Shinkansen rooftop fighting

I just stumbled on the trailer of an Nth X-Men sequel: The Wolverine.

A large part of the story seems to happen in Japan and it made me smile when I saw two characters fighting on what seems to be an E6 Komachi Shinkansen. :-D

The part is short and start at 1:50.

Next time I'm going in Japan,I will look the train with the claws marks on the roof! ;-)

Edited by Tecchan

Nä, colors are wrong for it to be a E6 Komachi. The roof should be red and the line something like grey or violet.

Edited by disturbman

Yes, i do believe it's not E6... It's not even close to E3, as E3's roof is grey.. It looks more like a N700 with red stripe livery~

Hello Mr Tecchan,

I believe the scene is shot in a studio.  It appears to be superimposed onto footage of the 800 series JR Kyushu Shinkansen.  For this reason the red roof of the 800 series has been substituted with white.  Just my guess.

• Like 1
Hello Mr Tecchan,

I believe the scene is shot in a studio.  It appears to be superimposed onto footage of the 800 series JR Kyushu Shinkansen.  For this reason the red roof of the 800 series has been substituted with white.  Just my guess.

That is very similar to what I suspect.  A blue screen was used.  The fight was filmed in a studio and the train was superimposed on the fight scene.  The red roof could be handled in one of two ways.  Paint it out with water based paints that would wash off, probably after going through the train washer. Or white out the roof during pre-edit or post-edit.

Yes, I ment E3 sorry. The E6 keeps being on my ming as I'm waiting for the Tomix model.

To be honest, I don't really care what model this is, I just found the anecdote funny. Keep it cool guys. ;-)

And what do you mean it is shot in a studio? Does it mean not everything we see on TV is real? I had a clue when I saw that Leo guy being a master in exploring dreams a couple years ago when I clearly saw him die on the Titanic way before…  :)

• Like 1

I agree with JR500, I think it's a 700 or N700 and they turned the usual blue stripe to red using the computer.

Consider also that at such a speed one would be blown off the roof ... unless one is a superhero ... :)

I prefer Mr Tecchan's attitude.  Perhaps they are still chasing those guys from Oceans 13. :dontknow:

And what do you mean it is shot in a studio? Does it mean not everything we see on TV is real? I had a clue when I saw that Leo guy being a master in exploring dreams a couple years ago when I clearly saw him die on the Titanic way before…  :)

You don't think they actually fight on top of a train do you?    :)   Here is an explanation of how its done.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/blue-screen2.htm

http://blog.unem.de/en/bluescreen-studio/

:)

bikkuri bahn
It is also interesting how the power line is often not over the train ... :)

Reminds me of the Mission Impossible (?) scene where a TGV runs without any semblance of the same. Couldn't have a helicopter swoop in if there was one, I guess.

You don't think they actually fight on top of a train do you?    :)   Here is an explanation of how its done.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/blue-screen2.htm

http://blog.unem.de/en/bluescreen-studio/

:)

I tried to be sarcastic but apparently it wasn't enough. :-D

No, of course I don't think it was really on the top of a moving train. Like I don't really think Hugh Jackman has 50 centimeters retractable claws in his forearms.

The video made me smile because it was on the top of a Shinkansen, that's all. I don't care what model it is and I don't care if it's realistic (spoiler altert: it's not).

It was just a funny reference and I thought I'd share it here, period.  :)