half hour scouring the internet in both languages for something and can't anything! I know the train has been used in revenue service so there's bound to be some pictures....

Anyone else have more success than me?

All of the Kato E655 Nagomi that I have seen are quite noisy.  When I complained at my shop, we tried 3 different motor cars and they were all the same.

Anyway, no photos, but I have seen several videos of the interior.

• Like 2

So! That's why it's called Emperor Train for a reason!

It's really elegant... I saw the carriage that the Emperor was in, is it  special carriage just for the Emperor? I saw the emblem on the carriage that symbolises the Emperor... Also, cant find that particular carriage on the train model...

Stop it guys... I'm getting really poisoned... :sad1:

Possibly a noisy batch of motors.

The Imperial car itself is not available as part of the set.  Kato has not been given permission for reproduction of the Imperial car for security and other reasons.  I have seen someone kitbash one though.

The Chrysanthemum emblem, along with the flags at the front of the train are removable and are not mounted when the Imperial family are not riding the train.

Received mine months ago after 1st reservation - runs smooth and quiet.  Although it looks brown in the case - the true deep purple color can be seen under different and natural lighting.  Truly a "beautiful" model by Kato.  Definately a Joyfull Train! and hopefully Kato will be able to produce the Emperor car in the future to fill the empty space in the case and make it the Emperor Train it is.  Have placed a "waiting list" email at HS for the Emperor's flags in anticipation.

angusmclean

Second video on VJM's post looks like the Emperor's window on the previous train. Would that be correct?

Angus

i do love how the color changes with light. thought it would be fun to do a bunch rgb leds along strategic spots and play with the color balance of the white light to accent this at good view points on a layout. 

it truly is a joyful train, really love it.

lots of info over on that other thread as well.

jeff

Second video on VJM's post looks like the Emperor's window on the previous train. Would that be correct?

Angus

IIRC, the previous train has an enlarged square shaped window at the centre of the carriage.  The windows on the Imperial car here in the E655 are rectangular.

I just got mine in the mail today. Planning to test run it later and report on the noise... That said, it is a beautiful train... JR East and Kato really outdid themselves...

Yes.  I installed both FL12 (cab light) and EM13 (motor) decoders in mine, along with the V2 LED interior lights (it's designed for the V2 set).  I did not install the FR11 lighting decoders (I never do; they aren't needed unless you wan to be able to turn the interior lights off for some reason, and I can't see paying an extra hundred dollars or so for just that).

• Like 1
Yes.  I installed both FL12 (cab light) and EM13 (motor) decoders in mine, along with the V2 LED interior lights (it's designed for the V2 set).  I did not install the FR11 lighting decoders (I never do; they aren't needed unless you wan to be able to turn the interior lights off for some reason, and I can't see paying an extra hundred dollars or so for just that).

Ditto.

I don't know how to justify it turning up on a backwater JNR branchline in the 1960's but it won't the last thing I buy that doesn't fit into my modelling era.

Ok with Nariichi's help i found where to get the imperial chrysanthemum logos. etched brass 1/700 ones for warship models! $7 shipped in the us for a set, tad more worldwide from france.

http://www.larsenal-usa.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=193

or from france for outside usa http://www.larsenal.com/GB/

you get 7 different sizes from 2.9-1.5mm and 4 of each size. the 2.2 looks about right for the sides of the car and the 2.4 for the head piece. make your own flags. looking like white plastic garbage bag may be the best for the flag material to actually have a little flex. micro ace c56 imperial loco had flexible flags like this.

cheers

jeff