Hobby Search no longer offering 20% discount

hectorton

Was just looking through Hobby Search website and noticed that they are only offering 10% discount on their merchandise. Is it my imagination or are they no longer offering 20%?

Hectorton,

HS has been slowly reducing their discount. Not the deal they use to be! Luckily loco1 and fmodels are here to fill the gap!

Jeff

Edited by cteno4

Had not noticed. Won't be ordering from them but will definitely continue to reference their website. Hector

Hello Mr hectorton,

The member "keitaro" has started his own on-line shop just recently.  Contact him for your purchases.  I believe he is offering a good price

Loco1Hobby

He doesn't have many products up yet.  If you tell him what you want, he will add it to the website.

I think his business is only a couple of weeks old, but he is amongst the cheapest, even for locals.

Mudkip Orange
Was just looking through Hobby Search website and noticed that they are only offering 10% discount on their merchandise. Is it my imagination or are they no longer offering 20%?

The second Shinzo Abe administration has taken a very firm stance against deflation, which has wiped out about four years' worth of gains in the Yen. The strategy is that a weaker currency will boost exports and lower unemployment.

One side-effect of this is the JPY:USD exchange rate has dropped like a rock. At the beginning of October 2012, your dollar bought 78 yen. Last week it bought 96. Of course, the Yen falls against the dollar it also falls against the Renminbi. October 2012, it took 12.40 yen to buy a Yuan. Last week it took 15.50

Since a decent chunk of the JDM trains are produced in China, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the manufacturers have raised their wholesale prices a bit. At the same time, the fact that Yen has dropped so far against the dollar means a 10% HS discount today is the same as a 27% discount was five months ago. JDM trains are a *bargain* right now and I for one plan on buying a couple this year, that is if they don't all set out in advance like the last two sets I wanted.

Edited by Mudkip Orange
  • Like 1

Nope prices haven't changed but it doesn't mean new ones will be inline

they could go up but that would be the list/rrp not the wholesaler

Hs is still smiling all the way to the bank lol have you seen there jp prices.

There \1000 an hr eng students staff aren't seeing the extra $$

... 10% HS discount today is the same as a 27% discount was five months ago. ...

Worth an extra 17% discount because of the exchange rate hey?

So, I just see the "Sales" items on http://www.loco1hobby.com/shopbrand/008/Y/ ... 27% less than RRP .... http://www.loco1hobby.com/new/2013-03-13-211704.html

Plus Mudkip's 17% means US purchasers can save 44% off the RRP price in October 2012 !!!!

That's cool !!!

Mudkip Orange

Keitaro you run loco1? Any chance you'll stock the Aichi Loop blue? (Kato 10-1168). Seems like you're cheaper than HS on the Aichi Loop Green and the 313 re-releases...

• Like 1