Darren Jeffries

British N Scale resources and manufacturers

Kiran

I am finally getting around to figuring out my UK train collection. I am glad to see both Graham Farish and Dapol getting into producing more N scale passenger trains, especially DMUs. In addition to Virgin Pendolino and Class125 (with class 43 locos), I have the following on order:

CLASS 170/3 170308 SOUTH WEST TRAINS 2-CAR DMU
By Graham Farish 

Class 121 020 Chiltern Railways Blue 

Class 101 2-Car DMU BR Blue & Grey DCC Sound
Class 150/2 2-Car DMU 150236 Arriva Trains Wales (Revised) DCC Sound

Class 142 Pacer Mock Great Western Chocolate & Cream 2 Car DMU No.142022

Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green (Great Western Lettering) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6671

Class 153 153302 Wessex Trains Black/Gold DCC Fitted
Class 153 153323 Arriva Trains DCC FITTED

Class 450 4-Car EMU No. 450073 in South West Trains livery

What I really want is Class 165 or 166 in FGW or GWR livery. I used to take those from Reading to Maidenhead to get to work.

P.S: I guess Revolution Trains need to be added to the list of manufacturers in the first post.

Welshbloke

You may or may not be impressed with the Pacer. I know I wouldn't have been happy paying full price for one. The windows aren't deep enough and it looks drastically overscale compared to my other Dapol DMUs. Mine was an impulse buy for £50 in pretty much unused mint condition.

What's annoying is that they spent ten years developing it and were warned about these errors when they unveiled the very first set of CAD drawings. They completely ignored the advice, when even a quick comparison of the side view to a photograph of the real thing would have proven the fault...